Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-12-2019, 06:33 PM   #15
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
TCM tune is huge. I do a light burnout in 1st gear, all nannies off, brake stall to 2k rpm, let off brake and push pedal to the floor at the same time...you have to find the sweet spot, can't smash it on the street.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:11 AM   #16
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clos.95 View Post
Yeah current “mods” are drop in filter which I don’t personally consider a mod didn’t feel anything haha Secondary cat delete didn’t feel anything either
E85 yes felt more power thru whole power curb and nitto drag radials.
Rotofab gains are usually 10-15whp from what I’ve seen with a tune and Vararam claims they’ll out perform Rotofab and I’ve ran their intake on my C5 was definitely worth it so I’m assuming 15whp from VR, also heard ported tb is around 5whp and primary cat deletes are around 10whp that’s why i was assuming 25-30whp, correct me if I’m wrong I’m still learning. I’d retune car with these mods. And I meant TCM tune earlier not ECU haha I might save the $150 for a ported Tb and use that towards the TCM unlock and tune a local tuner in Los Angeles quoted me $650 for TCM unlock and tune and car would have to sit for 2 weeks, that’s why I was considering doing the converter as well trans tune and converer all in would be around $2300, and should take off .5 from 1/4 but looking back seems like it’s not worth the money.
I also did not notice anything on the dragstrip from the drop-in air filter, but it is a change in the airpath so it is a mod. Just not a particularly effective one. BTW Jannetty Racing tested a drop-in air filter, and he found zero gain on his dyno.

The V-Max ported TB that I bought was claimed to gain 8hp but again, did not really see anything noticeable on the dragstrip.

The Rotofab CAI, I have seen reports from 2hp to about 15hp. As far as Vararam, manufacturer claims don't mean anything as far as I'm concerned. Cold Air Inductions for example claims a 24 hp gain, yeah right.

$1650 installed for a converter? What type of converter did they quote you for that price?
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:06 AM   #17
Clos.95

Drives: Black 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
TCM tune is huge. I do a light burnout in 1st gear, all nannies off, brake stall to 2k rpm, let off brake and push pedal to the floor at the same time...you have to find the sweet spot, can't smash it on the street.
Thanks Forsure will be doing TCM tune soon thanks for the help!
Clos.95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:10 AM   #18
Clos.95

Drives: Black 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
I also did not notice anything on the dragstrip from the drop-in air filter, but it is a change in the airpath so it is a mod. Just not a particularly effective one. BTW Jannetty Racing tested a drop-in air filter, and he found zero gain on his dyno.

The V-Max ported TB that I bought was claimed to gain 8hp but again, did not really see anything noticeable on the dragstrip.

The Rotofab CAI, I have seen reports from 2hp to about 15hp. As far as Vararam, manufacturer claims don't mean anything as far as I'm concerned. Cold Air Inductions for example claims a 24 hp gain, yeah right.

$1650 installed for a converter? What type of converter did they quote you for that price?
Sorry numbers were a little off around $2600 since converter is $1,300 plus tax $100 $500 to install $650 for TCM Tune
Clos.95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:04 PM   #19
Kentucky74

Drives: 2018 ss 1le camaro
+1 for the pray ported Im/Tb
Kentucky74 is offline   Reply With Quote