Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-21-2018, 09:43 AM   #127
Apex_Missing_Ape

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Coming out of a 2016 Focus RS (350HP/350TQ), hi performance turbo 4s are fun. Stock it ran 13s, and with a basic tune I was cracking 12.7s. But I agree with others here, it sounded like crap and I actually get better MPG in my new SS 1LE.

I haven't driven a V6 Camaro but I would be sad to see its demise. Performance NA motors are hard to come by nowadays (RIP H6 Porsche Cayman).
Apex_Missing_Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:01 PM   #128
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
From GMInsidenews.com regarding the 2019 Cruze:

New Features:

LS Hatch model (1BR68) with (1SB) equipment group
(ZFT) LS Convenience Package
(ENL) Engine control, stop-start system override
(G6O) Pacific Blue Metallic exterior color
(GE0) Oakwood Metallic exterior color
(HXT/HXW) Jet Black/ Galvanized Cloth seating for LS, LT and Diesel
(HGN) Jet Black/ Galvanized Leatherette seating for Diesel with PCM, and Premier
(HGP) Jet Black/ Umber Leatherette seating for Diesel with PCM, and Premier
(UGE) LED tail lamps on Premier
(UHY) Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking now part of the (WPS) Driver Confidence II Package
(UKJ) Front Pedestrian Braking now part of the (WPS) Driver Confidence II Package
(SIL) Powered Universal Tablet Holder, LPO (late availability)
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:02 PM   #129
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Its amazing GM sends this out for feedback, but when Camaro created the ugly 2019 SS refresh, they do not send out any choices for opinions which is just as important as engine choices
Good point.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:08 PM   #130
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
4’s are junk no matter what brand of car it is , after 2-3 years they can’t make it up a mountain unless you start out at 70 by the time you hit the top of the mountain your doing 40

Roflmao, this is a very dumb generalization.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #131
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
The difference in fuel economy in a turbo 4 and a V6 is negligible at best. The Accord turbo 2.0 is no more efficient than the old 3.5 V6. The 1.5 turbo is a little, but really anyone who had a V6 is going to the 2.0. Anyone who wants a Camaro isn't buying the 4 cylinder for efficiency over the V6. And frankly the difference in fuel economy from the V6 to V8 isn't all that great any more either. A couple of MPG. Across the line, you're looking at maybe 4-5 MPG difference between a turbo 4 and a V8. When you seriously think about it, it's stupid to even consider anything less than the V8. In the old days it was a difference of 10+ MPG. Not any more.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:57 PM   #132
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
The difference in fuel economy in a turbo 4 and a V6 is negligible at best. The Accord turbo 2.0 is no more efficient than the old 3.5 V6. The 1.5 turbo is a little, but really anyone who had a V6 is going to the 2.0. Anyone who wants a Camaro isn't buying the 4 cylinder for efficiency over the V6. And frankly the difference in fuel economy from the V6 to V8 isn't all that great any more either. A couple of MPG. Across the line, you're looking at maybe 4-5 MPG difference between a turbo 4 and a V8. When you seriously think about it, it's stupid to even consider anything less than the V8. In the old days it was a difference of 10+ MPG. Not any more.
Eh, between the 4cyl and 6cyl across the board probably true minus that the 4cyl needs premium and the 6cyl can use 87.

Between the 6cyl and 8cyl... not quite...

My old 3.6 easily got better fuel mileage than my SS ...easily.

In the SS:
On the street I average around 19 - 21 MPG just driving normally.
street / highway combine I average about 23 - 25 mpg Driving normally.
100% highway I average about 26 - 28 MPG Driving at aprox 75 - 80 MPH.

This is what my V6 did and isn't even the best fuel mileage I've gotten in it:

Notice in that photo I'm also doing 75 MPH.
My best in that car was 47 MPG which happened on a road trip between Atlanta and San Francisco. Technically that means the best is my V6 is nearly TWICE that of my 2SS.
No, its not as badass as my SS is...but that doesn't mean its garbage, I hold it to a high respect...its a very nicely designed car.
I averaged around 35 - 37 MPG all freeway. The freak #'s pulled up on road trips.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:31 PM   #133
TheWiseWolf

Drives: Camaro
ehhh highly doubt it. I believe the V8 is more in danger of being obsolete then the V6. Considering every car manufacturer is leaning towards a low fuel intake cars/hybrid technology.

IMO i think all V8 cars will be gone from the public market and the only vehicles that will have a V8 will be commercial use vehicles like construction trucks or trailers by 2030.
TheWiseWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:00 PM   #134
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWolf View Post
ehhh highly doubt it. I believe the V8 is more in danger of being obsolete then the V6. Considering every car manufacturer is leaning towards a low fuel intake cars/hybrid technology.

IMO i think all V8 cars will be gone from the public market and the only vehicles that will have a V8 will be commercial use vehicles like construction trucks or trailers by 2030.
Sadly I can easily see this happening.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:26 PM   #135
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Its amazing GM sends this out for feedback, but when Camaro created the ugly 2019 SS refresh, they do not send out any choices for opinions which is just as important as engine choices
I'm sure there was a outside group that had there opinion on the refresh but it was late in the design stage . A group of Camaro fans from this forum may not be the best choice for a opinion on design because so many fear change . There are 100 pages here about where the flowtie is located and in my opinion the fact that the 2019 Camaro is getting the A10 which will make the car better far outweighs where the flowtie sits . Most of the people outside of this forum buying the 2019 won't care where it is either because they love that it will have the A10 and the 2018s don't . Camaro has always been performance first and looks has been the kicker .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:15 PM   #136
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRuss View Post
We drove all 3 the same day and it was no contest, the Mazda was better in every way. Maybe the torque was skewing the butt dyno.
I think your butt dyno needs a recalibration lol
Attached Images

'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #137
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LTLoveIt View Post
Hi,

I got an email from GM on my new car purchase, specific to engine choices. It was a survey and when it got to the engine choices there were 2 4 cylinder options and 3 8 cylinder options. I chose none of the above and the next screen asked me why. I stated, "V6 minimum, preferred". For my survey to matter I shaved 11 yrs off my age.

My hunch was right, Chevy wants to copy Ford & Honda ditching the V6 for 2018 is making them seriously considering dropping V6 Level.

It's a known fact that 4 cylinders have to work harder. Yes, they are more efficient, but if you want to keep a car 8-10 yrs a V6 is better in the long run.

They might be copying Ford. They don't give a damn about Honda.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:36 PM   #138
len_eng

Drives: 2024 Radiant Red 2SS, 1994 Z28,
Stupid question, but where will the batteries go? There is little to no room in the car presently, And how much will the enhancement cost? Dump the turbo four and keep the V6, at least it is the only option that allows you to run regular instead of premium only. I had two V6s in my gen 5s and they were great engines, my wife has the turbo 4 in her Malibu and she would rather have had the V6 like her previous Malibu. At least she didn't have to pay for premium gas.
len_eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:51 PM   #139
GooseSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
They will probably do what Tesla did, the floor. Best for the center of gravity - although the Camaro would have the whole "drive shaft" to deal with, so who knows.
GooseSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:26 PM   #140
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by len_eng View Post
Stupid question, but where will the batteries go? There is little to no room in the car presently, And how much will the enhancement cost? Dump the turbo four and keep the V6, at least it is the only option that allows you to run regular instead of premium only. I had two V6s in my gen 5s and they were great engines, my wife has the turbo 4 in her Malibu and she would rather have had the V6 like her previous Malibu. At least she didn't have to pay for premium gas.
Keep in mind the discussion is about a HYBRID not a BEV. Think something under 2 kWh like a Prius and not 18 kWh like a Volt or 60 kWh like a Bolt.

A sub-2 kWh battery can fit under the rear seats (probably eliminating the rear pass through on coupes) or in the spare tire well, making fix-a-flat and runflats the only flat tire options.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote