Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-08-2023, 01:45 PM   #29
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
I have it on mine with the heat shield because why not lol. Was a quick install and sent back my old one. Did a remote tune shortly after with DynoSteve and I must say there was a nice mid range improvement even before the tune. For the price it’s the best around dollar for dollar.

I saw something in one of the threads.
Could you give me a link to the heat shield?
I liked the idea.

That was some kind of self-adhesive insulating film, wasn't it...?

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 01:47 PM   #30
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Hey George, from all the posts I have read about happy people who got the GPI ported and rod modded intake on here, it is a sure way to go with a "lightly" modded Camaro such as yours. Heck even the cammed guys running them love it!! If I hadn't done the LOD, I would have gone that route! Just might still.. You can't go wrong.

I have already decided to buy it.
But the GPI guys aren't talking to me yet.
I need to negotiate the price of postage here to Europe

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
Old 06-08-2023, 01:55 PM   #31
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Yes it's adhesive, I may have a link in the thread I started about intake. I am on my phone so it's annoying to try and search.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 02:06 PM   #32
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Yes it's adhesive, I may have a link in the thread I started about intake. I am on my phone so it's annoying to try and search.

At rest...
You'll put it here when you're on the computer. But I think the link wasn't there.
I am mainly concerned with the thickness of the foil with insulation.
I have no idea how much space there is under the intake.

Old 06-08-2023, 02:18 PM   #33
Joe.G

https://gwatneyperformance.com/produ...ld-ls3-140021/. Heatshield Products (140021) I-M Shield Intake Manifold Heat Shield https://a.co/d/jlg1WIB
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 06-08-2023, 03:23 PM   #34
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
I have already decided to buy it.
But the GPI guys aren't talking to me yet.
I need to negotiate the price of postage here to Europe
George - feel free to e-mail me directly and I can get things worked out for you. Andrew@gwatneyperformance.com
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 02:32 AM   #35
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
George - feel free to e-mail me directly and I can get things worked out for you. Andrew@gwatneyperformance.com

This would be fine. Still no one called me.
Maybe if they see bad English, they take it as SPAM message..?
That's happened to me to.

Old 06-09-2023, 02:51 AM   #36
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
https://gwatneyperformance.com/produ...ld-ls3-140021/. Heatshield Products (140021) I-M Shield Intake Manifold Heat Shield https://a.co/d/jlg1WIB

Perfect!
Thank you

Old 06-09-2023, 05:43 AM   #37
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
George,

As far as the heat shield here is some data. This is info from a data log I did & the air temp outside was about 60 degrees. The car was driven for 20 minutes normal to warm it up. oil temp was about 200. This was from the 4th wot in this particular log. Pretty impressive imo.
Attached Images

2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 05:45 AM   #38
Joe.G

According to your log it works well, Glad I added it the hardest part was getting the backing off of it.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 06-09-2023, 07:26 AM   #39
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
This would be fine. Still no one called me.
Maybe if they see bad English, they take it as SPAM message..?
That's happened to me to.
I didn't see one this morning, so I'm assuming you got a reply. If you sent me one (and I didn't get it) let me know, and I'll figure out what's going on. You can always PM your e-mail address to keep it private, and I can e-mail you.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Old 06-09-2023, 12:00 PM   #40
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
George,

As far as the heat shield here is some data. This is info from a data log I did & the air temp outside was about 60 degrees. The car was driven for 20 minutes normal to warm it up. oil temp was about 200. This was from the 4th wot in this particular log. Pretty impressive imo.

That is very nice.
I will definitely use this shield as well.

Old 06-09-2023, 12:07 PM   #41
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I didn't see one this morning, so I'm assuming you got a reply. If you sent me one (and I didn't get it) let me know, and I'll figure out what's going on. You can always PM your e-mail address to keep it private, and I can e-mail you.

That's weird Andrew. I wrote you an email today at 10am local time. Which, given your time difference, is 4am in the States.

Can he please check it?

I am copying the email here, in private messages.

Otherwise, no one from GPI heard back. And that's what I wrote to them through their web form.

Old 06-09-2023, 12:14 PM   #42
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
That's weird Andrew. I wrote you an email today at 10am local time. Which, given your time difference, is 4am in the States.

Can he please check it?

I am copying the email here, in private messages.

Otherwise, no one from GPI heard back. And that's what I wrote to them through their web form.
I wonder if our e-mail platform is rejecting your mail for some reason. I show we are pretty caught up, and I definitely know my work e-mail is. I replied to your PM, I'll try to e-mail you.