Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
It's called to much power!
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:48 PM   #58
Earthmover
Daniel

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HPE 850 HP
Add one more to the list.

It is VERY noticeable and extremely scary with the extra hp (courtesy of HPE) on a cool day!

(I hope I did that YouTube link correct, first timer here).

I complained to them that somehow the traction control was screwed up after the upgrade, they thought it was due to the cold pavement, and now I find this thread.

BUT, I’m loving it! Brings an old man back to a 16 yr old. lol
Old 04-08-2018, 07:06 PM   #59
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmueller View Post
This is not a mismatching tire issue. This happens on stock ZL1s with newish factory tires. I can’t say if it happens with different tires. I have had mismatched tires causing float on other cars. That feeling is present all the time with any steering input at highway speed. The feeling others and myself are talking about happens when going full throttle while already at highway speed. It’s different than mismatching tires.
I have noticed the same thing. When driving at highway speeds and hitting it, the rearend feels like it slides from side to side. I just figured it was the tires or alignment.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:41 PM   #60
baron95
2018 1LE, NASA Instructor

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
My SS1LE wiggles all the way to 80MPH when accelerating at full power.

Certainly a lot less tied down at full acceleration than my C7 Z51 was.
baron95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:11 PM   #61
ReefBlueCoupe

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE MBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefBlueCoupe View Post
Mine does this - feels to me like the ELSD and TC as others have said. There's really nothing else it could be. It's an instantaneous back-and-forth of the rear that lasts for 1/2-1 second at WOT or hard acceleration while the car is already moving. It sorts itself out after that.

Keep in mind we are dealing with GM-level refinement and calibration of a complicated system trying to manage 650 ft-lbs, not Italian-supercar-level refinement and calibration. Either the calibration was rushed, the engineers didn't encounter this scenario during development (unlikely), or the processing of I/O from/to the ELSD unit/TC system just isn't happening fast enough (processing is too slow). It'd be great if there were an updated calibration to take care of this, but I haven't heard of anything. Then again, if it's not the calibration but is instead the processing speed that's the problem, nothing but swapping ECU components will fix that.

It's never felt out of control to me, but was unnerving the first few times I went WOT from a roll and didn't expect it.

I've felt mechanical diffs do this on the dragstrip in the past, but usually it's WAY more pronounced and doesn't go away, and with big drag tires and big sidewalls, things can get out of control quickly. Hence why we have spools and Waveloc/similar for high-hp cars accelerating hard.
I want to come in here say I had my car aligned by Jerry Onks at Vettesport here in Middle Tennessee, and the problem is completely gone. I don't remember the exact specs before alignment, but the rear had one side with positive toe and one side with negative toe, so that explains it for me. Got it to factory specs and it's great now. For others having this problem, have your alignment checked.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:14 PM   #62
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Alignments are very piss poor on these cars out of the box, that I know for sure. They can be all over the place.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:25 AM   #63
Stealthjr

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 1969 Camaro SS
Are the “normal” street driving specs in print anywhere so my knucklehead shop doesnt give me a V6 1LT aligment? lol
Id like to be able to hand him a print out and tell him to “get it to these specs”.

Thanks!

P.S. My 2018 A10 does the same thing! I punched it at 65mph and about sharted on my new seats!

Last edited by Stealthjr; 04-19-2018 at 07:45 PM.
Stealthjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:31 PM   #64
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Anyone here have any info on the supposed software update bulletin for this? Ted Jannetty mentioned it in his thread (which concerned a different issue), but no more info was available. It sounds like there is an improved software available.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:32 PM   #65
BMWM.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthjr View Post
Are the “normal” street driving specs in print anywhere so my knucklehead shop doesnt give me a V6 1LT aligment? lol
Id like to be able to hand him a print out and tell hom to “get it to these specs”.

Thanks!

P.S. My 2018 A10 does the same thing! I punched it at 65mph and about sharted on my new seats!
Are you the same Stealthjr that was on the Hotrodders forums back in the day?
Old 04-19-2018, 07:42 PM   #66
Stealthjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
Are you the same Stealthjr that was on the Hotrodders forums back in the day?
Depending which "hot rodders" forums you mean...id say yes, probably so!
I used to live in SoCal (my entire life) and moved to Texas in 2007!

I have had more cars and been on more forums than i can count sooooo send me a PM if you want to catch up! (Who the heck is this...lol)

Cheers!

Robert
Old 04-20-2018, 09:05 AM   #67
BMWM.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthjr View Post
Depending which "hot rodders" forums you mean...id say yes, probably so!
I used to live in SoCal (my entire life) and moved to Texas in 2007!

I have had more cars and been on more forums than i can count sooooo send me a PM if you want to catch up! (Who the heck is this...lol)

Cheers!

Robert
Actually, maybe it was Pro-Touring.com? I had a silver ‘67 Camaro with a magnacharged LS swap, so I was over there a lot about 10 years ago. Wish I hadn’t sold that car. I went by streetk14 over there.

Andy
Old 04-20-2018, 05:16 PM   #68
Stealthjr

Quote:
Actually, maybe it was Pro-Touring.com? I had a silver ‘67 Camaro with a magnacharged LS swap, so I was over there a lot about 10 years ago. Wish I hadn’t sold that car. I went by streetk14 over there.

Andy
Pro-touring.com was definitely me! I sold my 67 Camaro Drag car and still have my 69 Camaro Pro Touring. Im in the middle of “updating” it for the 3rd time in the last 10 years!

Cheers!

Robert
Old 04-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #69
Stress

Drives: BMW
Quote:
Anyone here have any info on the supposed software update bulletin for this? Ted Jannetty mentioned it in his thread (which concerned a different issue), but no more info was available. It sounds like there is an improved software available.
This sounds like interesting. Can you please post a link to Ted Jannetty's post regarding the software update for the eLSD I presume? I couldn't find it.
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:25 PM   #70
Buzzmanb12

Drives: '17 ZL1
Here ya go Stress:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525356
Buzzmanb12 is offline   Reply With Quote