Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-14-2018, 05:54 PM   #1
mjoffsetkustoms

Drives: 2018 1LE 2SS
Installing an Elite Engineering E2-X catch can on an LT1 w/ ProCharger

I have a 2018 2SS 1LE with a ProCharger Stage II w/P1-X head unit. I ordered an Elite Engineering E2-X catch can and quickly realized the instructions per their website would not work at all for my set up. So, after a bit of time staring at my car and the E2-X system, I figured it out, so here are the install steps for this catch can on a car with a ProCharger.

Step 1. Remove the driver's side rail cover (I no longer have valve covers, so that step isn't necessary for me) for ease of access. Loosen the clamp for the filter tube. This will be need to be removed to provide clearance so that you can replace the stock oil cap with the CSS cap. Once the CSS cap is in place, put the filter and tube back and retighten the clamp.
Attached Images

mjoffsetkustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:00 PM   #2
mjoffsetkustoms

The can will have to be mounted to the front of the block, behind the fan. The provided bracket would not work on it's own, so I found another bracket that we attached to the supplied one and then bolted it into the block.
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2018, 06:16 PM   #3
mjoffsetkustoms

Slide the can in the bracket and tighten. Next, pull the hoses from the input and output nozzles. The input will have a direct hose that goes to the inlet port #1 on the can. Unscrew the black hose adapters, and using a little WD40, screw the raw end of the hose into it amd reattached to the can. For the two outlets, you will need to install the one way splicer (with flow AWAY from can) in the middle of the hose. One will plug back into the output port, the 3rd will plug into the nipple on the CSS cap.
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2018, 06:18 PM   #4
mjoffsetkustoms

Here is the final result. Total install took about 30 minutes because I had to tweak the secondary bracket to make it fit. Hope this helps others who have a ProCharger and want to install a catch can.
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2019, 10:22 AM   #5
KX167TIM

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Just curious how this set up is working for you? Elite wasn't much help when I sent them my picture and asked if it was correct.
KX167TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:24 AM   #6
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
On the PC vacuum manifold did you have to use any of the extra ports? I only had 1 free port and used it to run my AEM boost gauge for my PC D1SC.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:11 AM   #7
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
I have had a Elite E2 can for a year now, and put on a Paxton over the winter.

Just be aware that those little one way valves will fail in a short amount of time if subjected to any real amount of vacuum. They have a very small spring that just pushes on a small thin round piece of rubber to seal, you will eventually find the rubber is either sucked half way down a line or gone completely. I had problems with them not sealing when I was running them NA, and once I had my S/C on the rubber was not to be found again.