Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-25-2019, 07:39 PM   #85
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Ok just going to toss this out there. Forget the 3.6TT from the ATS-V. I don’t see GM putting a far more expensive engine in the Camaro that will perform no better than an LT1. I had this same discussion years ago with Target Juechter and that was basically his conclusion, except his challenge was trying to get better FE.

However, the replacement for the NA 3.6 L V6 in the CT5 is a 3.0 TT with the same 330ish HP BUT 400 lbft of torque. That could be a nice addition to the middle ground and certainly be more than competitive with the Mustang.
That would be a perfect replacement and i'm sure they could squeeze another 50 HP out of it . That 3.0 could also work nicely with a hybrid system i would imagine .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:19 PM   #86
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Ok just going to toss this out there. Forget the 3.6TT from the ATS-V. I don’t see GM putting a far more expensive engine in the Camaro that will perform no better than an LT1. I had this same discussion years ago with Target Juechter and that was basically his conclusion, except his challenge was trying to get better FE.

However, the replacement for the NA 3.6 L V6 in the CT5 is a 3.0 TT with the same 330ish HP BUT 400 lbft of torque. That could be a nice addition to the middle ground and certainly be more than competitive with the Mustang.
That could mean the end of the NA V6 in the Camaro lineup, but with the performance gap between V6 and V8 being so much larger than the gap between I4 and V6, that would make for a nice upgrade which more evenly divides that gap (certainly it's more logical than two engines available in the LT trim which are right on top of each other). Giving the Camaro line something which plays in the mid to high 4 second range (about where a non-1LE 5th gen SS was) while a Gen V V8 derivative competes in the "big engine" game against the competition should make for a more well rounded performance lineup.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:34 PM   #87
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Get rid of the combustion engine, go full electric, add 26 inch rims standard and add pink Bowties.

Add a 10 speed manual trans and a Cold Air Intake to the Electric motor!
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote