Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-25-2019, 10:11 AM   #15
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisd View Post
I've tried searching, but can't find anything about this.

Does anyone know if the SS (2019, non-1LE) is warrantied for track use? I'd like to do some track days, but I'm getting a bit of a run-around trying to figure out if I'd be under warranty if something blew up. (Assuming of course that I followed all the instructions on properly prepping the car for track use.)
Track required preparation is fairly significant. 0/40 Mobil 1 Dexos II | 5/40 Motul Dexos II oils are two that work. DOT 4 brake fluid (Motul RBF 600 is one brand). Torque lug nuts to 140 pound feet. NO locking lugs (6 regular lugs). Tire pressure / monitor tire pressure during events. Differential fluid (not as often and eLSD). Transmission fluid (not sure on '19 model years).

Track alignment is also a recommendation.

More stuff that I can't remember, others can supply.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #16
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisd View Post
I've tried searching, but can't find anything about this.

Does anyone know if the SS (2019, non-1LE) is warrantied for track use? I'd like to do some track days, but I'm getting a bit of a run-around trying to figure out if I'd be under warranty if something blew up. (Assuming of course that I followed all the instructions on properly prepping the car for track use.)
Here is an article quoting Al Oppenheiser saying that your warranty covers track use:https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...-to-the-track/

But, make sure you read the owners manual for your car. There is a section in there about performance driving, and as mentione above, there are many things you have to do before you go to the track, and I'm sure you have to follow that to keep your warranty intact (different weight oil, brake air deflectors and spash sheilds, etc.).

ALSO, folks who have the automatic transmission have to have the the transmission fluid set to the track specific oil level, and that can only be done by the dealer. Most dealers probably won't know about this, and you may have to educate them. I had it done, and made sure it said so on my reciept. That way if something goes wrong with my trans, it will be covered....
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote