Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-18-2023, 08:54 PM   #15
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Yeah I also fall in that category. And like you I have been playing with bigger injectors and fuel pumps on bolt-on cars extensively for the last 4-5yrs. The problem I see with LT1 cars is the pump lobe is even smaller than the LT4. These high side pumps really need a bigger fuel lobe to get the most out of them. So it might make more sense if wanting to stay on the conservative side but NEED more fuel is to grab the BTR big fuel lobe(32%) stock profile cam. IF you can do the work yourself it would cost less than half of one of these big pumps and likely provide more fuel headroom vs a stock lobe cam with bigger pump. Or keep your LPE and do the BTR big fuel since you already have it.
Yeah I've been debating on doing the cam for the fuel lobe and keeping the stock LT4 pump. But it's also a lot more work. So it's kind of worth the cost of a HPFP that can manage what I need on the stock LT4 fuel lobe. Once I start thinking cam I would want to delete the DOD stuff and then I'll want to maybe add a little more power and then I'll need a valvetrain etc......so in reality it won't be any cheaper
Megahurtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 07:29 AM   #16
Sillysspeed

Drives: 98 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Yeah I've been debating on doing the cam for the fuel lobe and keeping the stock LT4 pump. But it's also a lot more work. So it's kind of worth the cost of a HPFP that can manage what I need on the stock LT4 fuel lobe. Once I start thinking cam I would want to delete the DOD stuff and then I'll want to maybe add a little more power and then I'll need a valvetrain etc......so in reality it won't be any cheaper
Same here, I have an lt1 so my thought goes to, if I’m going in the engine I’m going rods and pistons along with cam, dod delete etc 🤯 😅. Hate to do that on a new car with 2300 miles
Sillysspeed is offline   Reply With Quote