Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-02-2020, 08:34 PM   #15
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Im still undecided at this point but i know a zle would make me so happy vs a cts v which will grow old to me real fast. If i do go this route i would immediately switch to firestone indy 500s i already have them in a 325/30/19 on my mustang and have no complaints in any conditions. I would probaly end up getting a winter beater too for the bad snow days and really cold weather. Thanks for all the info.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:56 PM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
Im still undecided at this point but i know a zle would make me so happy vs a cts v which will grow old to me real fast. If i do go this route i would immediately switch to firestone indy 500s i already have them in a 325/30/19 on my mustang and have no complaints in any conditions. I would probaly end up getting a winter beater too for the bad snow days and really cold weather. Thanks for all the info.
That tire is not available for the 305 front on the ZLE
Old 08-03-2020, 04:50 PM   #17
~Jb

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Definitely depends on the roads but it seems like you're suggesting the PS4s make the ride better which I disagree with, but if you mean for rain and traction on the street then yes PS4 is definitely the tire for daily driving.

If it's the looks you want I'd get the regular Z and then add the aero items and wheels. Keep mag ride and you'll have a great daily driver. The A10 trans is amazing in the Z as well.

This is where I respectfully disagree. While not a world of difference, the ride quality with the PS4s vs the 3Rs defiantly made a significant difference in comfort for my street driving with the so-so roads in Iowa. Can't speak to track performance, though obviously the 3Rs will be better.

The choice of regular Z vs ZLE is so tough. Part of me (especially with this year so far) likes to think I should have gone regular Z and added the aero and other 1LE bits I liked. But if you really want the OEM appearance, those who have priced it know how much the conversion really costs (just in parts).

When the ZLE is in its true element (the track) that is when the thoughts of the regular Z and the harsh riding weekend cruises all fade away. Unfortunately, the cost of a regular Z, plus the cost of the OEM conversion has not lined up yet, sure maybe sometime in the future, but not today. Which makes me happy with my decision to own the ZLE.

There will of course always be a Z converted to ZLE every now and again, but it just depends how quickly you are looking to buy. As im sure others have told you you really cant go wrong either way.