#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 07-15-2020, 09:01 AM   #15
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Hmm, yeah I kinda doubt it makes sense unless you have a way to do this for less than most tire shops are gonna want to charge.

My tire wear was fairly even, they corded inside about when the outer block wore through the grooves, the tires were definitely losing quite a bit of grip at that point anyways.
The G3 losing grip as they wear is in your head. I just set a new PB during a time trial this weekend with rears that I absolutely cannot believe didn't cord that day. They are slicks with only the 1 inside groove left. I'll get pics if you don't believe me, but I have found every set I've worn through to be very consistent all the way to the cords.

Here's a pic of the last fronts i replaced. They were still within a second of my then (previous) PB and it was my first track day of this season, so my driving skills were definitely rusty.
Attached Images

TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:04 AM   #16
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
The G3 losing grip as they wear is in your head.
Lol, yeah I know, people don't time runs or anything...

Sorry, but near the end, once cords were showing, they did indeed lose grip and lose time. Probably more worn than many would go but that's what I had that day.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:11 AM   #17
TheRealJA105

Did you read the rest of my post? No shit once they are actually corded they lose time.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:19 AM   #18
DaveC113

Quote:
Did you read the rest of my post? No shit once they are actually corded they lose time.
You're just a barrel of fun, aren't you?

Your attitude here is ridiculous. Maybe it's time to take some time off the internet, because you're taking it way, way, way too seriously. Oh, can you post that worn tire avatar pic (which is also ridiculous) one more time? Thanks...
Old 07-15-2020, 11:24 AM   #19
TheRealJA105

Nah i'm good. I usually only argue with guys who have never set foot near a track in the general forums, but what is ridiculous is you trying to discredit my post and calling it laughable. Here's my avatar pic since you asked me to post it, because the one i just posted isn't my avatar FYI. Also please explain how either of these pics are ridiculous? Especially in a thread titled Goodyear SC3 wear
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2020, 11:51 AM   #20
DaveC113

Quote:
Nah i'm good. I usually only argue with guys who have never set foot near a track in the general forums, but what is ridiculous is you trying to discredit my post and calling it laughable. Here's my avatar pic since you asked me to post it, because the one i just posted isn't my avatar FYI. Also please explain how either of these pics are ridiculous? Especially in a thread titled Goodyear SC3 wear
I'm not discrediting anything.

However, you saying that my claim is imaginary is insulting and ridiculous, it's not something anyone would say in real life. Then the "no shit" comment. Once again, unprovoked nasty, condescending and argumentative, and something most wouldn't say in real life.

This kind of attitude is not conducive to a productive conversation, it's unprovoked negativity and serves no purpose other than to insult. If you can't have any respect for others then simply don't say anything.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:59 AM   #21
TheRealJA105

Ok I'll try this again. In my experience the G3s do not fall off in grip as they wear, even very close to the cords.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:32 PM   #22
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Thanks for the input guys ... despite the last bit off the rails there (&#129299 I definitely realized I should flip mount my tires. I just got a great deal on some new SC3s off tire rack but I guess I’ll burn up this set a little more.

I’m also running stock alignment, since I’ll be driving the car a lot less on the street now I’ll take the plunge. I was told to get the alignment with new tires if possible so I guess I’ll heed that advice... and it’ll take a little longer with my new flip mount strategy.
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:30 PM   #23
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
Thanks for the input guys ... despite the last bit off the rails there (&#129299 I definitely realized I should flip mount my tires. I just got a great deal on some new SC3s off tire rack but I guess I’ll burn up this set a little more.

I’m also running stock alignment, since I’ll be driving the car a lot less on the street now I’ll take the plunge. I was told to get the alignment with new tires if possible so I guess I’ll heed that advice... and it’ll take a little longer with my new flip mount strategy.
The track alignment actually wears more evenly for me, with just street driving with some on/off ramps.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 12:12 AM   #24
tawheed

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
The track alignment actually wears more evenly for me, with just street driving with some on/off ramps.
Good to know. I'm about to get an alignment and was going to have them dial in the track setup on my ZL1 for mostly street use as well!
tawheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:24 AM   #25
TheRealJA105

As promised rear tires as the car sits now, fresh off of the last session with a new personal best / #1 forum track time list / fastest street car lap at the TT / smoked a ZLE on 325 square G3Rs. They don't get slower until cords if you are willing to push them on the road course.

Editing to clarify they don't fall off on track driving. Autocross may be a totally different story tho. I've only done 1 autocross each of the last 2 years and don't find the G3 to be a very good autocross tire. It needs more heat than the RE71s/Rivals/Yokos (all of which I think is very well known throughout the community)
Attached Images

Last edited by TheRealJA105; 07-21-2020 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #26
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot_1SS_1LE View Post
I'm sure this topic has been covered here, but I couldn't manage to find anything conclusive.

I just corded the inside shoulder on the front SC3s, but I feel like there is a lot of life left on the rest of the tire. To me it looks like I had too much toe out (positive) during the 8,000 street miles and my last track day finished them off. I'm thinking of trying an alignment with neutral toe, and about -2.25 degrees camber in the front. Do you guys think I'll get better life on my next set?
As others have chimed in, it is likely your excessive toe.
My tires last a good 6-7 days (4x30min sessions per day) in instructor group. They wear very evenly even with some DD. 2.6F and 1.6R camber. Very slight toe out in F and 0.2 in ( total toe) in R (0.1 would be better but the tech could not dial it for some reason). I do NOT flip my tires, because they wear very evenly with my settings.
I have corded one set (on the inside) but it was on a very abrasive surface on day 5.
They do not fall off pace wise in my experience.
Here's a pic, which is similar to what TheRealJA posted.
Attached Images

TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:44 PM   #27
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
I had my pre-track inspection with a euro shop .. I asked the service tech about flipping the tires and he told me “the sidewall on these tires would make you absolutely hate them... PSC tires and some other “inside/outside” tires but I would not flip these”.

I tend to believe you all who flip them but do you notice different handling characteristics or anything?

Here’s what my fronts look after 3 one-day events for reference. I plan on getting the track alignment once I put my next set of SC3s on.
Attached Images

evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:26 PM   #28
LESS1

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
As promised rear tires as the car sits now, fresh off of the last session with a new personal best / #1 forum track time list / fastest street car lap at the TT / smoked a ZLE on 325 square G3Rs. They don't get slower until cords if you are willing to push them on the road course.

Editing to clarify they don't fall off on track driving. Autocross may be a totally different story tho. I've only done 1 autocross each of the last 2 years and don't find the G3 to be a very good autocross tire. It needs more heat than the RE71s/Rivals/Yokos (all of which I think is very well known throughout the community)
Agree completely. I just want to know how did you get into my garage and borrow my rears? Send them back asap I have a track day soon!
LESS1 is offline   Reply With Quote