Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-12-2020, 01:01 PM   #15
EWard

Drives: 2019 Camaro RBM M6 LTG 1LS
The part numbers are the same for all engine sizes, I would think there would be different valving for the front struts considering that there is approx. 325-350lb difference between the 4 and 8.

The OESpectrum struts do have different part numbers.

It would be great to see powell raceshop valve for the 2.0T.
EWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:44 PM   #16
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
john is working with tyler over at zzp who has a track driven 2.0 turbo car but it appears due to the weight loss on the front of the car the car sits way higher than my ss car so he will be working on a new set for the 2.0/v6 guys
Old 03-12-2020, 02:50 PM   #17
EWard

Drives: 2019 Camaro RBM M6 LTG 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
john is working with tyler over at zzp who has a track driven 2.0 turbo car but it appears due to the weight loss on the front of the car the car sits way higher than my ss car so he will be working on a new set for the 2.0/v6 guys
Thanks for the info , I was about to buy a set of B6's after calling Bilstein's technical department and they said the shocks were designed for all 3 engine types and that I had nothing to worry about.
EWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 02:56 PM   #18
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWard View Post
The part numbers are the same for all engine sizes, I would think there would be different valving for the front struts considering that there is approx. 325-350lb difference between the 4 and 8.

The OESpectrum struts do have different part numbers.

It would be great to see powell raceshop valve for the 2.0T.
Yeah, I would only go with something absolutely geared for the exact car model. I'm almost for certain those B14 Coil Overs were designed and tested for the SS (not the V6/2.0T)

That other post the guy mentioned pairing the B6 struts with the GM 1LE suspension kit. That would be a nice little package. At that price point, you could just buy the complete GM "Lowering Kit" w/Sway Bars.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 02:58 PM   #19
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
Please keep us posted. That would be an awesome set up for the V6/2.0T.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:26 PM   #20
kropscamaro16

yes the weight difference in the nose definately makes a difference
Old 03-12-2020, 08:04 PM   #21
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Yeah, I would only go with something absolutely geared for the exact car model. I'm almost for certain those B14 Coil Overs were designed and tested for the SS (not the V6/2.0T)

That other post the guy mentioned pairing the B6 struts with the GM 1LE suspension kit. That would be a nice little package. At that price point, you could just buy the complete GM "Lowering Kit" w/Sway Bars.
The GM kit is definitely the safe option and proven (according to Camaro team lap times). The Bilstein setup sounds attractive but not sure how extensively it was tested and for which configuration (LT, SS, etc). I agree it likely would have been optimized for the SS without MRC.

The GM kit has different part number for each model which tells me they probably did a more thorough job of dialing it in. Just speculating though.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:27 PM   #22
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
The GM kit is definitely the safe option and proven (according to Camaro team lap times). The Bilstein setup sounds attractive but not sure how extensively it was tested and for which configuration (LT, SS, etc). I agree it likely would have been optimized for the SS without MRC.

The GM kit has different part number for each model which tells me they probably did a more thorough job of dialing it in. Just speculating though.
This is what I've been thinking.
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:07 PM   #23
kropscamaro16

anybody buy and install the bilstein setup yet?
Old 07-29-2020, 09:54 AM   #24
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Please keep us posted. That would be an awesome set up for the V6/2.0T.
I know it's a few months later, but figured I'd give you an update. Still working with the spring manufacturer to get us a prototype 2.0 spring wound up. I've got the YYZ and Bilstein's on the car currently and it drives phenomenally, but like Mike said the weight difference has proved to be an issue. Mike's car sits great, where as the nose of my car is definitely not where we'd like it to be. Factory spring rates between the 2.0 and SS cars are the same, but the springs have a different static height. 'Rona put a ton of stuff on hold, and these springs seem to be on the back burner for the manufacturer unfortunately.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:11 PM   #25
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZP_Tyler View Post
I know it's a few months later, but figured I'd give you an update. Still working with the spring manufacturer to get us a prototype 2.0 spring wound up. I've got the YYZ and Bilstein's on the car currently and it drives phenomenally, but like Mike said the weight difference has proved to be an issue. Mike's car sits great, where as the nose of my car is definitely not where we'd like it to be. Factory spring rates between the 2.0 and SS cars are the same, but the springs have a different static height. 'Rona put a ton of stuff on hold, and these springs seem to be on the back burner for the manufacturer unfortunately.
Good info. Any pics of the actual Bilstein shocks/struts?

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:21 PM   #26
kropscamaro16

i have pics of them on my car but none of the struts/shocks themselves they are on my car
Old 07-30-2020, 08:26 AM   #27
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Good info. Any pics of the actual Bilstein shocks/struts?
I know I've got more somewhere on my phone, but here's the assembled prototype next to a stock 1SS strut assembly.

Old 08-03-2020, 07:58 AM   #28
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
I've been scoping the B14 setup. It looks to be progressive setup ?. I tend to trust bilstein I put a set of height adjustables on my truck to level it out. they are a little softer than oem but still have a great amount of support. Its just a different characteristic.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote