Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-27-2020, 10:40 PM   #71
RotoRocker

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
I bought one from a member here that printed them out and sold them? Are you interested?

Sure, I remember talking to you about this but at the time I was thinking of sticking NA.
RotoRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 06:01 AM   #72
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoRocker View Post
Sure, I remember talking to you about this but at the time I was thinking of sticking NA.
Pm DorkMissile he is the one that printed some,if he no longer has one let me know.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:01 PM   #73
20Bluezl1

So i just installed a DSX flex fuel kit and also got the i-dash to read ethanol. I have not got a tune yet but I'm i suppose to see the ethanol % at least? Or do I need the tune so it shows up on the gauge. I know I can't run E yet but I figured it will still show up.

Last edited by 20Bluezl1; 07-31-2020 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:54 PM   #74
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
So i just installed a DSX flex fuel kit and also got the i-dash to read ethanol. I have not got a tune yet but I'm i suppose to see the ethanol % at least? Or do I need the tune so it shows up on the gauge. I know I can't run E yet but I figured it will still show up.
You won’t see the ethanol percentage until it’s turned on in the ECM.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:00 PM   #75
20Bluezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
You won’t see the ethanol percentage until it’s turned on in the ECM.
Excellent i was kind of worried that I installed the flex fuel kit in the wrong pin.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:05 PM   #76
Trochoidal

Quote:
Excellent i was kind of worried that I installed the flex fuel kit in the wrong pin.
Yes if you didn’t get the pin in the right location on the ECM plug I remember that the ethanol reading would read 40% with a tank of 93. We all know that’s way to high.

So when the time comes and you do turn on the sensor you should be reading 15% or less this time of year running 93.

Yeah it’s 40% when not installed correctly.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538796

When I did my install I was anxious to get HPT loaded to make sure I didn’t plug into the wrong pin location.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 07-31-2020, 07:19 PM   #77
20Bluezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Yes if you didn’t get the pin in the right location on the ECM plug I remember that the ethanol reading would read 40% with a tank of 93. We all know that’s way to high.

So when the time comes and you do turn on the sensor you should be reading 15% or less this time of year running 93.

Yeah it’s 40% when not installed correctly.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538796

When I did my install I was anxious to get HPT loaded to make sure I didn’t plug into the wrong pin location.
What was weird is that it didn't have the grey pin that supposedly it has,it just had a black plug that was inside that I had to push out. Not sure if the 2020 have a different connector.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:50 PM   #78
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
where did you guys tap into for switched 12v, finishing up AEM install... Thx
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 12:21 PM   #79
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
I know this is an old thread but I am planning on buying this Banks iDash SuperGauge and want to mount it in the defroster vent of my 2020 ZL1, how are you guys routing the cord down to the OBD plugin from the defroster vent? Is it pretty straight forward? Thanks for any help!
Old 04-18-2021, 12:37 PM   #80
Trochoidal

Coming from that location in the dash I can’t say from experience if it’s a straight shot down to the OBD plug. However, I can say to just pop off the side cover, grab a flashlight and look up in that general area to see if there’s a path. There’s some sheet metal that you will need to fish the cord through but it’s not tedious or space limited.

Lethal video might help.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vUF98fULV00

Old 06-02-2021, 08:34 AM   #81
forcefedjunkie

Drives: '14 ZL1, Duramax H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPPEDbyZL1 View Post
How exactly do you control the INTERCOOLER ACTIVATION from the guage?
The Aeroforce gauge has a menu item called "controls" that allows you to run the IC pump by itself, the fan by itself at high or low speeds, or both at the same time. It's basically a cool down mode. This is done with ignition on/engine off. I use it all the time at the track to cool off the IC coolant and HE plus radiator and intake. It's one of the best features. I watch the MAT (not IAT) temp on my LT4 on the gauge and when it gets below 120 deg F I know I'm good. During the run I watch knock and MAT temps and a couple others and that's all I need to know that I'm not pulling timing due to heat.
forcefedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 07:58 AM   #82
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
So I jumped the gun as I've seen their efforts on getting the e85 to read, so its a matter of a future update that I can do at my home, no needing to send the gauge anywhere. This gauge just looks years ahead...

Regarding the speed and performance they instructions say its a rate of 20Hz I don't know if that's good or bad as I know my AEM X-series reads at 100Hz but AEM being the only one at those speed levels. No other gauge I've seen really promoting their speed. However real-world testing I've actually seen the gauge be a tad quicker than my cluster...

I'm in love with this gauge... just waiting patiently for E content and then I have every PiD i want to track...

Features I'm liking so far... High and Low warnings with a pop up yellow window very easy to read, also I can set up the color, way and style gauge I want and the usual Diagnostic reading and code clearing.
Did you have any luck reading boost?

'I'm not sure the banks has a formula built in to it to take HG and convert to psi..

Under pressure I've tried the following..

Boost/vacuum
absolute manifold pressure
MAP sensor pressures

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:26 AM   #83
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post

'I'm not sure the banks has a formula built in to it to take HG and convert to psi..

Boost/vacuum
MAP sensor pressures
No problem reading boost on my iDash...
Old 07-05-2021, 08:45 AM   #84
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post

Boost/vacuum
MAP sensor pressures
Did you set up “GM” after you installed the gauge?
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=49