Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-23-2018, 07:48 PM   #29
steelheadrob
Tactical Garage

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedan08 View Post
Impressive start. Nice work on the build.
Thanks
steelheadrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:56 PM   #30
steelheadrob
Tactical Garage

Been dealing with some coolant fan issues. First it was going full blast as soon as I started the car, stayed on the entire time I was driving, almost like it thought the car was overheating but temp gauge never got over 160. As I was trying to track down the problem, the fan stop working at all. Then the next time I started the car everything worked fine. I ordered a new coolant temp sensor hopefully that does the trick. I don't think it is related to the whipple. Had my dyno scheduled for 4/25 but had to cancel it, until I get the coolant fan issue figured out.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:43 PM   #31
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Please keep posting.

I've got one on order from the Weapon-X group buy, so I'll be learning from your experience.
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:48 AM   #32
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheadrob View Post
Been dealing with some coolant fan issues. First it was going full blast as soon as I started the car, stayed on the entire time I was driving, almost like it thought the car was overheating but temp gauge never got over 160. As I was trying to track down the problem, the fan stop working at all. Then the next time I started the car everything worked fine. I ordered a new coolant temp sensor hopefully that does the trick. I don't think it is related to the whipple. Had my dyno scheduled for 4/25 but had to cancel it, until I get the coolant fan issue figured out.
Mine did the same thing
After a couple heat cycles, it was back to normal.
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #33
steelheadrob
Tactical Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
Mine did the same thing
After a couple heat cycles, it was back to normal.
Was yours throwing any DTC codes? I have seen multiple codes related to coolant temp sensor, coolant fan and air intake sensor. Even last time I started it when the fan seem to be working it still threw a coolant temp sensor and air intake sensor code, no check engine light this last time but did get the codes.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:19 PM   #34
Jhunsberger

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6 (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
Please keep posting.

I've got one on order from the Weapon-X group buy, so I'll be learning from your experience.
Same here! My LT4 HPFP and Injectors got delivered today. Just need the whipple!
Jhunsberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:06 PM   #35
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
No codes, even when I test drove it.
How ever I ran the stock MAP till tune and dyno.
After that I got ALL kinds of codes.
That shop was just learning how to tune.
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:37 PM   #36
steelheadrob
Tactical Garage

I installed a new coolant temp sensor tonight. First start after installing new sensor coolant fan came on full blast. Shut it down cleared all codes. Restarted it drove it for 15 minutes including a couple full throttle bursts up to 90mph or so. Everything was working fine. I will drive it to work tomorrow about 25 miles from home. If everything continues to work fine I will get trying to get it into the dyno this week.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:54 AM   #37
Jhunsberger

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6 (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheadrob View Post
I installed a new coolant temp sensor tonight. First start after installing new sensor coolant fan came on full blast. Shut it down cleared all codes. Restarted it drove it for 15 minutes including a couple full throttle bursts up to 90mph or so. Everything was working fine. I will drive it to work tomorrow about 25 miles from home. If everything continues to work fine I will get trying to get it into the dyno this week.
Hope all goes well! I am excited to see and hear your results.
Jhunsberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:16 PM   #38
steelheadrob
Tactical Garage

Got to the dyno this week. Whipple Supercharger with canned tune provided by Whipple, rest is completely stock. Still dealing with an intermittent temp sensor / coolant fan issue. IAT were higher than I wanted for the dyno. Think it was pulling power and I was giving up some HP. Currently +145 HP and +155 TQ over stock on same dyno. Current boost is 7psi. Room to grow.

Here is a video:

Old 04-28-2018, 07:16 PM   #39
steelheadrob
Tactical Garage

Been getting a P0128 DTC Thermostat Code - which means the coolant temperature is not getting hot enough fast enough. Which causes the car to going into some kind of safety mode, it pins the coolant temp to 160 degrees, makes the coolant fan turn to full blast and shuts down the AC. As soon as I clear the code everything goes back to normal.

Decided to switch back to the 194 degree factory thermostat and reset the coolant fan related tune back to stock. Idled the car for about 30 minutes after the switch back to stock then drove it for 50 miles or so. No codes. Sending Whipple a email, either the thermostat is the problem or the tune they provided.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:50 PM   #40
steelheadrob
Tactical Garage

First Friday night drags of the year are this Friday 5/11/18. If the weather holds out I am planning on going to see what it will do with the Whipple, Whipple Canned Tune and drag radials.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #41
steelheadrob
Tactical Garage

Drag radials are on. Heading to the track for the first time with the Whipple tonight. DA is forecasted to be 3,400, not great but at least I will get a feel for the Whipple on the Track.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #42
steelheadrob
Tactical Garage

First day at the track with the Whipple Supercharger installed. Pretty impressed DA over 4,000 consistently in the low 11s. Whipple, canned Whipple tune & Drag Radials everything else stock. Should be in the 10s if I can get some decent air.

Check out the Track Day video:

Attached Images