Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-02-2020, 01:19 PM   #1
UFDUB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Low side fueling

Any one find an in-tank solution for fueling, specifically for people who like to go to track days? The side to side motions make DSX or other add-on solutions less than ideal for track work. Anyone figure out anything? Or find a fuel cell with surge tank? Or add on surge/bucket? Or better pick up? Anyone tried or heard about using what the ZR1 uses for fueling on the low side?
UFDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:06 PM   #2
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Call me old school.....I just fill up the tank everytime I go out!
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:27 PM   #3
UFDUB

I realize I should clarify.

If you want to add performance parts, low side can run out quickly in the turns on a track due to fuel movement. DSX or similar aren’t a viable choice for this.

Not aware of any good solutions, so I was asking if anyone knew of one.

Anyone get Fore to work? Other drop in? Fuel cell with surge? Better pick up (like a mat)? Some other solution? ZR1 pump maybe?
Old 08-02-2020, 07:37 PM   #4
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFDUB View Post

If you want to add performance parts, low side can run out quickly in the turns on a track due to fuel movement. DSX or similar aren’t a viable choice for this.

Anyone get Fore to work? Other drop in? Fuel cell with surge? Better pick up (like a mat)? Some other solution? ZR1 pump maybe?

I hear you, understood what you were talking about! Like I said, fill up the tank everytime you go out for a track session and you don't have to worry about adding some aftermarket part to the fuel system. I don't think there is any other viable solution. But I am sure others "in the know" will chime in!
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:14 PM   #5
Og Neon
Lover of Speed

Drives: 2018 ZLE
I don't think that is an issue with this car. I thought we had dual pickups for just that purpose but I may be wrong. But coming from another platform (Evo) that needed it, I have not heard of fuel starvation issues to include myself who have ran it pretty low.

2021 One Lap of America Track Videos
2019 One Lap of America Track Videos
2017 One Lap of America Track Videos

2022 Ram TRX
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
2020 Range Rover Sport SVR (Sold)
2014 Grand Cherokee SRT (Sold)
2014 Camaro Z/28 (Sold)
Og Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:25 PM   #6
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
If you want a serious cell, pumps and surge tank solution for hardcore racing, you could go all out with something like this. If you go big power you'll also need a pump at the rail or cam, and big injectors...

http://www.radiumauto.com/FCST-Fuel-...ank-P1497.aspx
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:56 AM   #7
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:

How many laps are you doing at a time? The best option is to keep the tank full. After market dual in tank pumps are usually too big to have a bucket (Fore). Without a bucket you will starve with a low tank and G's in any direction really.

Squash pumps for the 5gen still retain a bucket but they don't have a kit out for the 6gen just yet. I just asked if he had any plans to come out with a kit.

How much power are you making?
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:01 PM   #8
swisstyphoon
Former GM Technician

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 06 Silverado Duramax
I wonder if you could modify the fuel pick up for the DSX kit, to pick up the fuel from the bucket.
Rotofab Big Gulp, Nick Williams 103, Magnuson 2650, 9.17" (14%) lower, 90mm upper, Vengeance Racing Heads (LME) Cam Package (Cammotion Stage 1), Johnson Lifters, JMS Voltage Booster, Lingenfelter high flow check valve, BBK shorty headers, Custom 2.75" down pipes, Gesi Gen2 high flow cats, MM catch can 791whp, 772ft-lbs SAE
Just added 30% XDI Injectors, LPE big bore hpfp, Flex fuel.
Elite tuning, results coming soon.

2006 Silverado Duramax Diesel
MPI Compound Turbo
40% over Injectors
Efi Live DSP5 Tuning

Follow me on Instagram: Swisstyphoon1980
swisstyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 02:22 PM   #9
SFV1LE

You already asked this and should have added this, a Holley Hydramat could solve this. I dont know about the pumps in the Fore kit but you can get adapters for many pumps that allow you to connect a -6 AN fitting for connection to a Hydramat. I did this in my Evo X using a Walbro pump.

If this is feasible, it's a simple solution that could use all existing parts and fix issue for less than other options.

These are actually very hard to find and this might not work because pump/sock is located close to bottom of tank for obvious reasons, unless you angle one or both pumps away from housing for clearance. Radium stopped making their better solution.

https://www.ebay.com/p/888791109

Last edited by SFV1LE; 08-04-2020 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:18 PM   #10
swisstyphoon
Former GM Technician

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 06 Silverado Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
You already asked this and should have added this, a Holley Hydramat could solve this. I dont know about the pumps in the Fore kit but you can get adapters for many pumps that allow you to connect a -6 AN fitting for connection to a Hydramat. I did this in my Evo X using a Walbro pump.

If this is feasible, it's a simple solution that could use all existing parts and fix issue for less than other options.

These are actually very hard to find and this might not work because pump/sock is located close to bottom of tank for obvious reasons, unless you angle one or both pumps away from housing for clearance. Radium stopped making their better solution.

https://www.ebay.com/p/888791109
Thanks, but I don't remember asking this ever before.
Rotofab Big Gulp, Nick Williams 103, Magnuson 2650, 9.17" (14%) lower, 90mm upper, Vengeance Racing Heads (LME) Cam Package (Cammotion Stage 1), Johnson Lifters, JMS Voltage Booster, Lingenfelter high flow check valve, BBK shorty headers, Custom 2.75" down pipes, Gesi Gen2 high flow cats, MM catch can 791whp, 772ft-lbs SAE
Just added 30% XDI Injectors, LPE big bore hpfp, Flex fuel.
Elite tuning, results coming soon.

2006 Silverado Duramax Diesel
MPI Compound Turbo
40% over Injectors
Efi Live DSP5 Tuning

Follow me on Instagram: Swisstyphoon1980
swisstyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:04 PM   #11
SFV1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisstyphoon View Post
Thanks, but I don't remember asking this ever before.
I meant the OP UFDUB, he asked this: "Better pick up (like a mat)?"
Old 08-04-2020, 05:20 PM   #12
UFDUB

The mat would help solve starvation issues, but still does not address overall low side fuel supply. That’s why I am asking if anyone has come across or devised a comprehensive solution to address fuel pick up and supply for a higher horsepower application for road course use.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:29 PM   #13
SFV1LE

Quote:
The mat would help solve starvation issues, but still does not address overall low side fuel supply. That’s why I am asking if anyone has come across or devised a comprehensive solution to address fuel pick up and supply for a higher horsepower application for road course use.
As I mentioned before, a fuel cell with integrated FCST like this would be the comprehensive solution for everything going to the engine bay, and then you might need injectors and another pump at the engine, or just a cam:

Last edited by SFV1LE; 08-04-2020 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:39 PM   #14
UFDUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
As I mentioned before, a fuel cell with integrated FCST like this would be the comprehensive solution for everything going to the engine bay, and then you might need injectors and another pump at the engine, or just a cam:

I saw your suggestion and appreciate it. Have you seen or known anyone to have done this and created a successful solution? Any links to their build?