Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-02-2020, 06:13 AM   #15
pavetim

Drives: firebird
Did some playing today as i just found out you can deactivate AFM is you use manual shiting. Well in the highway in V8 mode all the time it shudders a tiny bit but when you go back and let AFM do its thing it does it alot and bad so i think i have an AFM problem. I will get the trans fluid flushed by dealer anyways and then bring this up if it contunues which it probably will
pavetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:22 AM   #16
Dagstar

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavetim View Post
Did some playing today as i just found out you can deactivate AFM is you use manual shiting. Well in the highway in V8 mode all the time it shudders a tiny bit but when you go back and let AFM do its thing it does it alot and bad so i think i have an AFM problem. I will get the trans fluid flushed by dealer anyways and then bring this up if it contunues which it probably will
No question it's the A8 shudder. It's well documented. Have the dealership do the fluid change and if it continues they should replace the TC. Mine has gone strong since servicing (fluid only) for about 10k miles, but it's getting tuned out tomorrow.
Dagstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 02:50 PM   #17
RWT

Drives: 2020 Camaro RS
I would lean towards A8 TC shudder as your issue.

I would recommend you take it to the dealer and tell them you are experiencing the TC shudder and request they perform the 18-NA-355 TSB. Do not mention your AFM suspicions or belief as they may use it as a reason to deny the transmission flush/fill. Additionally, any complaint of an AFM issue would have to replicated and confirmed by a tech (another opportunity to deny). The TSB for the shudder just requires consumer complaint without diagnostic confirmation (July 08, 2019 update).

Get the flush completed first, drive at least 200 miles after, and see if it's gone. If not, then take it back and see if they will replace the TC. Don't mention your AFM beliefs until after you have exhausted all TC shudder repair opportunities.

I recommend this because other owners have had issues/problems getting the flush/fill done because they gave the dealership the opportunity to deny it by offering conflicting/unclear statements.

JMHO
No expertise implied or expressed

2020 Camaro RS, V6, 6MT, Satin Steel
2020 Silverado, 5.3L CC, RST, Z71, Shadow Gray
2019 Equinox LS, 1.5L Turbo, Nightfall Gray Metallic
RWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:39 AM   #18
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
It's definitely the TC shudder. Just bought a 2017, had the issue, searched here and found some people blaming it on AFM. Dealer quickly diagnosed and fixed it free of charge. They had to drain and fill the tranny fluid twice. Problem happened anytime I would apply light throttle. Was very bad on the highway, felt like I was hitting the rumble strips sometimes. Go get your fluid changed and you'll be set.
Exactly. The new flush worked for me as well
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote