Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 02-21-2023, 07:33 PM   #1
uri_herrera

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 2016
Help troubleshooting wrong barometric pressure

Hi.

Recently I've been having problems with my 2016 Camaro SS, one of these problems has been that the ECU seems to think that I'm at a different altitude and seems to be misreading the barometric pressure.

I'm at 7404.85 ft (or 2257 m) above sea level; the pressure is between 11.20 and 11.30 psi. However, the ECU keeps reading 14.36 psi.

Using an OBD2 scanner, I've searched on Google for the DTC P2227, but while the results talk about a "barometric pressure sensor," most seem to refer to the MAP, but I've already gone through three different MAP sensors, and the code does not go away.

Because of this, I also get another DTC, P00C7. Although the ECU displays these codes, the engine seems "fine" even if (as I understand) it's running lean.

I have yet to find concrete information about what sensor is supposed to be the problem. Some posts mention that the MAF contains this sensor; however, I've replaced it, and the code doesn't disappear.

I don't know if, for the sixth-gen Camaros, GM embedded that particular sensor in the ECU; if it is, I'd need to replace it. Or can it be recalibrated somehow?

On the other hand, I get the correct readings for ambient temperature, air flow rate, and intake temperature.

Thanks.
Attached Images

uri_herrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 06:18 PM   #2
SSgtSS1LE

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Name:  Barometric Sensor Description.JPG
Views: 383
Size:  42.3 KB

Name:  Engine Bay Component Locations.JPG
Views: 501
Size:  244.5 KB