Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-16-2020, 04:46 PM   #1
Shookem

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Can’t wait to catch hell for this question.

Brand new to forced induction. So I’m looking at Procharger kits. What is the difference of a standard kit and a tuner kit?
Shookem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:06 PM   #2
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
-"Standard kit " comes with a software file / tune (AKA "Canned Tune") from the SC kit provider (I.E. Procharger).

-"Tuner kit" requires the customer to go to a tuner and have the ECM tuned on a dyno and/or on the street, while logging the data and then having the tuner perform the necessary corrections. This is done with tuning Software Suites, the likes of HP Tuners, EFI Live, Etc.

Getting the ECM tuned by a professional tuner, usually brings about much better results and should be the way to go.
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 06:16 PM   #3
Shookem

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
-"Standard kit " comes with a software file / tune (AKA "Canned Tune") from the SC kit provider (I.E. Procharger).

-"Tuner kit" requires the customer to go to a tuner and have the ECM tuned on a dyno and/or on the street, while logging the data and then having the tuner perform the necessary corrections. This is done with tuning Software Suites, the likes of HP Tuners, EFI Live, Etc.

Getting the ECM tuned by a professional tuner, usually brings about much better results and should be the way to go.
Thank you very much!
Shookem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:50 AM   #4
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
Get a custom tune for sure. While you’re at it, install headers too. This will be all you need to make good power. After that upgrade the fuel system to an LT4 pump and injectors. 600+ to the wheels with ease.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:47 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shookem View Post
Brand new to forced induction. So I’m looking at Procharger kits. What is the difference of a standard kit and a tuner kit?
Be glad to offer you a Procharger system with the best options, HPtuners custom tuning solution and remote JRE custom tune.

Don't fall for the price trap and not get what you really need.

Give me a call 203-753-7223
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote