Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 03-06-2016, 08:41 AM   #1
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
DONE

DONE

Last edited by YellowL99; 12-13-2018 at 10:44 AM.
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:54 AM   #2
YellowL99

DONE

Last edited by YellowL99; 12-13-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #3
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Good job. Nice car. That A8 really rips off the upshift in your vid.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:28 AM   #4
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
That really blows my mind. There shouldn't have been any need for ANY sort of modification for the parts we get. It makes me question it and avoid the parts that do. Kooks did rush the hell out of this product though... Something I really wouldn't have expected from a Kooks as they are legit.

Did you have any CEL problems at all after install? Oh and, what exactly took forever for the install, lol? The under carriage / chassis being so damn protected and not allowing easy access to the headers? Just curious!
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:36 AM   #5
YellowL99

DONE

Old 03-06-2016, 09:49 AM   #6
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabreu09 View Post
no check engine light at all after install, running like a champ. there was so much room to work with in the 5th gen but the 6gen is so damn cramped. had to take the aluminum shield down and disconnect the battery to remove the starter to put both headers in. even the oil dipstick tube is a b**ch to get out. its SUPER tight in there lol

and i agree, kooks did release these quicker than i expected. there was literally not even a hair thickness of space between the header and crossmember. couldnt even have a playing card go between them without getting stuck.
Thank you for the quick reply! I assumed room is the issue thus takes much longer for headers install.

If you want headers, you pretty much only had Kooks to go with atm. I think it was ballsy of you to get it since they rushed it lol. Glad IdealG is smart and skillful enough to make it work but all in all, he shouldn't have had to.
Build thread HERE!
Old 03-06-2016, 09:53 AM   #7
bobshannon22

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
My car is actually at kooks now as they are fabbing up the cat back and seeing the figment on another car.
I should have it back in a week or so. I'll post updated when I get it
Old 03-06-2016, 09:58 AM   #8
YellowL99

DONE

Old 03-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #9
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
it was a stupid issue for me to have with kooks but screw it i wanted it done asap and im so over with this waiting game. any part i want for this car i have to wait weeks for whether its my intake, wheels,splitter etc. so i wasnt ready to send these headers back. luckily for me IdealG is known for his hard work and honesty in the camaro5 community so i knew he'd try his best. but through all this bull, i couldnt be any happier right now lol
Haha, I completely understand! I have gone deep in the detailing aspect as I've never been. I blame Glen and SSport16 for that. I would much rather wrench and drive. But can't do that.... So yeah.

You doing headers reminds me... Did you happen to get rid of your stock tri-y's or keeping them? I'd be more than HAPPY to grab them out of hands!!!
Build thread HERE!
Old 03-06-2016, 10:19 AM   #10
YellowL99

DONE

Old 03-06-2016, 10:28 AM   #11
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
still have them at his shop, picking them up once my CAI intake comes in. dont you already have them? lol
Alright, I do have them on the car. My goal is to grab another stock set so I send em out to get ported and coated then replace my stockers. I could just send my stockers but I do not want ANY downtime at all waiting for stockers to get ported & coated.

I did the same thing with TB and IM. I just bought another set of TB and IM from a guy over at the corvette forums who had TB and IM off of his 2015 c7 with 100 miles on em, sent em to get ported and while I was actually driving my car and when they arrived, Kracka and I just put them on in 30 minutes haha.

I have been contacting a lot of shops because they just toss away their stock exhaust stuff for free unless the customer wants it... I am just being impatient as I already have "reserved" a set of stock headers from a shop for shipping costs and a 24 pack of beer lol.
Build thread HERE!
Old 03-06-2016, 10:46 AM   #12
neal_zack

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
awesome pics man
Old 03-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #13
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Op really interesting no CELs. Let us know if you see any.

Are you going to check the AF to see even if a tune is needed to keep things safe? Or just go right to a tune?

No sense causing posible warranty problems for just a couple of HP. I am not a warranty fanatic, but after GM buying back my ZL1 I am a little more nervous than before.

+1 for Jerry@IdealG. I did all my 5th gen LTs. But if I do this to my SS I will take it to Jerry.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:20 PM   #14
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Alright, I do have them on the car. My goal is to grab another stock set so I send em out to get ported and coated then replace my stockers. I could just send my stockers but I do not want ANY downtime at all waiting for stockers to get ported & coated.

I did the same thing with TB and IM. I just bought another set of TB and IM from a guy over at the corvette forums who had TB and IM off of his 2015 c7 with 100 miles on em, sent em to get ported and while I was actually driving my car and when they arrived, Kracka and I just put them on in 30 minutes haha.

I have been contacting a lot of shops because they just toss away their stock exhaust stuff for free unless the customer wants it... I am just being impatient as I already have "reserved" a set of stock headers from a shop for shipping costs and a 24 pack of beer lol.
Let us know how all the porting turns out. Will you be doing a CAI too?