Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-24-2024, 06:35 PM   #1
w123luke

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
2016 SS Needs new injectors which ones to get?

As the tittles says I think I need new fuel injectors on my car. On my first start of the day the car idles kinda rough as the RPMS start to drop and then about 5-10 minutes later its smooth. Anyways with all that said, the car is my DD and I plan to just do the work myself. I would take it to the dealer but I enjoy working on my car myself and plus I'd rather get it fixed in an afternoon rather than taking it to my dealer that's 40 minutes away then waiting over a day. Anyways looking around it seems there are two main types of injectors GM used on these cars for some odd reason and I don't know which one I need. On rock autos website there are the ACDelco Low Flow and Nominal Flow options. Does it matter which one I got if I plan to replace all 8 injectors? I'd rather not have to open it up to check because then my cars down and out until I get the replacement parts in. Thanks in advanced to anyone who can offer any advice!
Attached Images

w123luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 01:35 PM   #2
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
This has been discussed on the HP Tuners forum and they said that the 'nominal' injectors flow just slightly more that normal and they group them together that way. One Camaro owner said they were in his 2017 SS, one of the active tuners on the forum said they are mostly used in L83 and L86 trucks and SUV's but sometimes in the LT1. The problem for you is if you get the wrong ones, the flow data in the ecm wont match the injectors and will cause issues. So you better pull it apart first.
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 01:46 PM   #3
18.2SS.1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
How do you know the injectors need to be replaced? The fuel lines you remove are also one time use.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:25 AM   #4
w123luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18.2SS.1LE View Post
How do you know the injectors need to be replaced? The fuel lines you remove are also one time use.
When I was looking up the issues I was having I found similar threads on this forum about it. The solution for them was the injectors. I'm at 80k miles now and I figured that there is a good chance I'm having the same issue. Also I'm already aware about the fuel lines being one time use. I already have replacement ones added to my cart. Thank you though!
Old 02-27-2024, 09:27 AM   #5
w123luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by easttxss View Post
This has been discussed on the HP Tuners forum and they said that the 'nominal' injectors flow just slightly more that normal and they group them together that way. One Camaro owner said they were in his 2017 SS, one of the active tuners on the forum said they are mostly used in L83 and L86 trucks and SUV's but sometimes in the LT1. The problem for you is if you get the wrong ones, the flow data in the ecm wont match the injectors and will cause issues. So you better pull it apart first.
Well that kinda sucks haha. Okay well, before I do that do you think if I called the dealership and gave them my vin they could tell me which my car has? I wonder why GM seemingly just at random threw what ever type of injectors they had lying around for the LT1.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:39 AM   #6
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by w123luke View Post
Well that kinda sucks haha. Okay well, before I do that do you think if I called the dealership and gave them my vin they could tell me which my car has? I wonder why GM seemingly just at random threw what ever type of injectors they had lying around for the LT1.
I can't answer that one. But I looked mine up by VIN on a GM parts site and it offers 3 types.
12710476 > 19420317 low
19420316 nominal
12710477 > 12720122 high
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer

Last edited by easttxss; 02-27-2024 at 11:59 AM.
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emissions, fuel injectors, rough idle