Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-20-2024, 06:08 PM   #1
Phantom.LT1

Drives: Chevy Camaro LT1
416 stroker

Hello everyone,

Just got my car and will be modding it in about a year. Currently enjoying the car as it is. Honestly it’s pretty much perfect the way it is BUT I want to mod it of course. I want to go the route of stroking it to a 416ci. I’ve been doing google research and having trouble learning what’s exactly needed. Can anyone help me out? And yes I am waiting a year mainly because of an agreement with the wife but also I’m new to learning about cars on the level of modifications and want to do some studying first. Thank you in advance
Phantom.LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 06:16 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom.LT1 View Post
Hello everyone,

Just got my car and will be modding it in about a year. Currently enjoying the car as it is. Honestly it’s pretty much perfect the way it is BUT I want to mod it of course. I want to go the route of stroking it to a 416ci. I’ve been doing google research and having trouble learning what’s exactly needed. Can anyone help me out? And yes I am waiting a year mainly because of an agreement with the wife but also I’m new to learning about cars on the level of modifications and want to do some studying first. Thank you in advance
416 is mostly a standard bore LT1/4 that has the stroke increased to make the additional cubic inches of displacement. Check out Katech or LME for some ideas on what’s available for built shortblocks.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:58 AM   #3
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Before you tear into a nearly new engine to add cubic inches why not go FBO (Full bolt ons) first? Headers and a tune will give you a good power increase and to take advantage of the additional cubes you're probably going to need to do a cam, head work etc. Might as well do some of the external stuff first and you might decide there's no need to go into the bottom end. Also, are you auto trans or manual? I'm guessing you're not worried about your warranty.
Old 02-21-2024, 11:33 AM   #4
IndyZrider

Drives: 21 SHOCK ZL1 M6
What is the stock bottom end rated for?
IndyZrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 12:53 AM   #5
Phantom.LT1

Drives: Chevy Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
416 is mostly a standard bore LT1/4 that has the stroke increased to make the additional cubic inches of displacement. Check out Katech or LME for some ideas on what’s available for built shortblocks.
I do plan on doing bolt one first. I have an understanding of those things but just wanted more insight on what is needed to stroke the engine because that’s the end goal I want.
Phantom.LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 08:55 AM   #6
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom.LT1 View Post
I do plan on doing bolt one first. I have an understanding of those things but just wanted more insight on what is needed to stroke the engine because that’s the end goal I want.
Blower will make a lot more power than a stroked NA motor, so if you’re after big block style torque, get a Whipple or Maggie. Should satisfy your urge for more power without taking the whole motor apart.
Old 04-09-2024, 01:31 PM   #7
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
If I had ANY place within 100 miles to buy it, I'd jump all over the E-85 modification. Sounds like the biggest bang for the buck out there and not a complex thing to accomplish.
Wouldn't even have to tell the wife...
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
416, lt1 6.2l engine