Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

View Poll Results: Which dates can you make?
Sat. Dec 5th 23 62.16%
Sat. Dec 12th 19 51.35%
Can't make it 4 10.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2009, 12:24 AM   #57
Inferno2SSRS
Jim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Orange
Send a message via AIM to Inferno2SSRS
To Spaceballone, I have to work overtime this Saturday now until 230, and probably won't make it. If by any chance I can get out of work I'll a little early I'll fly down and meet up.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:38 AM   #58
SRFnSNO

Drives: Blown & Flamed
I hope to make it down in the morning.
I will have my 2 boys; 8 & 3 years of age.
Will see how it goes and how long I can stay.
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:43 AM   #59
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO View Post
To Spaceballone, thanks for trying to get the temperature up to 70 on sat. 12-5. As I told you, these kids didn,t ask to be in there condition and would love to be out no matter what the weather or temp. if they could, so the only thing that would stop me from being there would be death or bad health. These are only material things(Camaros), when they get "sick" we do all we can to make them better. If there were such a thing as trading it in for good health for these children, mine would be gone in a"Heartbeat". so spending a little money, and giving a little time to see one of G,ds greatest gifts in return,"a childs smile", that is such a small price to pay for something that is priceless. So, let,s go Cam 5, N.J., PA.,N.Y., DEL.,& anyone else, lets show these kids whats really important. The G-Man & Wife. See you Sat.
Great to hear G-Man. Yeah she told me that the visit will deff. brighten up the kids because they will love the extra attention. They don't get a ton of visitors but when they do it makes them happy so i am excited.

Inferno,Pazzo69 and DJsane720 - sorry you guys can't make it, but work is work and you got bills to pay lol. If anything changes (Inferno) just let me know i'll pm you my cell and if you want our 20 on the day of so you can meet up that is cool.

Pazzo69 - Makgirl is from SI i think, maybe she can be your mailman for the day, check with her.
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:44 AM   #60
Spaceballone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRFnSNO View Post
I hope to make it down in the morning.
I will have my 2 boys; 8 & 3 years of age.
Will see how it goes and how long I can stay.
np, thanks.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #61
jims69ss

Drives: 69 SS Camaro Azure Turquiose
Lowrie, i will probably meet you for breakfast......around 10:30
Jim
jims69ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #62
Spaceballone

Concerns

There have been concerns about the weather for Sat. It appears the weather man is letting me down. Friday (tomorrow) is supposed to be nice, Sunday really nice! Saturday Rain/Snow "are you kidding me???". I have taken a look at the hourly reports for Saturday, and it seems it will begin to lightly drizzle at 12PM and the temp will drop by 4PM and begin snowing (so they say). I need to know if all plan to still make it (sat) or if you (those coming) would like to make it on Sunday? Now that is not to say the weather takes a dump on Sunday to, but so far Sunday looks good. Let me know what you guys think, no matter what i want to get these gifts to these kids. Leave your thoughts. This way i can give the facility a heads up if plans change.

PS. Dec 12th seems to be thunderstorm / Rain.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #63
mjdodd1107
lifelong Camaro coveter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I can't make it Sunday (have an event @ 2pm) but if you are planning to meet around the same time as on Saturday I'll come by and drop off the toys my wife and I wish to donate.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:30 AM   #64
ArtfulDodger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 BLK/BLK,
I would prefer to go when the weather is good, so Sunday is looking better then Saturday. A black car in the rain, is a pain!

If we go early on Sunday, we could possibly hook up with the NY guys at the air strip.

BROOKLYNS FLOYD BENNET FIELD AIR STRIP MEET

Just a thought!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #65
Darqueling

Drives: 2SSRS Yellow w/ Blk BB Stripes
Doesn't matter to me but you should make a decision quickly and email it out to everyone. Don't leave it up to a vote or you'll never get an answer, it really comes down to if the hospital will let us change the day or not, its kinda a dick move to them if we do switch it because we are too afraid of our cars getting dirty instead of thinking about these kids... keep that in mind. If it is alright with them then I guess its a different story, but I am pretty sure we will look bad calling to say "Hey can we move it to the following day because it may rain and we don't want to get our Camaros dirty." That's my $0.02.

Edit: If it was just a standard meet then I would understand, but keep in mind this is a special meet and we are not car ogling much this time. Donno why I am getting fired up about this so I hope I do not offend anyone, but look at what we are meeting for this time... Seriously guys, its December, you are dreaming if you hope to get a perfect day when you schedule weeks in advance.
Darqueling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #66
Spaceballone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqueling View Post
Doesn't matter to me but you should make a decision quickly and email it out to everyone. Don't leave it up to a vote or you'll never get an answer, it really comes down to if the hospital will let us change the day or not, its kinda a dick move to them if we do switch it because we are too afraid of our cars getting dirty instead of thinking about these kids... keep that in mind. If it is alright with them then I guess its a different story, but I am pretty sure we will look bad calling to say "Hey can we move it to the following day because it may rain and we don't want to get our Camaros dirty." That's my $0.02.

Edit: If it was just a standard meet then I would understand, but keep in mind this is a special meet and we are not car ogling much this time. Donno why I am getting fired up about this so I hope I do not offend anyone, but look at what we are meeting for this time... Seriously guys, its December, you are dreaming if you hope to get a perfect day when you schedule weeks in advance.
Woah there TEX, people were just voicing concerns because you know how news people give the weather "It's going to be the Blizzard of 2009" lol. I just wanted to bring up the issue because people displayed concerns. I say we keep it on for Saturday and take one for the team. I mean i do not see Saturday being worse than Halloween. I think these weather people get it right 25% of the time anyway. Darq has a good point, this is for the kids and i won't mind giving my baby one more bath before the temps drop below 30. Remember they call for a light drizzle around 12 and snow around 4PM, we will be out of the facility by 2PM so it gives everyone enough time to get home before the snow flakes if any begin to fall. I mean if Canadians can whip them around in snow...no doubt we can in the little bit of snow flakes we get.

So i will say it is ON for THIS SATURDAY THE 5TH, I hope those committed to to this can see that this is bigger than our over protective ways (i can shelf mine for the day) and continue to support the cause. I will be at cracker barrel at my stated time and really hope to see you guys there.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #67
jims69ss

Drives: 69 SS Camaro Azure Turquiose
im in for tomorrow,
jims69ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #68
Spaceballone

I will also be wearing my favorite santa hat! Let's see you guys get creative. Wear your hats people
Old 12-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #69
TO
G-Man

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2LT RS VICT.RED
Smile

Hey Guys & Gals, I think I have a quick fix for the possible bad weather conditions. The main concern should be "safety". Most of us still have summer tires on,as these tires are very "sensitive" to cold & moisture, each of us, depending on where your coming from, check your weather report in the morning, if conditions are not favorable for these cars tires---(Simple Solution)--- Come out in your daily driver or contact someone coming from your area to car pool with. In reality, Sat. 12-5-09 is not about us or camaros, it,s about these children. I,ve been nursing a bad cold the last few days, my plan is to be there with gifts, however ,I may not get to see their smiles because it is not wise to be near them with a cold. P.S. I will also stay a distance from guys too-- LOL The G-MAN & WIFE.
TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #70
BoomerandBoozer

Drives: G35, had '87 & '93 Z28
I'm sorry to say that my kid has both a basketball and soccer game tomorrow, so I'm going to have to take a pass. Like a sleepy bear, I will come out to play again in the Spring. All have a safe and happy holiday.
BoomerandBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote