Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 06-30-2017, 08:38 AM   #1
LiqTenExp

Drives: 2017 ZL1
SCDA Car Control Clinic - Great Class!

I took an SCDA Car Control Clinic (CCC) @ Lime Rock in CT yesterday and it was a blast. It really let me figure out what all 10 or so traction/stability control settings really equal. I gained a lot of trust in the car, way more than I expected. The stability/eLSD on this car fight for your life to extremes I would have never imagined.

Skid pad:
It took full Track-Race mode to get it to let you drift around the wet skid pad. I started in Track-Wet mode we were doing over 60 mph @ .80G and it wasn't going to let you spin out if it had its way. The instructors had said do it in 2nd and we had to go down to first to really get it to kick the rear out of control. Once we turned everything off and went to 1st it was a blast. I couldn't do long duration drifts but the car was agile enough to snap it back into a drift and out with foot/wheel all the way around the coarse.

Autocross course:
The small butterfly road coarse they had you go on next was great. Relatively low/mid speed (stayed in 2nd) but had tons of turns, twists, inclinations/declination, and again the instructors were helpful. They were running 3-4 cars on it at at time. We had to wait till they were all in the last turn prior to letting the ZL1 loose. We'd catch up to them in a lap or so. The car was amazing. No overheating or issues, stayed at near idle range temps on this low speed course for water (190-200?) and a tick over 200F on oil.

I'd highly suggest this coarse to anyone wanting to learn how the car feels in under-steer and over-steer conditions, how the traction/stability controls really work/function, and really learn the car at low/mid speeds.

Next one is on August 14th: https://www.scdareg.com/events/scda-...ciation-832879

There is also sessions on the real track that I'm going to move up to with an instructor: https://www.scdareg.com/events/scda-...ciation-538964

http://www.scda1.com/wp-content/uplo...-Track-Map.pdf
Old 07-01-2017, 12:25 AM   #2
vangaurdtrooper

Drives: 2016 2SS 6MT
I was also in attendance but for the cross-over event. Will post videos shortly.

(2016 Grey 2SS)
vangaurdtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote