Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 02-01-2016, 11:39 PM   #1
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
Two VERY important things to ask when ordering

I've been noticing a lot of people with questions about placing orders and dealing with the less than helpful sales people at the dealerships. I felt this was something that a lot of people placing orders for the 1st time may not be aware of and are very important to making sure you're order is correct and going to be picked up by GM quickly.

The two absolutely most important things when placing an order are #1 Dealer having available Allocation, and #2 getting a copy of the "GM Order Workbench"

The first thing you should do when sitting down to place an order is to ask to speak with the Sales Manager that is in charge of placing orders in the system because 90% of the sales guys that walk up to you when you 1st walk in have no clue about placing orders, their job is to sell the cars already on the lot.

Once you are sitting down with the sales manager the first question should be when exactly will the allocation for you'er order be available. A dealer can accept and place an order in the system but if they do not have an allocation available from GM the order will just sit at 1100 status for weeks or even months until that dealers allocation comes up. Every sales manager knows exactly how many allocations they have available and if they tell you different they are lying.

Once you know for sure they have available allocation for you're order the next thing you should do is let them know that you want a copy of the "Order Workbench" before you leave. If they are not willing to give you a copy of the Order Workbench then tell them you are going to take you'er order somewhere else. There is no reason they should not be willing to give you a copy. There are two important reasons why you need a copy of the Order Workbench, the first is because it will have you're order # on it. The second is so you can double check that they put the order in right.

Mine was ordered with an automatic transmission but I wanted manual, was an easy fix because I saw it when reviewing the Order Workbench but if I didn't get to check the Order Workbench my Camaro would have arrived with an automatic transmission and I would have ether had to settle for an automatic or start a new order all over after I had already waited almost 2 months.

I can't say it enough available allocation and getting a copy of the Order Workbench is imperative when placing you're order!! Once you have a copy of the Order Workbench and know you're order is correct you can take you're order # and post here http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251 and ask Becky nicely for status updates to make sure you're order is moving along.

If I my order was stuck at 1100 for more than a week or two at most, I would be finding a new dealer. I personally suggest Becky, you won't find a better person to order from and you're order will go from 1100 to 2000 within a few days for sure.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:42 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Thank you! Much of What happens after "ordering" , depends on what you request and ask....

Here is what a workbench looks like....check to see it is in your name in case you need price protection for price increases. If it's in the dealer name, then any price increases gonna be passed on to you. The second thing is the code ...remember anything below code 2000 and Chevy doesn't know who you are.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:31 AM   #3
moonrider

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgiacalone View Post
You sir, need to find yourself a new dealer. If you go to a dealer with allocation you'll be at 2000 status within a week! Pull the plug on that place
I deleted my reply because I realized I don't need to hear this kind of stuff. I know I should of backed out a month ago, but whatever.

They will lie to you and keep telling you lies.
moonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:43 AM   #4
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
Yes you're right they can lie about having allocation but this is one of the important reasons for getting a copy of the Order Workbench. You can keep track of you're orders progress and if they did lie and you're order doesn't get picked up within a week you have the ability to then find a honest dealer to place you're order with.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:26 AM   #5
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Good information, thanks.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:14 AM   #6
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
yeah my local dealer would not provide me a order number or change my order to SRE.
Needless to say, I cancelled my order with them.

how do you take a deposit from someone and deny the customer the order number?

if i buy a $0.99 song from apple i get a order number. lol

Last edited by 6spdhyperblue; 02-10-2016 at 10:29 AM.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:04 PM   #7
VanillaCams

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Great information here, thanks for writing this up! I did ask my dealer about allocation and his response was "We have allocation for SOLD units...I had 3 placed this week" ... not sure what this means exactly though. Anyone in the know on the jargon able to clarify?
VanillaCams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:19 PM   #8
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCams View Post
Great information here, thanks for writing this up! I did ask my dealer about allocation and his response was "We have allocation for SOLD units...I had 3 placed this week" ... not sure what this means exactly though. Anyone in the know on the jargon able to clarify?
who knows what jargon they use...the ONLY question to ask is

"when will my order be matched to an allocation that you have?"
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:25 PM   #9
daytonagary

Drives: 1932 Ford 3 Window Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartem2 View Post
I've been noticing a lot of people with questions about placing orders and dealing with the less than helpful sales people at the dealerships. I felt this was something that a lot of people placing orders for the 1st time may not be aware of and are very important to making sure you're order is correct and going to be picked up by GM quickly.

The two absolutely most important things when placing an order are #1 Dealer having available Allocation, and #2 getting a copy of the "GM Order Workbench"

The first thing you should do when sitting down to place an order is to ask to speak with the Sales Manager that is in charge of placing orders in the system because 90% of the sales guys that walk up to you when you 1st walk in have no clue about placing orders, their job is to sell the cars already on the lot.

Once you are sitting down with the sales manager the first question should be when exactly will the allocation for you'er order be available. A dealer can accept and place an order in the system but if they do not have an allocation available from GM the order will just sit at 1100 status for weeks or even months until that dealers allocation comes up. Every sales manager knows exactly how many allocations they have available and if they tell you different they are lying.

Once you know for sure they have available allocation for you're order the next thing you should do is let them know that you want a copy of the "Order Workbench" before you leave. If they are not willing to give you a copy of the Order Workbench then tell them you are going to take you'er order somewhere else. There is no reason they should not be willing to give you a copy. There are two important reasons why you need a copy of the Order Workbench, the first is because it will have you're order # on it. The second is so you can double check that they put the order in right.

Mine was ordered with an automatic transmission but I wanted manual, was an easy fix because I saw it when reviewing the Order Workbench but if I didn't get to check the Order Workbench my Camaro would have arrived with an automatic transmission and I would have ether had to settle for an automatic or start a new order all over after I had already waited almost 2 months.

I can't say it enough available allocation and getting a copy of the Order Workbench is imperative when placing you're order!! Once you have a copy of the Order Workbench and know you're order is correct you can take you're order # and post here http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251 and ask Becky nicely for status updates to make sure you're order is moving along.

If I my order was stuck at 1100 for more than a week or two at most, I would be finding a new dealer. I personally suggest Becky, you won't find a better person to order from and you're order will go from 1100 to 2000 within a few days for sure.

Great information to put out there. Coming from ordering a C7 Corvette when allocation was low I learned this from the Corvette forum. With that info in mind I placed my order to an out of state dealer one morning in a 10 minute phone call since I knew exactly what I wanted to order and he met the price I wanted to pay under MSRP. He had me my workbench order emailed to me early that afternoon. I was then immediately able to follow the order all the way through. With allocation the order was accepted and at 2000 within 2 days. Even if you don't buy from Becky she will give you a report of exactly where your order is in the assembly plant.
daytonagary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:25 PM   #10
SkipNWis

Drives: 2016/SS Has had 4 Gen 5's
I will NEVER EVER NEVER EVER AGAIN order a CAR I will hunt for what I want off the LOT. I have Been told LIE after LIE after LIE. Then Constraints thats another matter. I ended up with wheels I realy didn't want and still didn't get MOVED???? :( It took all the fun and excitment out of the Process :(
SkipNWis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #11
ras2676

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
So, about the available allocation. Wouldn't a sales guy just lie about this? How would I know if they're telling the truth or not?
ras2676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #12
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras2676 View Post
So, about the available allocation. Wouldn't a sales guy just lie about this? How would I know if they're telling the truth or not?
Good question. You may have noticed there are a few salespeople in the Camaro and Corvette world who seem to collect repeat SRE customers, and it could be there is a reason, and the answer to your question would be one.

In other words, you need to trust your salesperson. That means finding one who can inspire your trust. Others have done it and you can too.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #13
daytonagary

Drives: 1932 Ford 3 Window Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipNWis View Post
I will NEVER EVER NEVER EVER AGAIN order a CAR I will hunt for what I want off the LOT. I have Been told LIE after LIE after LIE. Then Constraints thats another matter. I ended up with wheels I realy didn't want and still didn't get MOVED???? :( It took all the fun and excitment out of the Process :(
I have had nothing but perfect experiences ordering a car. I do my homework ahead of time so no way they can lie to me about anything. With Corvette I knew some dealers were getting no allocation at all so didn't take a chance on that. Just ordered from dealer I knew had plenty of allocation from seeing his sales record and advertising on Corvette forum, he proved it to me seeing the order to to 2000 in 2 days. NO problem. With almost any other car allocation isn't an issue at all. Would never buy just off the lot and end up with things I don't want on the car and paying for them or not having something I would have ordered. I get car and all options exactly how I want to order it. Get out the door price ok'd with salesman so I know there will be no dealer fee or other surprises when I pick it up. Order it. Pick it up 6 to 8 weeks later. Painless.
daytonagary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:20 PM   #14
SkipNWis

Drives: 2016/SS Has had 4 Gen 5's
^5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonagary View Post
I have had nothing but perfect experiences ordering a car. I do my homework ahead of time so no way they can lie to me about anything. With Corvette I knew some dealers were getting no allocation at all so didn't take a chance on that. Just ordered from dealer I knew had plenty of allocation from seeing his sales record and advertising on Corvette forum, he proved it to me seeing the order to to 2000 in 2 days. NO problem. With almost any other car allocation isn't an issue at all. Would never buy just off the lot and end up with things I don't want on the car and paying for them or not having something I would have ordered. I get car and all options exactly how I want to order it. Get out the door price ok'd with salesman so I know there will be no dealer fee or other surprises when I pick it up. Order it. Pick it up 6 to 8 weeks later. Painless.
Corvette=$65,000 to $100,000...... I'd guess that makes a big difference!!!!!
SkipNWis is offline   Reply With Quote