Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-16-2017, 01:00 PM   #1
trophy hunter

Drives: 2016 1SS - M6
Congratulations to our members at Packwood !

Just want to post a hearty "congratulations" to Ryan Otis, Mark Scroggs and Des Toups on their success at Packwood this weekend

Ryan basically killed the competition in CAM

Mark took 2nd in DS and if it weren't for a cone would have been .004 (four thousandths out of 1st - don't blink !) ......that's going to be some good competition to watch at Nationals

Des Toups also took 3rd in DS .......and thus, in my opinion, showing that the 2T 6th gen is a great contender for the class

Way to represent the 6h gen gentlemen !
trophy hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
JRL1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy hunter View Post
Just want to post a hearty "congratulations" to Ryan Otis, Mark Scroggs and Des Toups on their success at Packwood this weekend

Ryan basically killed the competition in CAM

Mark took 2nd in DS and if it weren't for a cone would have been .004 (four thousandths out of 1st - don't blink !) ......that's going to be some good competition to watch at Nationals

Des Toups also took 3rd in DS .......and thus, in my opinion, showing that the 2T 6th gen is a great contender for the class

Way to represent the 6h gen gentlemen !
Congrats great job guys!! Stacey Molleker also won Bump 1 Class in his FS 2016 Camaro
JRL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:48 PM   #3
conemark

Drives: Boost Coupe Stewie formerly '01 Z28
Congrats Mark & Des. Looking forward to seeing how the 2.0T fares in DS in Lincoln!
conemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:24 PM   #4
destoups

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Thanks! Mark is on the road but I know he would want me to share THIS.
destoups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:43 PM   #5
trophy hunter

Drives: 2016 1SS - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL1LE View Post
Congrats great job guys!! Stacey Molleker also won Bump 1 Class in his FS 2016 Camaro
My apologies, they didn't have the B1 combined class or the Super Challenge listed at the time of my original post. Thank you to JRL1LE and Des for the updates !

So, a well deserved congratulations to Stacey as well ! !
......but that was a shock to me to see that there were not more FS cars

Also, superb performance Mark on the Super Challenge ! !
..... will be interested to hear his thoughts on the day(s)
trophy hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:25 AM   #6
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Thanks! The car continues to be great, I was happy with my drive in the morning. Normally with that kind of lead at a ProSolo it's a bad idea to keep pushing hard because you only make life harder on yourself in the Challenge, but I was trying to get #1 qualifier. Unfortunately the plan backfired when I got #2 qualifier and a dial-in that was based on hero runs.

D'oh.

I was taking too many risks during the Super Challenge, trying to match my killer runs from the morning. Low .500 lights and wiggling cones, unfortunately I coned out in the second round, it was the only cone I'd hit all day.

Mark drove great as always. Congrats on the Super Challenge win!!!
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:58 PM   #7
race2win

Drives: 1LT 2.0T
Thanks everyone, it was incredible to finally win a Super Challenge!

My performance during class competition wasn't ideal...I continue to battle TPMS issues that do not allow me to shut off stability control (my fastest left side run was with stability control on). Sunday morning was a thrash to change tires and get the system to reset, unfortunately this left me without my usual course walks and my head was spinning right into competition runs. Plus, the courses were super-transitional with top speeds in the mid-50s...there was simply nowhere to exploit the Camaro's strengths.

That all being said, Brian had a killer drive on the right to take the lead when it mattered most, and because of that I pushed too hard on my last right-side run and got ice-mode very bad.

All in all a fantastic event...one I will remember forever!! Now I'm in a 3-way tie with 90-pts for the overall lead in the SCCA Pro Solo overall points championship, which will be decided in Lincoln on Sept. 2-3. And one of those I'm tied with just so happens to be the reigning D-Street National Champion Dennis Sparks in his Subaru WRX!
SCCA D-Street #49/149
stranoparts.com
Bridgestone Tires
race2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #8
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Congrats to both! Only a month (roughly) away till nationals! Should be exciting!

I'm interested in how DS shakes out this year for sure and what might be added to the class next year. Its a good mix of cars for sure, best class for that I think.
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote