Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-15-2016, 11:23 PM   #253

Drives: 1970 Vette,16 1SS, 07 Ford Taurus
I personally like having a car that everybody else doesn't own. I wish Chevy would make even less Camaros than they do. Hopefully Chevy makes less than 15,000 SS's for the 2016 model year. One of the main reasons I bought a srt4 back in 2004 was because of its limited production. I looked at buying a 2003 or 2004 Mach 1 or a slightly used last year SS which I think was a 2002 back then can't remember for sure but went the 4 cyl turbo route. I will be interested to know what the final production numbers for the 2016 MY camaros will be especially the SS's.
70454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:06 AM   #254
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
Please not another non 6gen owner talking about gen6 sales!! Give me a break, it's way to early to tell and this topic has been played out!!!
Old 02-16-2016, 05:17 AM   #255
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
December and January not usually big on sales for a 455HP monster

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:54 AM   #256
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
Right, the 2015 Mustang vs Camaro sales winner was decided in December last year. I too like rare car numbers for $$ value in re-sale.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:57 AM   #257
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
The three dealers in my area have at least one or two of the original shipment they received late last year. I find that odd and so do they after speaking with them.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:47 AM   #258
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Too early to tell, but no, they're not absolutely flying off the lots where I'm at.. But they are moving.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:49 AM   #259
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Middle of winter here in Ontario couldn't see this car or any sports/muscle car selling well this time of year in Canada!

Springs coming sales will go up and the more people find out how good it is the more it will sell not everyone reads magazines reviews ect!
2016 Camaro 2SS Summit built 3/28/16 delivered
2018 Camaro ZL1 cancelled by GM 😡
2019 Corvette 2lt Z51
2016SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:00 AM   #260
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Anyone know the spread compare to Camry, Civic, Accent or Elantra?

I'd hate to worry about my own car's worth by being outsold by those too.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:16 AM   #261
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
I really like the 6th gen , but it's styling it is not that dramatically different from the 5th gen. I work with some non-car people and they can't really tell the difference, they know its a new car but oddly familiar just maybe a refresh. Nothing that exciting to go run to the dealer lots for. When the 5th gen came out a lot of the same people were buying this because it seemed totally retro and exciting. It looked like a 69 which was cool but now so does the 2016. Chevy had such great success with 5th gen I think they were scared to change much. I agree with others it's too early to tell but I am surprised at the lack of hype.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:36 AM   #262
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Based on the price increase I suspect the Camaro won't routinely outsell the Mustang anymore. I feel like GM is ok with selling fewer cars at a higher price.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:36 AM   #263
doc212121

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS White/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
I really like the 6th gen , but it's styling it is not that dramatically different from the 5th gen. I work with some non-car people and they can't really tell the difference, they know its a new car but oddly familiar just maybe a refresh. Nothing that exciting to go run to the dealer lots for. When the 5th gen came out a lot of the same people were buying this because it seemed totally retro and exciting. It looked like a 69 which was cool but now so does the 2016. Chevy had such great success with 5th gen I think they were scared to change much. I agree with others it's too early to tell but I am surprised at the lack of hype.
You do realize the same "non car people? cant tell you the difference between a Silverado and a GMC, so their opinion is useless.
And the comparison of the 5th Gen launch to 6th Gen again is useless, the Camaro had been out of production for EIGHT years, fairly sure their might be a bit more excitement there friend since no one bought a new Camaro since 2002.
The fact that you then state the car didn't change much makes me think you haven't been inside the car or driven both a 5th gen and 6th gen. Its extremely different to a real "car guy". BTW, I see you have a 2017 Blue Auto ZL1, tells us about it....lol
These repetitive posts should all be deleted, more non 6th Gen owners with speculation, asking repetitive useless questions wasting their day away,the forum is full of them now.....
doc212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:55 AM   #264
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc212121 View Post
You do realize the same "non car people? cant tell you the difference between a Silverado and a GMC, so their opinion is useless.
And the comparison of the 5th Gen launch to 6th Gen again is useless, the Camaro had been out of production for EIGHT years, fairly sure their might be a bit more excitement there friend since no one bought a new Camaro since 2002.
The fact that you then state the car didn't change much makes me think you haven't been inside the car or driven both a 5th gen and 6th gen. Its extremely different to a real "car guy". BTW, I see you have a 2017 Blue Auto ZL1, tells us about it....lol
These repetitive posts should all be deleted, more non 6th Gen owners with speculation, asking repetitive useless questions wasting their day away,the forum is full of them now.....
You do realize that those "useless non car people" make up probably an easy 75-85% of the Camaro sales, right? Enthusiasts make up a very small portion of overall sales.

If sales of the Camaro were limited to just "car people"/ "Camaro enthusiasts"/"car guys"...the Camaro would be dead by the 2018 MY due to lack of sales volume. Being on these forums skews the perception of the Camaros target audience and sales success since everyone here is a "car person" and is either a Camaro enthusiast, a car enthusiast or is at least interested in a Camaro. People here can spot the exact differences between Cyber Gray Metallic, Ashen Gray Metallic and Nightfall Gray Metallic and how the 2010, 2011 and 2012 interiors are all different.

To the average person, who is who the Camaro must be a success and capture their attention, all they see is the bowtie and the "Camaro" name badge...that's it really..and to them the 5th and 6th Gens really don't look that different.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:18 AM   #265
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I haven't even seen a Camaro commercial yet. it is just out of the gate, can we wait until turn 1 at least?

Mustang still looks like a Mustang
Porsche still looks like a Porsche
Corvette still looks like a Corvette
Challenger still looks like an original Challenger

oh oh...but the prius looks a lot different, Ima go buy one a dem.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:22 AM   #266
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc212121 View Post
A little harsh? Overly sensitive? Simple fact, if GM sold Camaro's to only "car guys" then they would not make a Camaro because there is not enough of us to justify the manufacturing sinvestment. See the death of the Gen4. The car was not appealing enough to the general public even though they sold very well to the Camaro faithful.

20% of folks will buy a Camaro because they are Camaro guys. 20% will buy a Ford because they are Ford guys. The 60% in the middle want a nice looking sports coupe they can afford and works with their lifestyle. Make no mistake, GM is extremely concerned about the "non car guys" opinion as it make up most of the market and will only grow as less and less people maintain their own cars or don't use them for anything other than general transportation.

I like the 6GEN and as a "car guy", I can appreciate the advancements in the car over the 5GEN. HOWEVER, my daughter and son who just graduated college bought new cars at the end of last year and both got GEN5s because it was cheaper and unless they were sitting next to each other, could not tell the difference between the two generation of cars. Believe it or not, that is 60% of your market. and the target demo for the Camaro. How else can you explain a V6 or T4 in the Camaro? Must be a lot of "non car guys" in the demographic they are targeting. Ford did the same thing by putting the ECO Boost in the Mustang.

If I can go into a dealer as a "non car guy" and get a hell of a deal on a Gen5 versus paying MSRP on a Gen6....that's what I am going to do. This will all fix itself when all the Gen5s are gone and the only thing left on the lot moving forward is Gen6's. The Gen5's did not have an outgoing model to contend with at launch.

No one is saying that GM did not make a great car. It is just not different enough for the "non car guy" buyer to pay that much more for when Gen5s are still readily available.

And I agree, comparing launch number Gen5 versus Gen6 is not fair to the Gen6 do to the vacuum the Gen5 filled when it came back into the market.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote