Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-11-2016, 11:26 AM   #1
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Pulling the trigger in the next week, options to look out for?

My Target car is a 1LT, black inside and out, RS, A8.

I'm not opposed to a 2LT, but I feel like i'd be paying for a lot of extra electronic features that I wont use.

That being said, is there anything in particular option-wise that anyone thinks would be sorely missed on a bare-bones (cept the RS pkg) 1LT? I'm in SoCal so I have no need for heated seats, hell, even AC isn't necessary.

I'm coming from a 4th gen camaro (z28), so I'm not sure how necessary the backup camera options are etc. Did anyone get any particular non-eye-candy options? I was looking at the heavy duty brake and cooling option for 485 but I think that has a late-availability for it.

I know i'll be stuck with whatever has already been ordered since i'm not going to wait 2 months for GM to build one for me. But i'm curious if I should be keeping my eye out for a particular creature feature.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:40 AM   #2
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
they all come with backup cameras
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:53 AM   #3
cellsafemode

I thought backup camera would be considered "rear park assist" which is not an available option for 1LT cars.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:00 PM   #4
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
Nope "rear park assist" are detectors that give a warning when getting to close to an object or wall. Back up cameras are a federal regulation on all cars thees days.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:00 PM   #5
Corona

Drives: 2015 Malibu
Rear park assist, correct me if I'm wrong, is the sensors they put in the rear bumper. So when you back up and you are close to an object it starts beeping.
2015 Chevrolet Malibu
Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:07 PM   #6
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
As for options it sounds like 1LT w/ RS package would suit you're needs just fine, if you're looking for a hot ride at a great price you can't go wrong with that. The extra heating and cooling option I don't think will be missed on a V6 anyway so I wouldn't be to concerned with it, tho I did get it with mine, and I do like the Brimbos
Old 02-11-2016, 12:32 PM   #7
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
You should be able to get supplier pricing and that should allow you to pick more options or pay less (whatever's important to you). Every dealer that I spoke to agreed to that and then I just picked the one who had allocation. Make sure when you're ordering it that there are no constraints on any options you pick, or you're going to be waiting for a while. Right now there are constraints on the single spoke black wheels...some dealers will swap out a set of wheels from a car they have on hand to get you what you want if that's an important option to you.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:32 PM   #8
cellsafemode

Thanks for the info.

Did anyone have any issues requesting that XM and OnStar be turned off / cancelled ? This will be a definite for me. Can you do that yourself easily if the dealer doesn't want to? I'm looking to physically disable the onStar antenna/radio eventually as well.

Just another little question. Do these headunits support flash drives with any codec or just mp3? Seems like if they are running a bit more sophisticated OS than a basic headunit so the possibility of supporting FLAC or vorbis (ogg) may exist. Has anyone tried other codecs?
Old 02-11-2016, 12:36 PM   #9
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
you cant go wrong with the NPP Dual Mode exhaust, it sound beautiful on both the v6 and the v8, and for the price you cant go wrong.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:42 PM   #10
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Thanks for the info.

Did anyone have any issues requesting that XM and OnStar be turned off / cancelled ? This will be a definite for me. Can you do that yourself easily if the dealer doesn't want to? I'm looking to physically disable the onStar antenna/radio eventually as well.

Just another little question. Do these headunits support flash drives with any codec or just mp3? Seems like if they are running a bit more sophisticated OS than a basic headunit so the possibility of supporting FLAC or vorbis (ogg) may exist. Has anyone tried other codecs?
It supports apple car play so you should be able to play anything you can run on your ipad except movies - however i read here somewhere that someone hacked the unit, so you could play movies.

Just curious - why would you want to disable the radio and onstar? Is that how the feds can track you?
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:45 PM   #11
Jeremeymt

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 2LT
Since I was coming from a 2014 2LT RS it was a deal breaker for me if I couldn't work out a deal on a 2016 2LT RS again. I just couldn't see going from having leather, heated seats, upgraded speaker system and other upgrades to not having them just get to the new body style. I would have waited until the deal would be right. I just happened to be able to work a decent deal on the 2016 2LT RS so I went for it.
Jeremeymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:28 PM   #12
cellsafemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
It supports apple car play so you should be able to play anything you can run on your ipad except movies - however i read here somewhere that someone hacked the unit, so you could play movies.

Just curious - why would you want to disable the radio and onstar? Is that how the feds can track you?

I'm of the mindset that car hacking will become a thing outside of white-hat good guy hacks like we saw with Jeep late last year. I dont trust that Chevy is any more secure than Jeep was and since I have a cell phone with me at all times, I dont need my car to be directly connected to any external network. So there is that and there is the lack of transparency in what is talking to what. So for those reasons I'll be disabling onStar completely.

The cancelling of XM is just because I dont listen to the radio and never plan to. My music will come from a thumb drive like god intended.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:24 PM   #13
Openroad346

Drives: 2016 Camaro lt rs
I just got a 1LT V6 A8 a couple weeks ago as a daily driver. It has the technology package (which gives you the 8in screen and bose speakers as opposed to the 7in), sunroof, RS package, and of course the V6 and A8 as options. It was a great deal, had the rims and the upgraded technology package I wanted. Like others have said it still has the backup camera, push button start, and many more things.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:40 PM   #14
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
My music will come from a thumb drive like god intended.
I lol'd.