Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-04-2020, 11:33 AM   #1
zain

Drives: ZL1
Does your ZL1 pulls to the right/left? I might have the solution!

So, I had terrible issues with the car pulling to the left/right while accelerating hard. lately I accidentally noticed that both of my rear tires had massive wear on them ,both replaced with alignment done for all four tires... now the surprise is NO MORE PULLING ISSUES! the car is always in straight line no matter how hard I hit the gas.
zain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:55 AM   #2
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Sorry to hear you lost a set of tires before getting it fixed, but glad it is corrected and sounds like you are enjoying the car more now!!
Old 06-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #3
zain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Sorry to hear you lost a set of tires before getting it fixed, but glad it is corrected and sounds like you are enjoying the car more now!!
I am! to be honest the car was not really safe to drive, but I thought maybe that's how they are considering the 650hp and other posts with similar issues, its much less stressful to drive now.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:23 AM   #4
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zain View Post
So, I had terrible issues with the car pulling to the left/right while accelerating hard. lately I accidentally noticed that both of my rear tires had massive wear on them ,both replaced with alignment done for all four tires... now the surprise is NO MORE PULLING ISSUES! the car is always in straight line no matter how hard I hit the gas.
I have been saying that the past year!!
My alignment was WAYYYYYY off from the factory with only 2k miles. The alignment was so bad GM did the alignment under warranty.
4 wheel Alignment fixed my issues.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:13 AM   #5
zain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
I have been saying that the past year!!
My alignment was WAYYYYYY off from the factory with only 2k miles. The alignment was so bad GM did the alignment under warranty.
4 wheel Alignment fixed my issues.
This should be taken seriously! I almost got into an accident because of this. Aren't they suppose to test all cars before leaving the factory?
Old 06-05-2020, 08:36 PM   #6
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
Same with the SS.
I even had someone do the alignment and it still pulled. So brought to the dealer and now it's nice and straight
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 09:32 AM   #7
zain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coded4SS View Post
Same with the SS.
I even had someone do the alignment and it still pulled. So brought to the dealer and now it's nice and straight
Glad it was fixed!
Old 06-06-2020, 12:14 PM   #8
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
I complained about the alignment in an earlier post, and someone claimed their alignment was good for 20,000 miles. I checked my records, and it showed I had aligned the car every 2000 miles, and it needed the alignment every time.

Glad I bought lifetime alignment from Firestone. Too bad for them.

I also got BMR toe rods, which should help keep rear toe in check a bit better than stock.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:19 PM   #9
zain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
I complained about the alignment in an earlier post, and someone claimed their alignment was good for 20,000 miles. I checked my records, and it showed I had aligned the car every 2000 miles, and it needed the alignment every time.

Glad I bought lifetime alignment from Firestone. Too bad for them.

I also got BMR toe rods, which should help keep rear toe in check a bit better than stock.
every 2000 miles!
Old 06-06-2020, 02:48 PM   #10
Artryan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 , 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro
My car doesn't really pull, but it feels like the rear end is swaying back and forth. My 5th gen SS really felt like it was in the front end, but this ZL1 definitely is coming from the rear. I was planning on doing something about locking the rear cradle, or whatever I've seen others talk about on here. The handling under hard acceleration is sketchy at best. Bought the car with 1700 miles. It's done it since day one.
Artryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 02:54 PM   #11
zain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artryan View Post
My car doesn't really pull, but it feels like the rear end is swaying back and forth. My 5th gen SS really felt like it was in the front end, but this ZL1 definitely is coming from the rear. I was planning on doing something about locking the rear cradle, or whatever I've seen others talk about on here. The handling under hard acceleration is sketchy at best. Bought the car with 1700 miles. It's done it since day one.
Have you done any wheels alignment?
Old 06-06-2020, 02:54 PM   #12
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artryan View Post
mine does the same under hard acceleration. A little side to side waggle so to speak. But i turned off the traction control and it goes away. Its your Elsd rear end keeping you from spinning tires someone may correct me if im wrong... Hit the Traction Control button =TC button and it will go away however you gotta watch the rear end now be careful if you are new to No Nannies on in the car. She may get away from you...
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 03:01 PM   #13
zain

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppykat33 View Post
mine does the same under hard acceleration. A little side to side waggle so to speak. But i turned off the traction control and it goes away. Its your Elsd rear end keeping you from spinning tires someone may correct me if im wrong... Hit the Traction Control button =TC button and it will go away however you gotta watch the rear end now be careful if you are new to No Nannies on in the car. She may get away from you...
That's the thing! the rear end keeps skidding left/right when hard accelrating from still or low speeds while when hard acclerating from above say 50 miles, car is pulling left & right. I would suggest you get your wheels checked.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:06 PM   #14
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Quote:
Originally Posted by zain View Post
That's the thing! the rear end keeps skidding left/right when hard accelrating from still or low speeds while when hard acclerating from above say 50 miles, car is pulling left & right. I would suggest you get your wheels checked.
car has only 3000miles on it, not to say that it couldn't be off from the factory but the waggle goes away when i turn off the traction control. as long as i roll the throttle appropriately to keep it from breaking traction...
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote