Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 05-01-2020, 08:24 AM   #15
DaddySpeed

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS soon...
Thanks, I'm looking at doing the same thing, just going to have to cancel my Camaro order if I get a deal.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:13 PM   #16
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
New May incentives:

2019: $2000 cash back or 0% for 84 months or 4 month deferred payment. So same rebate, same financing only it’s 0% OR deferred payments when last month you got both. Don’t think I’ve ever seen closeout incentives get progressively worse as time went on but we are in strange times. Only one 2019 in my trim and options left in my bookmarks and it is halfway across the country and the wrong color so the ship sailed for me.

2020: $1500 cash plus 4 months deferred payment.

You’d think the best deals on sports cars would be in a recession but only if there’s supply. 2020 and 2021 will both be short runs so we might not see big incentives on Camaros again, ever. For 2022-23 you have to count on Mary passing up a great excuse to dump a legacy gas guzzler ahead of schedule and I wouldn’t bet on that. Get one while you can.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:08 PM   #17
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
With the 4 month deferred payment you still pay (or owe) the interest on the loan. You just don't have to make the payment. Hardly a deal....
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:10 PM   #18
trohde78

Drives: '17 Red Hot 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
With the 4 month deferred payment you still pay (or owe) the interest on the loan. You just don't have to make the payment. Hardly a deal....
Deferred payment and 0% is the sweet deal.
trohde78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:06 PM   #19
DaddySpeed

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS soon...
Unfortunately GM split up the financing deal, it's 0% for 84 months, OR 120 days deferred payment for May
Old 05-04-2020, 12:04 AM   #20
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by trohde78 View Post
Deferred payment and 0% is the sweet deal.
If you can find a left over 19 you like. That game doesn't work on a 2020
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:44 AM   #21
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpeed View Post
For anyone that took advantage of the 0 for 84 months financing, did you have to make a cash down payment?
I bought a 2019 last month and left the dealer with out giving them a dime. It cost 2,000 bucks to use the 0% program. A low interest bank loan at the lower selling price would have cost more than the “0%” program at the end of the day. You could pick how long you wanted the term. I did not do differed payments. I got the car for 7,000 off Msrp.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:10 PM   #22
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Didn't really know about these incentives, not sure if they would work in Canada.

Mine has an MSRP of CAN$63,695. It seems legit, as I optioned out the same car on Chevrolet Canada and it came to that price. They are advertising it at $52,999 online. Played some back & forth and it worked out to be CAN$50,095, which currently is about US$35,700. Good deal on a 2SS 1LE.

I have a buddy who knows GM dealers really well since he has a big family and they buy a lot of GM cars. He said if you are not particular with the trims and options, try lowballing(don't be too unrealistic, naturally) and see if they bite. If they don't call you in a week, go a bit higher and try again. It doesn't work too well for me since the one I was looking at is optioned out the way I want so that gives me a bit less leverage, but the deal worked out well enough in the end.

As for financing, they got an open loan for me. I have the money to pay cash, but I do need to wait for the settlement money for my flood totaled C7 to come in. They offered to toss in a partial 3M PPF in the front as well, and I personally want to use the opportunity to boost my credit score a bit more.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:02 AM   #23
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Does anyone know what credit rating you have to have to get the 0% or low financing? Mine was hovering around 750 for years, but wouldn't go higher I think because my mortgage loan is no longer being reported because of a bk 9 years ago. But I was stupid and didn't pay my car payment last month and got hit with a 30 days late that dropped my score 65 points. I don't think its really my fault since when I logged in last month, I swore it said no payment due. I was thinking it had something to do with me paying a little extra most months or they were giving me a break d/t the current conditions or something. I didn't log back in until a day before the May payment was due and then it was right at 30 days. In hindsight, I should have checked it a couple weeks after the April payment was due to be sure, but didn't even think anything was wrong. I gave my story to Ford and they still marked me as late the next day. They said I could try to dispute it by sending them a letter stating what happened, but others have said on other forums that I could try, but most likely they won't change it as I was late. I had only been past the grace period 1 time in over 3 years with them, but caught that one before the 30 days. They did wave the late fee and I still have 0%, but still. What also sucks is they are offering payment deferment for a month or two due to the virus, but its too late for that now and I wasn't really affected (yet) anyway. I'm thinking I will probably have to wait a few months until my credit improves a bit before trying to get a new car at this point. I was also thinking of getting a different house with a carport or garage this time, but that will most likely have to wait now also.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:39 AM   #24
Dark Phoenix

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
Does anyone know what credit rating you have to have to get the 0% or low financing? Mine was hovering around 750 for years, but wouldn't go higher I think because my mortgage loan is no longer being reported because of a bk 9 years ago. But I was stupid and didn't pay my car payment last month and got hit with a 30 days late that dropped my score 65 points. I don't think its really my fault since when I logged in last month, I swore it said no payment due. I was thinking it had something to do with me paying a little extra most months or they were giving me a break d/t the current conditions or something. I didn't log back in until a day before the May payment was due and then it was right at 30 days. In hindsight, I should have checked it a couple weeks after the April payment was due to be sure, but didn't even think anything was wrong. I gave my story to Ford and they still marked me as late the next day. They said I could try to dispute it by sending them a letter stating what happened, but others have said on other forums that I could try, but most likely they won't change it as I was late. I had only been past the grace period 1 time in over 3 years with them, but caught that one before the 30 days. They did wave the late fee and I still have 0%, but still. What also sucks is they are offering payment deferment for a month or two due to the virus, but its too late for that now and I wasn't really affected (yet) anyway. I'm thinking I will probably have to wait a few months until my credit improves a bit before trying to get a new car at this point. I was also thinking of getting a different house with a carport or garage this time, but that will most likely have to wait now also.
I thought I heard someone say at 750 they got it. I think it is only through GM Financial. I personally don’t think the deals are good right now, and I’m not impressed with dealerships willingness to sell during these current times. Your best bet is to wait until after and production starts again and see how incentives change. Otherwise I’d say you should go Mustang again or Challenger. I myself recently started to look at Challengers.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:11 PM   #25
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Yeah, I'm actually still leaning towards the Challenger, although I can't seem to decide on the trim that would suit me best. It would have to be the 392 in auto with upgraded audio and the plus package. I like the rarity and speed of the 1320, but most likely won't do much racing and want some color in the interior besides black. The wide body looks the best from most angles IMO, but its the priciest and I would be a little worried driving it through the car wash and in tighter places and when replacing the wheels with narrower ones in the winter, it may look a little funny. A regular scat pack loaded up may be my best option since I can get interior color I want and like the brass monkey wheels, but you have to get summer tires or the dynamics package with it, which is weird and with those options you are at or slightly above 1320 prices. I do like the 50th edition models too and it actually looks to be the best bang-for-the buck as you get the plus package and shaker included in the deal. The downsides are all the interiors are the same, I'm not a huge fan of the wheels that are included and finding one at a decent discount. Oh and taking care of the flat black areas. A 50th WB would be awesome, but that would be stretching the budget a bit too far for me unless they end up not selling for some reason and some dealer puts a huge discount on one. I also started looking at Mustangs again as it would be quickest (at least towards the top end), cheapest (finance rate, price and the fact I already have a winter wheel set), but I've had two in a row and really wanted something different with more torque down low.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote