Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-13-2019, 12:20 PM   #519
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
actually i've seen a couple of prominent dealers on youtube saying they are already selling out.
as for the C8, some of the videos of the reveals at dealer still shows mainly 60-80 year olds.
Dealerships are selling out their allocations. I am willing to bet that all allocations will be spoken for after the pricing release.

60-80 year olds typically choose a Vette because it is usually just that person and the wife. Younger people typically have kids and friends they wanna cart along. So a 2 seater is usually not an option. Even if, a Vette is very expensive and not something that a younger person would want to spend a lot of money on. So it isn't just that old people drive Vettes. There is a legit reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
In the collector world it's a little more exact then that , a Zl1 is a Zl1 and has nothing to do with a SS 1Le . The prestige is in the 1Le option that actually transforms the Camaro into the top level of performance from the turbo 4 to the ZL1 . In 30 years its hard to say what people will go for as far as SS1Le VS ZL1, just looking at them from a mechanical point of view people may not want a 30 year old supercharged car . Just look at some Z06 Corvette prices and how they have fallen over the years . Either way anything connected with the 1Le option will be more collectable and fitch more money, but none will make you rich.
Yea, no.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:38 PM   #520
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
SMH...so now the SS 1LE will be more desirable and looks better than the ZL1. Ok. Sure.

My God where do people come up with this stupid shit.

Apparently you pulled "more desirable" out of your a$$. IMO, there's no doubt the SLE looks better, but "more desirable" is what YOU said.

My god, can't people read before posting stupid shit?
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:40 PM   #521
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
SMH...so now the SS 1LE will be more desirable and looks better than the ZL1. Ok. Sure.

Let me explain something, not taking anything away from the SLE, there is no way in hell that anyone who is searching for a 6th Gen 20 years from now will pick a SLE over a ZL1 unless money is the deciding factor as the ZL1 is more expensive. And the ZL1 looks are well above the SLE. That isn't even a subjective comment. The ZL1, by far, looks better than the SLE hands down.

Nobody is going to say "oh I'm not sure about purchasing a 30 year old supercharged car". That has never happened in history. That would be like someone picking a GT over the GT500 or a 2003 GT over a Termi Cobra. If the money is not an object, the higher trim will always be the first choice. The only way someone would pick the lower trim is if they plan to mod the hell out of the car and the extra money for the higher trim would be a waste anyway. Unless that happens, no, nobody is going to choose a SLE over a ZL1.

My God where do people come up with this stupid shit.
So by your logic the most sought after 6th gen Camaro in 20 years will be the ZL1 1LE.

With respect to looks, it's definitely subjective. The wing on the ZL1 is butt ugly. Functional yes, great car, yes. Ugly wing, yes. The wheels do not appeal to me at all. The hood and front end on the other hand look better than the SS IMO. Give me the ZL1 look with the SS 1LE spoiler and wheels. Perfect combination.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:53 PM   #522
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Apparently you pulled "more desirable" out of your a$$. IMO, there's no doubt the SLE looks better, but "more desirable" is what YOU said.

My god, can't people read before posting stupid shit?
Ok bro, go read post #517 as that is what I was obviously referring to. The context is that the ZL1 would be less desirable in 30 years because it is a supercharged car. You last sentence applies to yourself chum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
So by your logic the most sought after 6th gen Camaro in 20 years will be the ZL1 1LE.

With respect to looks, it's definitely subjective. The wing on the ZL1 is butt ugly. Functional yes, great car, yes. Ugly wing, yes. The wheels do not appeal to me at all. The hood and front end on the other hand look better than the SS IMO. Give me the ZL1 look with the SS 1LE spoiler and wheels. Perfect combination.
It's not even worth debating but line our cars up together and see which one gets more looks.

Yes. By my logic, to anyone who doesn't care to spend the money and who isn't going to mod the car, the ZL1 and ZLE will be the most desired 6th Gen Camaros unless MPGs play a role in the decision. If the person buying the car plans to mod the hell out of it then they'll pay for the cheaper SS since they'll just be modding the entire thing anyway.

Again, not even worth debating. So think what you want. Enjoy your car.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:36 PM   #523
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Ok bro, go read post #517 as that is what I was obviously referring to. The context is that the ZL1 would be less desirable in 30 years because it is a supercharged car.
Post #517 specified "from a mechanical point of view". Did you skip over that part? Or is the aura of having the top trim so bright that potential long-term downsides don't matter?

For reference . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le in post #517 View Post
... In 30 years its hard to say what people will go for as far as SS1Le VS ZL1, just looking at them from a mechanical point of view people may not want a 30 year old supercharged car ....

Norm
Old 08-13-2019, 02:25 PM   #524
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Ok bro, go read post #517 as that is what I was obviously referring to. The context is that the ZL1 would be less desirable in 30 years because it is a supercharged car. You last sentence applies to yourself chum.

It's not even worth debating but line our cars up together and see which one gets more looks.

Yes. By my logic, to anyone who doesn't care to spend the money and who isn't going to mod the car, the ZL1 and ZLE will be the most desired 6th Gen Camaros unless MPGs play a role in the decision. If the person buying the car plans to mod the hell out of it then they'll pay for the cheaper SS since they'll just be modding the entire thing anyway.

Again, not even worth debating. So think what you want. Enjoy your car.
I don't believe I was debating. I happen to think you're right about what the most desirable car will be.

As I said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the 6th gen camaro's are great looking cars, but those spokes and that spoiler....
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:53 PM   #525
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I don't believe I was debating. I happen to think you're right about what the most desirable car will be.

As I said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the 6th gen camaro's are great looking cars, but those spokes and that spoiler....
The top model will always be the most desirable. Sometimes tho people might want a lower model for nostalgic reasons. If I happen to ever get another 3rd Gen Camaro I'd probably look for an 87 Z28 instead of the IROC because that was my first Camaro. And I'd want it in the color of the one I had. But if I were to get, let's say, a 98 Camaro or an 02, then I'd be looking for the Z28 SS. If I wanted a 5th Gen Camaro with the intentions to build a race car or one that would see heavy race use or one that I planned to mod to 1000 HP then I'd get the SS. If I wanted one and just planned to do LTs and a tune and little stuff then I'd get a ZL1. For others tho, if they didn't want to spend ZL1 money then they'd get the SS and do light mods. So in a way it depends on the person. But the top trims are typically the most desired and sought after.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #526
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
This isn't like the 1980's Turbo cars folks. The factory PD supercharged LT4 cars are easily as reliable as naturally aspirated stuff. ZL1 is and will be the most desirable model of the 6th gen line up. The only thing that will potentially be a issue in 30yrs is the electronics but that will be a issue on all models. The ZL1 drive train is the most robust setup ever offered by GM so reliability will not be a issue there.

That being said I would love to have a 97 SS LT4 car just for the rare factor and I like 4th gens. My first Camaro was a 1996 Z28 M6.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:39 PM   #527
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
First. I’m not a naturally aspirated Z/28 purists, but I’m also not a fan of supercharged engines.

I’ve said numerous times that the SS 1LE is the star of the sixth gen. Perfectly balance chassis with a potent NA engine, manual trans, brakes, cooling, tires/rims, etc. The performance and values are unrivaled. ...and it’s gorgeous!

I bought a gen5 ZL1 new and didn’t care for the ups and downs of heat soak and the heavier weight. It’s not that I can’t afford a ZL1. I believe less is more in this case and would choose the SS 1LE over a ZL1.

GM’s puny 1.7 and 1.9L superchargers probably weigh heavily on my dislike. Drop the LT5 into the Camaro and I’m sure I’d warm up to a blown Camaro immediately.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:44 PM   #528
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
The top model will always be the most desirable. Sometimes tho people might want a lower model for nostalgic reasons. If I happen to ever get another 3rd Gen Camaro I'd probably look for an 87 Z28 instead of the IROC because that was my first Camaro. And I'd want it in the color of the one I had. But if I were to get, let's say, a 98 Camaro or an 02, then I'd be looking for the Z28 SS. If I wanted a 5th Gen Camaro with the intentions to build a race car or one that would see heavy race use or one that I planned to mod to 1000 HP then I'd get the SS. If I wanted one and just planned to do LTs and a tune and little stuff then I'd get a ZL1. For others tho, if they didn't want to spend ZL1 money then they'd get the SS and do light mods. So in a way it depends on the person. But the top trims are typically the most desired and sought after.
Collectors go after rarity , how many produced is more important then if its a top of the line . Sometimes they do go hand and hand but not always . 1967 Z28 was not the most powerful or top of the line but the low numbers produced makes it a very expensive car but not even close to what the 6 cylinder 3 speed vin number 1 car is worth.Just look at the most expensive Camaro ever made the 5th gen Z28 and where it is now . I get what you are saying that people may look for in the future as far as wanting to race a car but that is the used car market more than the collectors market. The price in the used car market of a SS 1Le vs Zl1 is closer then if buy new so that gap may shrink even more over 30 years , some reason there is no shortage of used Zl1s that's for sure and i doubt that will change over the years.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:01 PM   #529
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
I wouldn't bet on anything 20 years from now. You may not even be able to buy gasoline in 20 years.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:05 PM   #530
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
This isn't like the 1980's Turbo cars folks. The factory PD supercharged LT4 cars are easily as reliable as naturally aspirated stuff. ZL1 is and will be the most desirable model of the 6th gen line up. The only thing that will potentially be a issue in 30yrs is the electronics but that will be a issue on all models. The ZL1 drive train is the most robust setup ever offered by GM so reliability will not be a issue there.

That being said I would love to have a 97 SS LT4 car just for the rare factor and I like 4th gens. My first Camaro was a 1996 Z28 M6.
If it's so reliable why the Nanny's?
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #531
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Technically the 2020 LT1 a10 will be the fastest camaro. That will be the most valuable

Last edited by 6spdhyperblue; 08-13-2019 at 06:38 PM.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:45 PM   #532
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
If it's so reliable why the Nanny's?
Driver Safety...Because the masses can not handle the power. 650hp on street tires with no traction control or stabilitrack is not something the average enthusiast can handle. It has nothing to do with stress on the drive line.

I run my Whipple A8 car with no torque management and full torque shifts no problem with a 305/35/20 555r. On a street tire it would be borderline dangerous being it would break the tires loose on the 3-4 shift at 90mph.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote