Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-11-2018, 03:25 PM   #29
IanCC

Drives: Summit White V6 M6 NPP
I’m with Glen. Have your friend pay for it considering he already offered. I’m with you that it was not appropriate for this guy to do something so disrespectful to your car, but mouthing someone off for jaywalking is pretty inconsiderate.
IanCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:31 PM   #30
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
dont file with your insurance and let your buddy pay for it. he's an idiot for getting involved....
find a new friend.....
+1

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #31
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Try PDR first...you’ll be shocked by what a good technician can accomplish. You won’t be able to tell the dent, nor the boot print, was ever there.

If that’s your buddy, don’t make him pay for anything, the guilt trip that you’ll be able to lay on him will live on forever and that’s much more satisfying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #32
ChevyCav

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Camaro 2SS View Post
I aggre totally that getting drunk and spouting off at the mouth is stupid. Jay walker and friend are acting very immature. With that said once someone escalates words to a physical response they open a whole new can of worms. Never touch me, my family or my property without an invitation. I don’t play that game and if you physically attack me or mine I won’t stop until the threating action has ceased.
Amen brother.
ChevyCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:59 PM   #33
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Your insurance rates can increase regardless of fault, insurance don't look at who's fault it was, they look at how much of a risk you are. If you drive in an area where your car is likely to be damaged, they don't care how it gets damaged, they care that they have to come out of pocket to pay for it. Thus even if its not your fault, you are technically a liability to them thus they will increase your rates.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:09 PM   #34
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Looks like you might need a complete full paint job.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:13 PM   #35
Epx998
|Engineer|

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCav View Post
Also, I don't want it to break his bank obviously he's still my boy, why shouldn't I file with insurance? I'm hoping my rates would not go up being that I had no part in this situation. Also I figure it'll cost more than the $500 deductible... whats the estimated damages?

Also to add onto this does anyone know of any good collision shops in NJ? South jersey, Galloway area!
your boy who got your ride dented with his mouth.. if he doesnt pay for it on his own, hes not really your boy...
Epx998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:19 PM   #36
ChevyCav

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
Looks like you might need a complete full paint job.
Lol I hope that was just sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epx998 View Post
your boy who got your ride dented with his mouth.. if he doesnt pay for it on his own, hes not really your boy...
Like I said he offered to pay for it yesterday and today, he's got me. I don't affiliate with scum, just drunk a-holes occasionally that make dumb mistakes.
ChevyCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #37
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCav View Post
Like I said he offered to pay for it yesterday and today, he's got me. I don't affiliate with scum, just drunk a-holes occasionally that make dumb mistakes.
I'd have ejected him from the car and let him finish what he started before peeling off.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #38
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I always try to give folks the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the jay-walker was being a dick, maybe just simply made a mistake or any of a thousand possibilities. I'm far from perfect and make mistakes and really appreciate it when the other guy gives me a pass.

Being a dick because you think the other guy was being a dick, still makes you a dick.

Be the better man.

FWIW, let your friend pay for the fix.

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:46 PM   #39
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I would first get an estimate on how much it would costs to repair. Then weigh in your deductible and rate increase vs. the costs of the repair.
Good luck. Also you did the right thing. Something like that is not worth getting arrested for and like you said, that dude could be carrying a weapon.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:47 PM   #40
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Don't go to Atlantic City again, either.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:57 PM   #41
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I would probably pay for it myself and count it as a lesson learned. Don't hang with idiots.

If you have your buddy pay for it, it will be a strain on your relationship forever.

I would pay for it myself and if my buddy wanted to reimburse me I'd let him pay for dinners for a while.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #42
warriordave927
Deadpool

Drives: 2016 camaro lt rs m6 redhot
Op it sounds like your a good friend to your buddy,youve defended him and tried to prove his innocence and the other guys guilt,if he offered to pay he recognizes that he was in the wrong,switch roles with him and put your self in his spot,if you were in his spot and caused a similar incident where you caused somebody to kick his car i assume you would offer to pay for repairs,so dont feel bad about him being out some cash because this was his fault even if it was just a couple of word,he provoked the other guy
warriordave927 is offline   Reply With Quote