Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-05-2021, 08:52 AM   #15
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
but never at 10 years.
This 10 year old car had an MSRP of around $310K:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5422/overview/

Even accounting for inflation, the jump to 1.195M USD is impressive.

Never say never
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:00 AM   #16
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
This 10 year old car had an MSRP of around $310K:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5422/overview/

Even accounting for inflation, the jump to 1.195M USD is impressive.

Never say never
LOL, while you're not wrong we know cars like this exit as outliers and clearly a class of car completely out of the league of this conversation.

The Ford GT is another example of an outlier.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:09 AM   #17
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I'm aware, just pointing out the fallacy of using absolutes.

Besides, there are other examples:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3751/overview/

MSRP was $34,250 in 2007.

And if you want a car that you can buy new today that will go up in value, see if you can snag any of the handfull of M2 CS with a manual and carbon brakes. Let me know in 10 years if I'm wrong!

I know, I know.. yeah but but but....
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:18 AM   #18
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
I'm aware, just pointing out the fallacy of using absolutes.

Besides, there are other examples:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3751/overview/

MSRP was $34,250 in 2007.

And if you want a car that you can buy new today that will go up in value, see if you can snag any of the handfull of M2 CS with a manual and carbon brakes. Let me know in 10 years if I'm wrong!

I know, I know.. yeah but but but....
Kind of like relying only on exceptions to try and invalidate rules.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:19 AM   #19
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Cars are a terrible investment plan for the masses.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:40 AM   #20
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Yeah putting $50K in the garage for 40 years seems like a sound investment!
I do it with mason jars in the backyard all the time.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:47 AM   #21
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
I do it with mason jars in the backyard all the time.

Way better plan
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:47 AM   #22
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
With the exception of some cars like the 5th gen Z/28 or Demon or GT350R or maybe even teh ZLE I will say no. Remember part of what really drove up the prices of the 60/70s cars was the boomer generation reliving their glory days. Also do not forget that what really helps make a classic car worth money is how rare it is. Back in the day if your dealer knew the right people you could really order a one of a kind car because everything was a la carte. You could have ordered a car that might have been like 1 out of 40 in this color with a certain set of options and that is the kind of stuff that makes the classics bring out the big bucks. Hell my dad back in 69 ordered a 442 W-30 in a color that wasn't offered on the 442. that kind of stuff doesn't happen anymore which is why I don't think cars like the SS/GT/392 will be valuable down the road.

Now will they hold their value better than years past.....yeah maybe but I don't think we will see anything on these cars like the cars of the 60/70s
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:26 AM   #23
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
Well if millennials want to relive their days, then get the Supra turbo, MR2 turbo, RX-7 turbo, etc. I love cars in general, especially the sounds and handling. GT-Rs and 911 GT2/GT3 are also probably going to be worth good money with the manual. I would like a used super car, but don’t want the high maintenance fees.

I never owned a V8 car before and the Gen6 SS 1LE is a keeper for me. When the stock motor goes, then build it out to a 427ci and maybe a Maggie. I’ve driven a buddies C6 Z06 back in the day and the sound never escaped me. 12 years later and I got a V8 and was always an import guy. I am not sure what the future holds, but being able to control a car through rowing gears and the raw sound of a V8 will always be enjoyable, rather than having a car with just the go pedal and autopilot. If they ever get the autopilot down, then I’d just set it for my destination and take a nap.
Ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:59 AM   #24
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ademarco View Post
Well if millennials want to relive their days, then get the Supra turbo, MR2 turbo, RX-7 turbo, etc.
I think you’re referring to Gen x people as Millennials were kids when those were out. As a millennial I can tell you I grew up wanting a 3 valve Mustang. That came out as I was starting high school. Finally got one in my mid 20s and then sold it to get my Gen 6. I wish Chevy had cooler stuff out when I and other millennials were teens. I know the GTO returned briefly but that car looked too much like a Grand Prix. The G8 was cool but kids aren’t into sedans unless they are import people. When the gen 5 camaro came out I thought it was awesome but Ford I feel like advertised their return of the 5.0 much better so I lusted for one of those (still really would like to have one next to my 6th gen).
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:55 PM   #25
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
I don't know how it is in other states, but here in CA, we don't even have enough power to run the grid as it is, let alone having *every car* be powered by electricity.

When we realize that, and the fact that you cannot get a permit in CA to even build a new power-plant (without years and years of litigation), we'll get a reprieve on gas powered cars, and still be able to buy gasoline, and gasoline powered cars.
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 03:15 PM   #26
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayvan View Post
I don't know how it is in other states, but here in CA, we don't even have enough power to run the grid as it is, let alone having *every car* be powered by electricity.

When we realize that, and the fact that you cannot get a permit in CA to even build a new power-plant (without years and years of litigation), we'll get a reprieve on gas powered cars, and still be able to buy gasoline, and gasoline powered cars.
This. Well said and representative of the real picture in far more locations on the planet than just California. Promised myself I wouldn’t comment on the EV theme being discussed here for the past while, but I appreciate someone who’s got their eye on reality.
Old 02-05-2021, 03:31 PM   #27
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
This. Well said and representative of the real picture in far more locations on the planet than just California. Promised myself I wouldn’t comment on the EV theme being discussed here for the past while, but I appreciate someone who’s got their eye on reality.
On one hand, we have to look at the positives... While charging stations represent a draw on the grid, the lessening of the use gasoline represents relief for the grid.

Electricity is used to operate the fuel pumps. Electricity is used to power the lights that illuminate the fueling areas. Electricity is used to operate the credit card readers and various pieces of computer / network equipment to authorize the transaction. As these things see reduced use and "go away", the grid gets relief.

Additionally, "mass charging stations" will likely be built with solar arrays to at least partially supply power - again, grid relief.

As more and more owners are charging at home and increasing their electric use at the house, more will add solar arrays to their homes for more grid relief.

On the other hand, I want to better understand how much air pollution is created as a direct result of coal mining, coal transportation, and coal burning to actually create that electricity. And, as we increase our reliance on electricity, how much additional pollution is created by building a new plant or upgrading other infrastructure to supply that electricity?
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:14 PM   #28
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
That deal is high A. F. if they think it’s worh $37K. I don’t care if it has zero miles.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote