Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-06-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
Lantzyt

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Convertible
NPP dual mode exhaust

I have a 2020 LT1 and I took the fuse out that controls the dual mode exhaust over the summer so it’s always open. With winter coming I want to put the fuse back in so I can put the exhaust in stealth mode to be courteous of the neighbors in the morning.

I put the fuse back in the same spot I took it out of and the modes aren’t working. Any ideas or advice?
Lantzyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 02:59 PM   #2
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Fuse went bad? Try another one?
Old 12-06-2020, 04:35 PM   #3
Lantzyt

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Fuse went bad? Try another one?
Went to auto zone and got a new one. I can tell the difference between sport and tour, but there’s no difference between tour and stealth. Would it take a while for it to adjust after not having the fuse for 6 months?
Lantzyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:41 PM   #4
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Tour and stealth should be about the same. I have noticed that with my ZL1 and the 2016 2SS I used to own.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:29 PM   #5
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantzyt View Post
I have a 2020 LT1 and I took the fuse out that controls the dual mode exhaust over the summer so it’s always open. With winter coming I want to put the fuse back in so I can put the exhaust in stealth mode to be courteous of the neighbors in the morning.

I put the fuse back in the same spot I took it out of and the modes aren’t working. Any ideas or advice?
Did you lock in that setting on your screen to track mode. That would be one reason it won't change.
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 09:38 PM   #6
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Stealth mode completely locks the valve from even opening. In tour mode, the valve will still open/shut depending on your throttle position
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:49 PM   #7
DorsoDuroJohn

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
No track mode in LT1.
DorsoDuroJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 11:37 PM   #8
OniCamaro

Drives: Camaro V6 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsoDuroJohn View Post
No track mode in LT1.
Regardless, should set to 'Auto' in console menu, else valves won't work based on mode selection
OniCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 07:47 AM   #9
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Since it is a 2020 it should still be under warranty, take it by the dealership and get it looked at to confirm if the valves are working. After you do the suggestions from previous posts, all are good points.

-Look in your info system to make sure it is on tour mode.( since the LT1 doesn't have the Track option)
-Double check that it is a good fuse and the location is the correct one in the fuse block

Hope it is something simple.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:16 AM   #10
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Went to auto zone and got a new one. I can tell the difference between sport and tour, but there’s no difference between tour and stealth. Would it take a while for it to adjust after not having the fuse for 6 months?
This sounds like correct functionality. Valves are only open or closed, no in-between. Tour and Stealth will have valves closed at idle, Sport will be open. As Azerlazer already said, Stealth keeps the valves closed all the time but Tour will let them open if you're driving and go close to WOT. Sport will keep them open most of the time aside from constant throttle cruising at backroad/highway speeds.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:58 PM   #11
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:

Don't take this the wrong way; I'm not intending this to be dickish, but why was there not the same need to be courteous to the neighbors in the morning in the warm weather? Arguably, people will have their windows closed in the winter so outside noise should bother them less.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:09 PM   #12
KenMaro

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS manual
I always put mine into tour mode when entering residential areas, especially my own. I wonder though, I have never used stealth mode, will start up be quieter in stealth mode? It should be as the valves are closed (would that hold true even on a start up?). I know in tour mode my start up is still aggressive.
KenMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:12 PM   #13
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaro View Post
I always put mine into tour mode when entering residential areas, especially my own. I wonder though, I have never used stealth mode, will start up be quieter in stealth mode? It should be as the valves are closed (would that hold true even on a start up?). I know in tour mode my start up is still aggressive.
Yes, I think the startup from cold in stealth is a little quieter - no initial bark - if I am remembering correctly. I'll have to try it to confirm. My exhaust faces the closed garage door, so I don't generally worry about how mine sounds until I open the garage door.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #14
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaro View Post
Yes, stealth keeps valves closed during startup and is the only mode that does so. Can set stealth mode in the car settings on the radio before you turn the car off or get in the car, push the start button for 5-7 seconds without touching the pedals to turn the car on without starting the engine, select stealth on the radio or snow/ice drive mode, then start the car. If you pick snow/ice before you shut the car off, it'll switch back to tour the next time you start the car.