Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 09-28-2022, 07:24 PM   #1
studs

Drives: 2016 SS M6
Thumbs down At my wits end

So my 16 ss m6 really has been an absolute clunker.

- Dead battery in 5 days or less, no parasitic drain found. I've literally dropped the car off and got it the next day with a dead battery multiple times. Jump boxes work... I guess? Because that's a normal thing to do all the time I guess?
- 3 new batteries same issues
- batteries sulfate so fast (unable to hook it up to a tender unless I remove the battery and bring it inside... Trunk battery, not happening anymore unless flat dead fk this car)
- Rattling under the dash behind the infotainment screen somewhere
- Rattling from loose screw in the shifter (tbh so pissed and let down at the car to take 5 minutes to loctite it)
- misaligned body panels
- paint imperfections
- softest shittiest paint I've worked on thusfar
- hot starts don't or barely start
- window roll up and down message everytime I get in the vehicle
- window indexing doesn't work from issue above (shoutout to perma cracked open windows)
- loss of power steering issues (cba to waste an hour at a dealer anymore fk this car)
- the torn seat issue from where the belt comes out
- and where it enters is torn too LOL

There's more I'm forgetting but basically every single problem with these cars posted on here, my car has. The car would probably be worth holding on to for when imo the globalists get what they want and the value inherently goes up a lot. It just doesn't seem feasible to keep a car with 20k on the odometer that is an absolute clunker of a car. I have never dealt with a car so poorly made in my life. Infuriated wouldn't even begin to describe how I feel about this car. GM can't even figure out the plethora of problems these cars have. Dream car ended up being a nightmare car and I want the nightmare to end. It's seriously more of a hassle to own this car than not, everyday with it is terrible and I wish i could go back in time and take a nice steamy poop on the seat after the test drive and never look back at it. Owned 9 cars. This car accounts for 80-90% of all car problems I've ever had complete PoS outside of the performance aspect.

So with that being stated.. What's a good replacement? Mustang is an obvious choice besides engines blowing up and the fact that it's American made, Ford to add salt to the wound.. (our car quality is terrible across all brands and models, don't fool yourself this isn't the 70s-90s, compare for example body panels on a nissan vs chevy, the nissan wins 98% of the time.. that should be enough indication of poor quality) sti's are overpriced to all hell, new civic type r maybe? Uncertain but gm won't be missed. I just can't, the car is too f'd to return back to gm as a customer. So I mine as well get my money back and buy something that has less problems than winter beaters that have 150k+ on them and not more... Really not sure what to buy.

This is kind of a rant/me venting about how awful this car is and half-assed asking for a suggestion on what you would buy if it wasnt a camaro. I apologize but there are others out there holding on to their camaros because they love the car even though it has so many issues that even the mfg. can't even figure out many of them. I think it's time for us to let go and have someone else inherit our extremely problematic cars while the market still needs it, it probably won't for much longer. It's not worth the stress in your own life or the simple headaches from all the small issues that exist that shouldn't... I really mothaeffing hate this car and it was my realistic dream car.

Oh and with or without mods all these problems exist in my scenario. The car just flat out sucks and I'm sugar coating every bit of what I've said in this post, I'm just not gonna go there on this forum, maybe in personal conversations; after years of headaches, livid/infuriated etc. cant even begin the describe my feelings.
studs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 11:25 PM   #2
Nitefall17

Drives: Camaro 1SS A8 Vert
Does it have after market tail lights???
Nitefall17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 11:28 PM   #3
Nitefall17

Drives: Camaro 1SS A8 Vert
Also look to see if you have orange light on drivers side door blinking every thirty seconds with door closed.

If so you have a bad BCM...
Nitefall17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 06:49 AM   #4
Danew_377
Chief Bief

Drives: Nightfall Gray Camaro 1SS
Agree about the aftermarket taillights. Caused me to have to replace batteries a few times. There is a harness that needs to be inline with the power going to the headlight so it's not causing parasitic loss when the car is off otherwise. I got mine from Phastek and I haven't had a dead battery in over three years.

2016 NFG 1SS M6
JLT Intake, LT2 Manifold, LT5 TB, CSP 2" headers, AWE Catback Exhaust, Apex ARC-8 Wheels.
426whp/434wtq
Danew_377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 07:22 AM   #5
Danew_377
Chief Bief

Drives: Nightfall Gray Camaro 1SS
In all seriousness, I'm really sorry you've had that rough a shake with your car. I have a first year model 1SS as well and I've had nowhere near as many issues as you have. The battery deal is a head scratcher but there is a fix for it. Also I had my driveshaft separate from the diff but that was fixed under warranty.

I've lived with it in New York City, Virginia Beach, Great Lakes Il, and San Diego and my car isn't garage kept. I have paint issues but it's no different than a car that's been through what I've subjected mine to.

Either way, wish you the best brother. Not cool when your stuff doesn't work.

2016 NFG 1SS M6
JLT Intake, LT2 Manifold, LT5 TB, CSP 2" headers, AWE Catback Exhaust, Apex ARC-8 Wheels.
426whp/434wtq
Danew_377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:23 PM   #6
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Sorry about all your issues. If I were buying a different car it would have to be a mustang. I am partial to v8’s and the challenger is less sporty than the Camaro/Mustang. Also not sure what you mean by mustang engines blowing up but unless you are specifically talking about the gt350 voodoo engine, I would be more inclined to trust any gen coyote over our LT1’s. Not that our LT1’s are bad reliability wise, but the coyote just seems to have less issues than our LT1’s can potentially have. When it comes to v8 engine reliability I completely trust Ford outside of the voodoo failure.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro issues, car sucks, dead battery, open and close, windows