Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 12-20-2019, 09:39 AM   #71
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Why would you want physics, facts, or common sense get in the way of your beliefs?
LOL. So far we only have one video with 1/8 th runs running about like a newbie in an SS. Because of the strike there are very few LT1s around so far.

I did find one M6 in satin steel M6, with NPP and a sunroof not far from my house. It looked great in Satin Steel. If it did not have the $2K Wheel replacement option and if it had Bose instead I might have been tempted. I love the no spoiler look. Here are the colors I like. Black is my current front runner as black does it's best to make the head on look good with the awkward grill. Still this version really shows off the good lines of the Camaro.

On a sad note the LT1 does not have the tow bar threads I hear. But I forgot to check myself. The $100 split spoke option is a my favorite reasonably priced wheel option. I plan on adding 1LE wheels and keeping the stockers with all seasons for the winter. I already have 17" MTs for T&T fun.

Old 12-28-2019, 12:24 PM   #72
Fraxum

What is the difference between the three NA V8 Camaros?

Looking around the weight difference with the same options like transmission and sun roof is around 100 pounds. The LT1 model is most likely 50-75 pounds lighter than the 1SS. The 2SS 1LE is the heaviest V8 NA Camaro. The 1LE package add roughly another 100 pounds to the SS.

So I weighed my 2016 M6 loaded sunroof 2ss with 1/4 tank of gas: 3,685 pounds.
Comparable Weights:
  • M6 2SS 1LE: 3,785 pounds
  • M6 2SS: 3,685 pounds
  • M6 1SS 1LE: 3,685 pounds
  • M6 1SS: 3,585 pounds
  • M6 LT1: 3,535 pounds
So with similar options and driver at the drag strip LT (with SS wide rear tires) > 1SS > 2SS.
All things being equal driver, tires, track, and air each 100 pounds is = .1 in the 1/4. Also weight affects the polar inertia of the car. So depending on which Camaro you drive some will have better handling responses to your driving input.
The LT1 which has the SS suspension will feel the lightest and so on. The 1LEs are a nice step up from the LT1/SS in handling, but the feel is not that different on the street. However the 1LE is amazing that it is not a penalty box to drive. MRC really helps here I think.

LT1 hardware:
  • SS suspension
  • SS engine cooling
  • Brembo front brakes
  • All season tires
  • V8 differential
  • No Tow bar threads
  • No MRC
  • No Hud
  • Base Camaro Interior
  • No heated seats
  • No Track Mode steering/engine selection
  • NPP optional
1SS Hardware:
  • SS suspension
  • SS engine cooling
  • Brembo front and rear brakes
  • Trans and diff coolers
  • Summer tires
  • Base Camaro Interior
  • No heated seats
  • MRC optional
  • NPP optional
  • HUD and EDiff only with the 1LE option
2SS Hardware:
  • SS suspension
  • SS engine cooling
  • Trans and diff coolers
  • Summer tires
  • Upscale Camaro Interior
  • NPP optional
  • V8 differential
  • MRC optional
  • Hud
  • Bose
  • 2 zone HVAC
  • Heated/cooled seats
  • Cool interior lighting
  • NPP optional
  • Ediff with the 1LE option

All 3 NA V8 Camaros are world class handling cars All will stop about the same on the same tires. But the rear Brembos on the SS will provide a little more time on a race track. But as the fronts are more important to stopping they have less effect than the 6 pistons on the 1LE. The extra cooling on the SS helps you stay out on the track longer at higher speeds. On the street there is very little difference.

But of course performance is not the only reason we buy these cars. And the 2SS advantages over the 1SS are:
  • A nicer interior
  • Heated and cooled seats
  • Hud
  • 2 zone HVAC
  • Cooler lighting
  • Bigger dash pad and Bose
If these things mean a lot to you then enough said. But to the rest of the world they cannot tell the difference between the two SS versions. Except the 1LE looks cooler with the blacked out hood and the huge tires. People notice that.

As for the LT1 it still looks good to me with the car showing better the clean lines of the Camaro. And I like the sleeper effect. I went to look at an LT1 with nice wheels in silver grey and to me looked great.

As to the sleeper effect I had to explain to the salesman that this Camaro I am sitting in has a V8. LOL. He was shocked.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:53 PM   #73
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
What is the difference between the three NA V8 Camaros?

Looking around the weight difference with the same options like transmission and sun roof is around 100 pounds. The LT1 model is most likely 50-75 pounds lighter than the 1SS. The 2SS 1LE is the heaviest V8 NA Camaro. The 1LE package add roughly another 100 pounds to the SS.

So I weighed my 2016 M6 loaded sunroof 2ss with 1/4 tank of gas: 3,685 pounds.
Comparable Weights:
  • M6 2SS 1LE: 3,785 pounds
  • M6 2SS: 3,685 pounds
  • M6 1SS 1LE: 3,685 pounds
  • M6 1SS: 3,585 pounds
  • M6 LT1: 3,535 pounds
So with similar options and driver at the drag strip LT (with SS wide rear tires) > 1SS > 2SS.
All things being equal driver, tires, track, and air each 100 pounds is = .1 in the 1/4. Also weight affects the polar inertia of the car. So depending on which Camaro you drive some will have better handling responses to your driving input.
The LT1 which has the SS suspension will feel the lightest and so on. The 1LEs are a nice step up from the LT1/SS in handling, but the feel is not that different on the street. However the 1LE is amazing that it is not a penalty box to drive. MRC really helps here I think.

LT1 hardware:
  • SS suspension
  • SS engine cooling
  • Brembo front brakes
  • All season tires
  • V8 differential
  • No Tow bar threads
  • No MRC
  • No Hud
  • Base Camaro Interior
  • No heated seats
  • No Track Mode steering/engine selection
  • NPP optional
1SS Hardware:
  • SS suspension
  • SS engine cooling
  • Trans and diff coolers
  • Summer tires
  • Base Camaro Interior
  • No heated seats
  • MRC optional
  • NPP optional
  • HUD and EDiff only with the 1LE option
2SS Hardware:
  • SS suspension
  • SS engine cooling
  • Trans and diff coolers
  • Summer tires
  • Upscale Camaro Interior
  • NPP optional
  • V8 differential
  • MRC optional
  • Hud
  • Bose
  • 2 zone HVAC
  • Heated/cooled seats
  • Cool interior lighting
  • NPP optional
  • Ediff with the 1LE option

All 3 NA V8 Camaros are world class handling cars All will stop about the same on the same tires. But the rear Brembos on the SS will provide a little more time on a race track. But as the fronts are more important to stopping they have less effect than the 6 pistons on the 1LE. The extra cooling on the SS helps you stay out on the track longer at higher speeds. On the street there is very little difference.

But of course performance is not the only reason we buy these cars. And the 2SS advantages over the 1SS are:
  • A nicer interior
  • Heated and cooled seats
  • Hud
  • 2 zone HVAC
  • Cooler lighting
  • Bigger dash pad and Bose
If these things mean a lot to you then enough said. But to the rest of the world they cannot tell the difference between the two SS versions. Except the 1LE looks cooler with the blacked out hood and the huge tires. People notice that.

As for the LT1 it still looks good to me with the car showing better the clean lines of the Camaro. And I like the sleeper effect. I went to look at an LT1 with nice wheels in silver grey and to me looked great.

As to the sleeper effect I had to explain to the salesman that this Camaro I am sitting in has a V8. LOL. He was shocked.
Where did you get these weights? I thought ss 1le was only 50 - 70 pounds lighter than a 2ss?
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:42 PM   #74
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Here is the applicable spec sheet from the GM 2020 Camaro order book, it looks a bit more up to date (before options, of course, parts like the sunroof will indeed add some weight).
  • M6 2SS 1LE: 3,762 pounds
  • M6 2SS: 3,696 pounds
  • M6 1SS 1LE: 3,754 pounds
  • M6 1SS: 3,685 pounds
  • M6 LT1: 3,619 pounds
Attached Images

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 11:00 PM   #75
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
IMO the biggest plus for the LT1 over a 1SS other than price is the smaller rear brakes will likely let you run a smaller rear wheel. Being able to get things like the Recaros and Bose audio system is also a plus.

You may also find the the simpler and maybe cleaner looks more to your liking. If I were to buy a LT1 it would be in Green and I would get a costum license plate that read BULLIT or BULITT. Have like a Bullitt Camaro or something.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 12:23 PM   #76
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Where did you get these weights? I thought ss 1le was only 50 - 70 pounds lighter than a 2ss?
The shipping weight of a single car is the best measure, agreed. I just started with a known loaded sunroof 2SS M6 SS real world weight. I read in a couple of places the estimate for the 1LE package was about 100 pounds to the SS and also the 2SS over the 1SS adds about 100 pounds. And of course autos are heavier than M6es. So my weights are mosly relative pointing out the weight cost of each choice. I could easily be off 25 pounds.

Weight is the enemy in how a car drives. I may be overly sensitive to it. I was a bit disappointed my A10 ZL1 that felt quite a bit heavier (sluggish) driving than my M6 SS with a sunroof. Given the SS power is more street usable than ZL1 power I am going that route next. One of my favorite past cars was a BMW 335i sport. My '16 SS felt like a 335i with a small block chevy. It may even be lighter than that 335i. So now I am focusing on the lightest V8 Camaro for my next fun car. And starting with the lightest V8 I can add only the things I want and noting really I will miss. I also prefer the clean no spoiler look. Unless you track spoilers are dead weight. I also love sleepers.
Old 12-29-2019, 02:03 PM   #77
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
The shipping weight of a single car is the best measure, agreed. I just started with a known loaded sunroof 2SS M6 SS real world weight. I read in a couple of places the estimate for the 1LE package was about 100 pounds to the SS and also the 2SS over the 1SS adds about 100 pounds. And of course autos are heavier than M6es. So my weights are mosly relative pointing out the weight cost of each choice. I could easily be off 25 pounds.

Weight is the enemy in how a car drives. I may be overly sensitive to it. I was a bit disappointed my A10 ZL1 that felt quite a bit heavier (sluggish) driving than my M6 SS with a sunroof. Given the SS power is more street usable than ZL1 power I am going that route next. One of my favorite past cars was a BMW 335i sport. My '16 SS felt like a 335i with a small block chevy. It may even be lighter than that 335i. So now I am focusing on the lightest V8 Camaro for my next fun car. And starting with the lightest V8 I can add only the things I want and noting really I will miss. I also prefer the clean no spoiler look. Unless you track spoilers are dead weight. I also love sleepers.
Shhhhh, don't say anything about the zl1's weight vs the ss or the zl1 elitists will have your head! lol
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 02:14 PM   #78
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Well the scale near me is pretty accurate to GMs spec for my car.

Last edited by Scottyz; 02-15-2022 at 04:25 AM.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:31 PM   #79
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Well the scale near me is pretty accurate to GMs spec for my car.
= 3850.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:58 PM   #80
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rmal View Post
= 3850.
Fun Fact: The full size, 4 door, 1994-1996 Impala SS weighed in at 4037#'s.
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:48 AM   #81
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Fun Fact: The full size, 4 door, 1994-1996 Impala SS weighed in at 4037#'s.
Not bad less than my 5th gen ZL1. Loved that car. I wanted another one until I drive a 2016 SS.

I almost bought one of those LT1 Impalas being a family man at the time. Cool daily. But then I found out my kids car seats fit in the back so I bought a m6 LT1 SS Camaro. The kids called it the silver bullet. I dailied 2 4th gen Camaros for about 8 years then traded in the second LS1 version @90K for a Ford Expedition. :( Then when the 5th gens came out I was back in a Camaro once the ADMs ended and dealers started dealing on them.

Getting close to ordering an M6 LT1/LT1......
Old 01-05-2020, 12:04 PM   #82
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rmal View Post
= 3850.
Yea for what they are ZL1s win the gravity battle over the GT500 and H/C. As I remember my base A10 sunroof ZL1 was 3825 with 1/4 in the tank. To me when driving I can sense the extra weight. Nannies can only fool mother nature so much.

Beautful bad ass looking car you have there. Preferring the newer taillights.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:26 AM   #83
Fraxum

My LT1 ordered with Becky. highly recommended. Some of the option codes are wrong but Becky fixed them.

My order:
Selected Colors
• Black $0
• Jet Black, seat trim $0
Selected Packages (1 $900)
• (Y3W)TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE $900
Selected Options (12 $5,865)
Exterior
• (CF5) Power sunroof $995
• (JF6)Red-painted brake calipers $395
• 6.2L V8 DI engineStandard
• (MN6) 6-speed manual transmissionStandard
• (NPP) Dual-mode exhaust $995
• (56W) 20" 5-split spoke, bright Silver-painted aluminum wheels $100
Interior
• (WHA) Knee pads, Red$350
• (3F9) Red seat belt color$195
• (B7G) Illuminated sill plates$395
• (AQJ) RECARO® performance front bucket seats $1,595
• (IO6) Navigation upgrade kit$450
• (WGK?) Door accent trim, Red$395
Total Vehicle and Options $40,315
Destination Freight Charge $995
Total Vehicle Price $41,310

It will look like this:

Old 01-09-2020, 10:30 AM   #84
TreedYou

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2013 Mustang GT
^that red stripe on there looks awesome!
TreedYou is offline   Reply With Quote