Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-12-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
did GM even tried a 2019 Reveal?

I’ve been searching on internet for any release information of the new camaro lineup... and All I found was a really standard CBS tv show release... nothing else out there...we are talking about GM here! and they only did this incredible Shy reveal? it doesn’t make sense at all... even with Low GM budget every single reveal from GM last few years has been WAY larger...
Old 04-12-2018, 05:43 PM   #2
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
It's just a refresh? Not like they're revealing a new generation.

760RWHP Magnuson 1SS
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:00 AM   #3
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Its a lame duck refresh (nothing to offer) hence low key intro.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #4
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post
It's just a refresh? Not like they're revealing a new generation.

Its just a refresh that doesn't deserve a mention, and so there was no fanfare. Camaro should have skipped it and waited till 2020 and do a proper more than expected refresh with some content and much better visuals. AKA what Ford Mustang did in there 2018 refresh , even though I hate the Ford mustang.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #5
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Shhhh let's keep it a secret or it WILL KILL the Gen 7 Camaro.
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:37 PM   #6
checkmate427

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
Shhhh let's keep it a secret or it WILL KILL the Gen 7 Camaro.
I think gm is thing to kill the camaro, shouldn’t survive after this refresh
Old 04-15-2018, 02:55 PM   #7
Camaro Wolf

Drives: 2018 Bright yellow Camaro 2ss
GUYS it's only the SS that looks really bad (at least to me) but with the recent renderings of the fixed bowtie placement and the the front fender the same color as the rest it looked nice (again to me) if I buy one I will do the editing.
2018 Bright Yellow 2SS with grille insert and carbon fiber spoiler and insignia package black fender hash marks and other tuning parts/2017 Red Hot Corvette GS ZO7/2018 800+HP Summit White Camaro ZL1 1LE.
Camaro Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:32 PM   #8
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Wolf View Post
GUYS it's only the SS that looks really bad (at least to me) but with the recent renderings of the fixed bowtie placement and the the front fender the same color as the rest it looked nice (again to me) if I buy one I will do the editing.
but the Issue is the Mustang Refresh got lots of Media cover, events arround the world... It seems GM give a damn about the car with that Transformer ripoff no one asked for... is GM even listening to its costumers?
Old 04-16-2018, 05:01 PM   #9
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
That would be a , no
Old 04-16-2018, 05:28 PM   #10
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
but the Issue is the Mustang Refresh got lots of Media cover, events arround the world... It seems GM give a damn about the car with that Transformer ripoff no one asked for... is GM even listening to its costumers?
I have said from day 1 about the delay of the refresh and the lack of info before the refresh . It was never hyped prior to the release because there was nothing to hype about. It was a quiet release almost unannounced because again there was nothing to rave about. There was never any teasers leading up to the approximate month the refresh would be revealed. Camaro put its tail between its legs and kind of sneaks out with the refresh. Why bother with a poor refresh, sales have weakened and what was needed was a great refresh. And where is the lower content vehicles to make every model Camaro price competitive with the Mustang and Challenger. Camaro people should have taken there time and put together a worth while refresh for 2020.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:24 PM   #11
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
In the 2019 predictions thread I was one who was hoping for a low-cost V-8 Camaro. I was told by all the people here flamed actually that there is no market for that car and that General Motors is smart they know their market and there a billion $ company and if there was a market for that car they would have a car there. I was of the position that General Motors is not listening to there customers and that there would definitely be a market for a car like that. Now the refresh finally comes out and people are all saying General Motors doesn’t know anything , it’s ugly and they’re not listening to their customers. I find that interesting.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:31 AM   #12
awrj2000

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
How do you boost sales for the Next gen? Release a poor update that resembles the 2015 hood, 2012 tail lights, and an awful grill.

We all love these cars and have been excited at each release: more performance, better styling, faster shifting, infotainment, etc...

GM launched a dud on the performance side and "ok" looks on the lower tier. I'm sure they are thinking several things:
1- people looking for performance will move to the ZL1 instead of 2SS (etc models or boost next gen corvette sales)
2- Sales of the lower tier group should improve as this release is in favor of them
3- People that are diehard will keep there present Camaro and save for the next gen.

The lack of publicity shows only true fans (all of us ?) would really see the update...sitting at dealers.

All just my opinion...but I bet we all enjoy the next gen produced. I mean who wouldn't after this flop.
awrj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:46 AM   #13
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
I have said from day 1 about the delay of the refresh and the lack of info before the refresh . It was never hyped prior to the release because there was nothing to hype about. It was a quiet release almost unannounced because again there was nothing to rave about. There was never any teasers leading up to the approximate month the refresh would be revealed. Camaro put its tail between its legs and kind of sneaks out with the refresh. Why bother with a poor refresh, sales have weakened and what was needed was a great refresh. And where is the lower content vehicles to make every model Camaro price competitive with the Mustang and Challenger. Camaro people should have taken there time and put together a worth while refresh for 2020.

It sounds like you're a little salty that the 2019 V6 looks so damn good.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:12 AM   #14
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awrj2000 View Post
How do you boost sales for the Next gen? Release a poor update that resembles the 2015 hood, 2012 tail lights, and an awful grill.

We all love these cars and have been excited at each release: more performance, better styling, faster shifting, infotainment, etc...

GM launched a dud on the performance side and "ok" looks on the lower tier. I'm sure they are thinking several things:
1- people looking for performance will move to the ZL1 instead of 2SS (etc models or boost next gen corvette sales)
2- Sales of the lower tier group should improve as this release is in favor of them
3- People that are diehard will keep there present Camaro and save for the next gen.

The lack of publicity shows only true fans (all of us ?) would really see the update...sitting at dealers.

All just my opinion...but I bet we all enjoy the next gen produced. I mean who wouldn't after this flop.
Great opinion and explanation of how the refresh was indeed a misfire.