Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 01-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #43
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
Wow. Gotcha. Thanks man.

Side note since I just thought of this because the CAI location; where exactly is the V6 sound tube location. Tried to find it in the forums but no location. I think it’s the puck looking thing but not sure.
Driver side of engine. Light grey tube that connects to intake... all ridged.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:13 PM   #44
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Found this picture online. I thought it was the one o the right but you’re saying this one o the left?
Attached Images

My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:47 PM   #45
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
I had a misunderstanding. I got half the number of posts you do; clearly not new. So you’re saying you have LFX (old gen I’m assuming) and mine is LGX, yet VMAX doesn’t have LGX...hmm. Was wondering why it said LFX I assumed it mighta been a typo in their part.

Yea it may be about volume, but tuneless does neither any good.
I know it was a misunderstanding. I'm not saying you're new, I'm saying it's especially easy to spot newer guys on the forum because they post that same misunderstanding. Not a big deal. Easy to clear up.

Running on the stock tune means you're leaving power on the table, yes, but it doesn't hurt anything. Especially if you're trying to maintain your warranty, you can take the stock tune pretty far for bolt ons. On the flip side you can tune a completely stock car and still get good gains. Goes both ways but a tune isn't vital unless you're changing something substantial.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:15 PM   #46
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Found this picture online. I thought it was the one o the right but you’re saying this one o the left?
One to the far right. Remember, i said with ridges on it.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 01-28-2018, 06:56 PM   #47
NY Andrew

Hah I KNOW you said rigids (and there’s a couple), but how you even get that one off? Same way SS one, just yank it off? The tube closest to us or on the other end of the puck towards driver side? Or is the foam in between the puck?
Old 01-29-2018, 06:24 AM   #48
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Hah I KNOW you said rigids (and there’s a couple), but how you even get that one off? Same way SS one, just yank it off? The tube closest to us or on the other end of the puck towards driver side? Or is the foam in between the puck?
RE-Read the post above. RIDGED is not the same as RIGID.

check the diy forum for removal.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:13 AM   #49
NY Andrew

That was a typo....

Search all forums there’s no explanation how to do it on V6. Even in the main sound tube forum I searched through.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:20 PM   #50
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
That was a typo....

Search all forums there’s no explanation how to do it on V6. Even in the main sound tube forum I searched through.
this is where you have to realize that its basically the same simple concept on all of the cars...v6, v8. its a tube that's bolted on the car, and simply clipped on the intake. not exactly rocket science.

there has been quite a few posts about removal one was in the DIY forum. you don't have to search all, just that one. truthfully its one of those "so easy a caveman can do it" things...its not really hard to just simply look at it, and see what needs to be removed to remove it.

you gotta eventually take some initiative here.

Tags
cold air intake, throttle body