Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-15-2017, 11:27 PM   #1
Antbox530

Drives: 2013 1LE
Damn mustangs

I've only had my car for a week and every time I see a mustang they always do a ricer fly by. It's literally already happened 3 times.
Antbox530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:35 PM   #2
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
just look over and
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:12 AM   #3
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
just relax and laugh at the twat..you know you have a far better car..i see a uk mustang video on the you tube yesterday...the idiots reving them and trying to impress folks that know nothing about cars.
i just laugh at them..even though i own a mustang..i can assure you it will be my last ever one..utter pos with weak motor and suspension from a go cart..if i could get my 2013 ss i would in a heartbeat.
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:35 AM   #4
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
You should just accelerate and keep them looking at your tail lights...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:37 AM   #5
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
I live is southern California thats every 15min that happens. On my way to work tonight I had one do that and get pulled over by police. To be fair to the cops there was a crowed close by #nocrowedsurfingformustang
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:49 AM   #6
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
I live is southern California thats every 15min that happens. On my way to work tonight I had one do that and get pulled over by police. To be fair to the cops there was a crowed close by #nocrowedsurfingformustang
I think you meant to type crowd...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:30 AM   #7
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
I think you meant to type crowd...
I hate this phone and its nazi auto type function. It just inserts words that have nothing to do with the sentence im typing at all. I have to prof read every post for 20min befor I post it.........i have a ageing Nokia Lumia 1520 windows phone. If it was not for the 15 hour battery life I would of replaced it already

I like only 2 mustang's the 4eyes fox body that had the turbo 4 banger mostly because the Huber performance one I saw in hot rod mag. And the new 4 banger turbo. I don't know why. Just the idea of a 4banger turbo in that car just feels right to me. Or a inline 6 turbo.
Every time a see a mustang club on the street there all going 10under the speed limit witch around my area is annoying the speed limit is already 35mph and they all rev there motors to redline.
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:07 AM   #8
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
they either dont do it here or i just dont notice/care.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:47 AM   #9
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
they either dont do it here or i just dont notice/care.
For the most part, it's the same thing here with the exception of a couple jerks that you would see all the time.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:56 AM   #10
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Hell since I took my mufflers off if I don't look over I don't even hear them anymore...but even here in backwoods MD you have the 'stang farts almost every time they drive by...if you can get over the laser envy stares ROFL....heck I even have old timers in 'vette's give me the "look at me as I rev my car" drive bys...too funny!!!
Old 04-16-2017, 08:23 AM   #11
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
When most stangs hear my car if I decide to open it up just a little I think they wet themselves as challenges just don't seem to come, I look at like this....their ego cant take the loss as just like A holes everyone has one..... even fat little Debbie....

And unfortunately now so do many have Camaros and if they do not represent well it shames us all. I absolutely hate tailgaters, and wreck-less drivers and Honda boys with their fart cans and 90 degree cambers and really it is funny to me to embarrass them when ever I can with out getting into trouble. Ride my Arse I might as well think about bodily violence to you from threatening mine that's how it goes in the real world.

People are just too rude now, such narcissist its incredible. And there is a big difference from being able drive fast and drive fast quickly many just do not learn. I am just happy to keep up with the other rich guys supercharged money pits be it a car that 100k or some ones nutted out yesteryear muscle car. I know my place in the food chain and it pretty high up there now but I do try to be humble and drive like just about anyone else not some obsessed jerk.

Now if I happen to go fast quicker than those around me that's because of the performance of my car even with out getting on it or "burning rubber", because life is not a competition its a experience and its fun to see the wankers on the side of the road with the flashing lights because they do endanger lives.

And the only time I can be determined to be really wreck less is in trying to get away from one of them. From a old motorhead; for my 2 cents performance always started with the brakes. I live about a mile from the busiest road in Oregon miles of commercial strip malls and such called Lancaster drive, I can hear the fart trumpets wailing in my yard to show how fast they can go in a crowd or should I say how loud they can fart and 99% are a embarrassment mobile I could not sell fast enough or rip the fart cans off fast enough either...its really a funny fat and the furious out there just to get to wally world.....ROFL
Old 04-17-2017, 07:41 AM   #12
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
If you go read the Mustang Forums, they complain about the same thing happening to them by Camaro drivers.

I'm sure it's a prevalent practice done by drivers who have nothing else to do, regardless of what kind of car they are driving. Just shrug it off.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #13
warriordave927
Deadpool

Drives: 2016 camaro lt rs m6 redhot
The only mustangs i ever get it from are v8's i drive a v6 but for the most part i always get pickup trucks and suvs wanting to race me,im like what the f@&%, i know not everybody has the luxury of a sports car but come on go play gran turismo if you want to race so badly and pretty much every camaro i see just waves or nods
warriordave927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:39 AM   #14
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Mustangs are junk.

I look down on them all the time. They're by far slower than Camaro's and need tens of thousands in modifications to keep up with stock Camaro's.

V6 Camaros are faster than 5.0's, look better and sound better too.

Whenever my Mustang's drove next to a Camaro on the street, my car would suddenly get mechanical issues. I found it really weird, but, then came to the realization that my Mustang's were alive in a way and deathly scared of Camaro's. It's crazy.

I've found ONLY Mustang owners drive like idiots. Just ignore them.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote