Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 04-25-2018, 02:49 PM   #603
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merzoc View Post
I gotta say that I personally do like what Ford has done with the new Mustang. At first I wasn't wild about the lower-front-end of the 2018 Mustang but it sure has grown on me. The rear-tail-lights are awesome how they curve inward (look far more aggressive).

I came across a young man yesterday in a 2018 Mustang GT who complimented my 2016/17 Camaro 2SS. I told him why I love his Mustang as well! I like the idea that it has the 10-speed now and I do like the look of them in person as much as the Gen-Six Camaro's!

After seeing pictures of the Camaro refresh, I'm very glad I have my current one and didn't wait because I don't think they did it right with the new one (but who knows time will tell to see it in person).

Hopefully soon enough I can take on a 2018 Mustang at the track! I put my Camaro in stealth after I passed him (while at a red) and tried to listen to his exhaust (from the YT video's I've come across they sound just like our Six Gen SS's but a slightly different tone).

I didn't get to hear it because he was driving too slow but still nice looking in person. It's nice to get compliments (even though 99.9999999% of them are from non Camaro owners while the Camaro owners just drive on by without any friendly gestures).

PS - I might be test-driving one soon enough just to experience it, but my loyalty stays with the Camaro / Corvette / SS
The Mustangs have always had a pretty damn good exhaust sound, even for a factory setup. That's really one of my favorite things about the Mustang period. I just could never understand the decision by GM to neuter the sounds on the Camaro.

I too, also love the rear setup on the Mustang. It looks aggressive, unlike the Malibu-inspired rearend we have. It's not like it's super terrible, but man...it's just not as good as the 5th gen rear even...
Old 04-25-2018, 03:11 PM   #604
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
The Mustangs have always had a pretty damn good exhaust sound, even for a factory setup. That's really one of my favorite things about the Mustang period. I just could never understand the decision by GM to neuter the sounds on the Camaro.

I too, also love the rear setup on the Mustang. It looks aggressive, unlike the Malibu-inspired rearend we have. It's not like it's super terrible, but man...it's just not as good as the 5th gen rear even...
I agree with the sound. If I had to pick I would take the dual exhaust employed in the 18 Mustang over the Camaro. It sounds like the system is louder overall.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:19 PM   #605
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
I agree with the sound. If I had to pick I would take the dual exhaust employed in the 18 Mustang over the Camaro. It sounds like the system is louder overall.
They sound good when stock. But the drone when you put an aftermarket system on is horrible. I mean unbearable. I did the MBRP Race system on mine and it droned like crazy. I mean, headache levels. And it was a common problem among all the aftermarket exhaust systems. A buddy of mine did an axle-back and then threw the Ford Racing X-pipe on and it was soo bad that he took the X-pipe back off. LOL!! Those engines just drone. And it is especially bad at highway speeds because that is the RPM range where the drone is most pronounced.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:36 AM   #606
Swayse

Drives: GTPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
They sound good when stock. But the drone when you put an aftermarket system on is horrible. I mean unbearable. I did the MBRP Race system on mine and it droned like crazy. I mean, headache levels. And it was a common problem among all the aftermarket exhaust systems. A buddy of mine did an axle-back and then threw the Ford Racing X-pipe on and it was soo bad that he took the X-pipe back off. LOL!! Those engines just drone. And it is especially bad at highway speeds because that is the RPM range where the drone is most pronounced.
I've got catless American Racing Headers and Corsa Extreme exhaust on my mustang, very loud on the outside, no drone at all on the inside. You can hear the exhaust cruising, but it's a nice comforting sound, relaxing. It's not a muscle car sound, at all, more of the higher pitched exhaust, and I think that's the key to the no drone. It fits the car though, near 8,000 rpm shifts sounds really good.
Swayse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:29 AM   #607
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
I pick up my 18 mustang 10 speed today. Teaded in my charger daytna 392.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:38 AM   #608
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
I did the MBRP Race system on mine
There's your problem. MBRP drones in general..a buddy of mine had one on his 2010 5.7 Challenger R/T and it droned like crazy.

My work partner has a 2016 A6 GT with the Borla S type exhaust and it doesn't drone a single bit, in any RPM range.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:00 PM   #609
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
I pick up my 18 mustang 10 speed today. Teaded in my charger daytna 392.
Let us know how you like the 18 in comparison to the Daytona. I test drove a few Daytonas a year or so back and loved them.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:01 PM   #610
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
There's your problem. MBRP drones in general..a buddy of mine had one on his 2010 5.7 Challenger R/T and it droned like crazy.

My work partner has a 2016 A6 GT with the Borla S type exhaust and it doesn't drone a single bit, in any RPM range.
Exactly, the MBRP are known for drone.

There are plenty of systems that have no noticeable drone.
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 02:37 PM   #611
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanicus View Post
Exactly, the MBRP are known for drone.

There are plenty of systems that have no noticeable drone.
I have MBRP on my ZL1 and there is virtually no drone. On all of mu Mustangs that had OHC engines they droned no matter what exhaust I put on. I had Cherry Bomb, Pypes, Flowmasters, MBRP, and others. And they were paired with stock cats, HF cats, no cats, ST headers, LT headers, you name it. They all droned. Maybe the Corsa doesn't drone, I don't know. But at the time I had my 15 GT the Corsa system was more than twice as much as the MBRP was. And I have this thing where I'm not paying over a thousand dollars (or even close to it for that matter) for a catback.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:20 PM   #612
modru2004

Drives: 2018 2ss
Quote:
I have MBRP on my ZL1 and there is virtually no drone. On all of mu Mustangs that had OHC engines they droned no matter what exhaust I put on. I had Cherry Bomb, Pypes, Flowmasters, MBRP, and others. And they were paired with stock cats, HF cats, no cats, ST headers, LT headers, you name it. They all droned. Maybe the Corsa doesn't drone, I don't know. But at the time I had my 15 GT the Corsa system was more than twice as much as the MBRP was. And I have this thing where I'm not paying over a thousand dollars (or even close to it for that matter) for a catback.
when i had my mustang gt i went through multiple exhausts trying to find one that didn't drone. finally landed on the corsa. sounded great and didn't drone. i should have just spent the money to begin with and bought the corsa (pricey).
modru2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #613
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Another one bites the dust!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102509

And that rattle seems to be common.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:23 PM   #614
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
those are all the bottom of the barrel when it comes to exhaust and they sound like shit.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:36 PM   #615
Swayse

Drives: GTPP
Quote:
Corsa catback on my 99 LS1 trans am droned, stock manifolds and cats. Wasn't very loud either.
Swayse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:26 AM   #616
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

A GT with boost, X-pipe, GT350 IM, stock manifolds and catback, and suspension/brake/tire upgrades would be pretty cool.