Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 06-22-2016, 03:56 PM   #29
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandX View Post
Stock shifter is one of the best I have ever had in a car......With all the componets that have to be removed....I think most will leave the stock shifter in there....

The knobs do not match the character of the car.........I paid over 40 K for a modern leather interior.....why would I want to put a tacky white ball, classic or not, or a redneck style pistol grip in this car.....Hurst you can do better.....How about a nice leather t-handle or a knob similar to stock with better recesses for fingers. The new Camaro has moved upmarket and the parts should reflect that.

I'll pass on this and I think most others will too!
+1
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #30
HurstPerformance

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschons74 View Post
Thanks for developing this! Any chance we would be able to install our own knob with this kit?
Not at the moment, but we could certainly make another version that would accommodate the stock knob if we receive a lot of interest in this option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma81 View Post
For me , it's not the time and difficulty of the install. its having to remove it because there is something flawed with the design. If this one is loud what is tech support gonna tell me this time? "Turn the radio up"??
Noise is a thing of the past. It took a lot of work to make sure that this shifter did not increase NVH and we are proud to say that our Billet Plus shifter for the 2016 Camaro is as quiet as the factory shifter.
HurstPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:13 PM   #31
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Ditto on the mechanical feel of the shifter. I really did like the look of the shifter handle and white knob on the one in my 2010 Camaro SS. Looked retro and old school!!
Old 06-22-2016, 05:30 PM   #32
TBills66

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I would really like one of the shifters but I like the stock look inside of the car. I know the ball is classic Hurst but just think they look a little out of place.
TBills66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:57 PM   #33
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
While the stock shifter isn't bad for stock, it leaves A LOT to be desired...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:22 PM   #34
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Agreed I do like the stock shifter that we have. I think Chevy did a good job on the design and looks. IMO it is better than the previous shifters in the past Camaros but could be improved. Maybe the new ZL1 shifter will be better and Chevy will offer it for sale for an upgrade to keep the stock look in our SS Camaros.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:37 PM   #35
HurstPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
While the stock shifter isn't bad for stock, it leaves A LOT to be desired...
That's where we come in.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #36
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
I just have a problem taking a brand new car apart to that extent. Never take a new car apart if it doesn't need it for a recall or catostorophic failure.

I love Hurst gear shifts but your engineers need to come up with a less intrusive way to change it.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:26 PM   #37
1hevy_chevy

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2016 6M 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
Hey people, give the folks at Hurst a break! At least they are thinking of us new Camaro owners with new products like shifters, etc. If you don't want to buy one then don't slam their product. Buy a different brand. Hurst shifters are always noisy. I had one in my 2010 Camaro SS and it was no exception. Even had one in a 1987 Camaro IROC Z and it was noisy too. My 98 Camaro SS had a GMPP shifter which was made by Hurst and noisy too. It's just the nature of their shifters.

RT. Don't slam a quality company for something you're not willing to do in the first place. Stick with your stock shifters and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2016, 05:43 PM   #38
HurstPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I just have a problem taking a brand new car apart to that extent. Never take a new car apart if it doesn't need it for a recall or catostorophic failure.

I love Hurst gear shifts but your engineers need to come up with a less intrusive way to change it.
Unfortunately, the removal/install process is due to the way that the vehicle was designed. In order to remove your factory shifter, you must follow the steps outlined in our video. Once removed, the installation of our Billet Plus shifter is pretty straight forward.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:23 PM   #39
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
I'll take the redneck Texas pistol grip thank you. It will remind of the old 440 6-pack 'Cuda.

Will the part be on the website with pricing tomorrow?
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:40 AM   #40
HurstPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
I'll take the redneck Texas pistol grip thank you. It will remind of the old 440 6-pack 'Cuda.

Will the part be on the website with pricing tomorrow?
It doesn't look like they are live on the site yet, but these shifters are now available. If you'd like, give us a call at 707-544-4761 and we can get you all of the pricing info. We are running an instant rebate all month long as well, so be sure to mention it to the sales rep that you speak with.

Old 07-01-2016, 05:34 PM   #41
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Ordered thanks! I'll try to do an install video.
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:39 PM   #42
Uf28denied

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
**** outta here!!!! Take the whole car apart to change a shifter??? Stock works for me!!!
Uf28denied is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016, camaro ss, hurst, shifter