Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-21-2015, 04:13 PM   #1
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
***NFL Off-Season*** (part 2)

Last one got out of hand with the deflate-gate.

Has anyone peeped this?
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...exempt&spell=1

NFL to drop tax exempt status.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:54 PM   #2
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post

Has anyone peeped this?

Wonder why?
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:55 PM   #3
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
In...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2015, 06:59 PM   #4
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
should have went ahead and made this the official 2015 NFL season thread.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:25 PM   #5
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
should have went ahead and made this the official 2015 NFL season thread.
2nd second!

My 2015 offseason questions, my answers in ():
- How many games into 2015 will Chip Kelly have before (if they do poor) Eagles fans get nasty? (5 games)
- Am I crazy, but can the Dallas Cowboys make the next step up? I may be drunk to have typed that.... (I think they can)
- Can Green Bay get over that epic choke in the NFC title game? (No, that's 2nd major choke in recent years)
- Anyone else think the Ravens, forget regular season, may be the best AFC playoff team? (Harbaugh is an amazing coach, tough out)
- Without really addressing the defense, can the Colts take another step forward even though they have Luck? (No)
- Peyton Manning's final year? (I think so)
- Biggest improvement team? (Texans?)

Fell free to post yours. I actually like talking football!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 05-21-2015, 08:16 PM   #6
Dmpsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post

My 2015 offseason questions, my answers in ():
- How many games into 2015 will Chip Kelly have before (if they do poor) Eagles fans get nasty? (5 games)

They'll be calling for Tebow after game 1 if it isn't a blowout because... Eagles fans.

- Am I crazy, but can the Dallas Cowboys make the next step up? I may be drunk to have typed that.... (I think they can)
Absolutely ... the Cowboys have the best line in the NFL right now (O-Line) without question... 3 of our starters are pro bowlers and under 25. The other 2 (one is a rookie who might get the nod for the start, might be a pro bowler) are beasts!

- Can Green Bay get over that epic choke in the NFC title game? (No, that's 2nd major choke in recent years)

Aaron Rodgers was hampered by injuries
So we'll see... doubt it though, I mean as long as they have him, they are Superbowl contenders.

- Anyone else think the Ravens, forget regular season, may be the best AFC playoff team? (Harbaugh is an amazing coach, tough out)
Best AFC playoff team? Hmm... Not too sure, I mean they're always going to be a playoff team but I don't see them being the absolute best with the Patriots and Colts in there.

- Without really addressing the defense, can the Colts take another step forward even though they have Luck? (No)

As long as Luck improves absolutely... they took Gore and Johnson so I think the Colts are trying EVERYTHING they can for this year before Andrew Luck's rookie contract is up. Once that Rookie Contract hits and he becomes the highest paid player in the NFL, I doubt they'll have much wiggle room for superstars to help him.

So to answer your question, yes, for the above reasons. The Colts are going to go all out this year.

More than likely, I mean John Elway nearly begged him to come back. No one wants to see Peyton fall flat on his face in the playoffs (again).

Shoot I'm excited to see what the Bills and Dolphins do this year. AFC East is the sleeper division this year for sure.

People are going to sleep on every team in that division that aren't the New England Patriots.

Fell free to post yours. I actually like talking football!
Hmm... I'm extremely anxious to see what the heck is going to happen with the Redskins this year, RG3 or McCoy?

Also, what the F is going to happen with Adrian Peterson? I honestly do feel like he'll suit up, shup and be a Viking. But I think he'll try to preserve himself this year and go out of bounds more, take less hits and avoid more contact in general. That way he can negotiate his way outta there...

I mean AP is a Viking under contract and they've said it 100 times themselves... that uh... he is a freaking Viking under contract and they have no intentions on moving him or trading him.

People thought there was going to be a move for him in the draft, I guess they were wrong, Vikings didn't budge.

I really want to see AP in a Dallas Cowboys jersey, but I guess that isn't a reality at this point... but more so a distant possibility
Old 05-21-2015, 08:31 PM   #7
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Hmm... I'm extremely anxious to see what the heck is going to happen with the Redskins this year, RG3 or McCoy?

Also, what the F is going to happen with Adrian Peterson? I honestly do feel like he'll suit up, shup and be a Viking. But I think he'll try to preserve himself this year and go out of bounds more, take less hits and avoid more contact in general. That way he can negotiate his way outta there...

I mean AP is a Viking under contract and they've said it 100 times themselves... that uh... he is a freaking Viking under contract and they have no intentions on moving him or trading him.

People thought there was going to be a move for him in the draft, I guess they were wrong, Vikings didn't budge.

I really want to see AP in a Dallas Cowboys jersey, but I guess that isn't a reality at this point... but more so a distant possibility
Great post! Like your thoughts, you are right about that Dallas line, great unit.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:40 AM   #8
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:

Has anyone peeped this?

Quote:
Wonder why?
Because in a Tax exempt organization you have to disclose your tax return and the officers salaries and after it got out the Roger Goodell makes 40 million plus people did the math and said if the owners will pay him that what do they actually make 50-100 million a year depending on the franchise success? Makes it hard to cry to the local and state governments that we dont make any money and you need to build us a stadium or we are leaving.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:02 AM   #9
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
2nd second!
It all really depends on how their offense flows to be honest. Assume that the Ravens had won that game in the playoffs. The Colts had already beaten the Ravens in the regular season pretty convincingly. The Ravens still dont really have enough weapons on offense, but that defense is still very, very good. No Holati Ngata though....will be missed on that defense..

Quote:
Colts finished 11th overall in defense. 14th in scoring defense. 12th in passing defense. 19th in rushing defense. This was without a legit pass rush, this was without Robert Mathis. This was with Arthur Jones missing half a season with an ankle injury.

They now have added Trent Cole (a very good, albeit older player) Kendall Langford is a bigger, younger, and faster version of Cory Redding. They added Nate Irving, who if healthy, is a huge upgrade at the LB position. Really, the only real question mark for the defense is a pass coverage linebacker.

We added a couple of D-Line players with the draft, and they are solid, if not great players. Oh, and we get Robert Mathis back too.... So...what didn't the Colts address?

The Colts real issue is and will continue to be being able to run the ball. If they can start forcing teams to actually honor the run, and actually run the ball more efficiently, more consistently.... that will benefit the defense far more..

Quote:
All depends on his health and how the team does...but I think he sticks around another year...to really smash the records...

Quote:
The Texans?!?!?!?!?! They dont even have a QB yet... they have Ryan Mallet and Hoyer...

I think you have to seriously look at a team like the Raiders....possibly the Jaguars...
Old 05-23-2015, 08:58 AM   #10
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
Biggest improvement team?

Raiders.

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:06 PM   #11
Dmpsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog View Post
Biggest improvement team?

Raiders.
They say that every year

Their division is too tough for them to really do anything in there.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:43 PM   #12
Muscle Car Lover

OTA's have started and the NE Patriots are taking resumes from local high schools (and Rutgers U) to try and find cornerbacks

Old 05-26-2015, 07:23 PM   #13
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Yeah, was so happy to see the practice pics from Dolphins OTA's and read the beat writers tweets on what's going on. Devante Parker seemed to still catch everything thrown his way, and even catch balls after being interfered with. Schooled Brent Grimes a few times. Suh was causing havoc in the backfield. Biggest concern for the fins (for me), is the oline. but then again, when you have wake and suh on the dline, it's hard to gauge just how bad the oline is. lol
Old 05-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #14
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Yeah, was so happy to see the practice pics from Dolphins OTA's and read the beat writers tweets on what's going on. Devante Parker seemed to still catch everything thrown his way, and even catch balls after being interfered with. Schooled Brent Grimes a few times. Suh was causing havoc in the backfield. Biggest concern for the fins (for me), is the oline. but then again, when you have wake and suh on the dline, it's hard to gauge just how bad the oline is. lol
You know any local Miami writers that do good off season and pre-season coverage? I always like to follow the divisional news and get fantasy ideas, thanks if you know any.