Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 11-01-2015, 10:21 PM   #57
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Yep, a few years ago I saw somebody wearing a shirt that said "Ford vs. Chevy... Who cares, let's just hate imports!!".
I would love to have that t-shirt
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:07 AM   #58
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavyas View Post
I would love to have that t-shirt
I googled it and found this...

http://www.cafepress.com/mf/25753527...litary%20green
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:24 AM   #59
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Hey... I am just happy both GM and Ford are around to pump out great cars. Just glad Gen 6 is on our side
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:45 AM   #60
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
Every "hp/l fanboy" should have a look at thoserollung start numbers in that magazine!
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:00 AM   #61
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Why two threads on the same subject folks? This one was started before this one...

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428091
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:11 AM   #62
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Why two threads on the same subject folks? This one was started before this one...

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428091
Probably because that was started in the 6th Gen vs. forum. I can't speak for anyone else but I never visit that place.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #63
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
No, the issue is this............as long as you can turn off the Camaro-ness in your head.........the Mustang is a better coupe. Most of the reviews are hitting on this point. It has better visibility, a better rear seat, and YES, a much bigger trunk. Also note that although the Camaro wins on Features, the Mustang also won on Fit and Finish. A lot of people that care enough to go on this site have already discounted the Mustang's margin in this area. But most of the people buying a sport coupe that don't care enough about Camaros to come on this site do care about those things.

I never expected the comparisons would be a unanimous Camaro trouncing of the Mustang, just that the Camaro would be the winner, and thus far that has been the case.

The tell will be if the Camaro can reclaim the sales lead it held for almost all of the last 6 years.

And yes, the Mustang is a pretty darn good car. It just lacks the LT1 HP.

That being said, I wouldn't even consider test driving a Mustang. Camaro means too much to me personally.
That did shock me a bit as how much more they liked the Mustang's interior. I feel like this review from the parts highlighted here was a pretty damn honest review. Had it not been for the amazing performance of the Camaro, the mustang may have won this head to head. And as you said, the "average buyer" does care about things like the interior and how useable the car is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
I think a lot of the scores in the first category come down to personal preference and size.

The common themes are... while the interior is nice, it feels smaller and the 2SS touch is nice but dosen't have the finess the Mustang seems to have. All of which are still personal preference.

Now the price comparison is a joke as the 2SS cleary is equipped with more. Remove the Auto, NPP, and MRC and the car is the same price as the Mustang. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Yes Mustang is a slightly roomier car, and that matters to the casual buyers and Mustang wins here. But performance wise, the Mustang lacks even with their track pack.

I will agree that even while the Camaros interior is a huge upgrade, some of the choices in placement and just overall size for storage missed the mark. Is it a deal breaker? Not for me... but again personal preference.

I do wonder about the center console screen and it's angle. Most comments around this come from people who are tall. The odd angle to eliminate glare just seems odd and it is something that may need to be addressed. I am a tall guy and see this as a potential complaint. But... I didn't get NAV, and do not plan to stare at the center screen while tearing up the road.

The back seat in the 5th gen was useless being a guy my size. I was never expecting the 6th gen to improve here and with the cars downsize, knew it would be a place that got cutdown.

Trunk space.... really? Maybe it's because I am a family guy now, but it will fit my bags and my wife's bags... what else is needed?

Window arm rest? Sure some people like to drive with their left limb hanging out. This again is a personal preference. I love that I sit low in the car like a cockpit. Just like the vette, which I can't get as I am to tall and my shoulders are to broad.

C&D really hates the interior of the 2016. But the handeling and raw power win the day. Yes I am a Camaro fanboi, but I am not blind to what Ford has done right. But I also do not think the issues people are trying to make with the Camaro relate to everyone.
Yes some of the choices are personal preference but seems to have been a common theme in the reviews that the Mustang is the "better" or preferred cockpit to be in when out cruising around or just our for a drive. This kind of shocked me as I thought for sure the Gen 6 would blow the mustang away in this department.

And the Camaro performance trounces the Mustang for sure. GM Built one hell of a performance car. Can't wait to see how Ford responds

[QUOTE=Imp;8714308]Golf clubs and bag!

This ^
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:08 AM   #64
GearBangr

Drives: 97Z,02TA
Wow! 4 seconds faster to 150! Camaro is running away from the Mustang.
GearBangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #65
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
That did shock me a bit as how much more they liked the Mustang's interior. I feel like this review from the parts highlighted here was a pretty damn honest review. Had it not been for the amazing performance of the Camaro, the mustang may have won this head to head. And as you said, the "average buyer" does care about things like the interior and how useable the car is.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the 5th gen Mustangs had better visibility, interior, trunk space, and straight line performance than the 5th gen Camaro right? So exactly how did it help that sales war? Seems to me being a "better sports coupe" has nothing to do with sales....for at least this market.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #66
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the 5th gen Mustangs had better visibility, interior, trunk space, and straight line performance than the 5th gen Camaro right? So exactly how did it help that sales war? Seems to me being a "better sports coupe" has nothing to do with sales....for at least this market.
The camaro rode the hot hand of being out of production followed with the huge media attention from transformers. It was the cool car to have at the time just as the New Edge mustang was the cool car to have at the time.

For a majority of those on these forums, performance matters, but for the every day Joe it's not the case. It's looks, technology, and price point. We'll see soon enough if the updates for the camaro in those categories are enough to retake the sales lead. These reviews are leaning the otherway though...
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:14 AM   #67
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
The camaro rode the hot hand of being out of production followed with the huge media attention from transformers. It was the cool car to have at the time just as the New Edge mustang was the cool car to have at the time.

For a majority of those on these forums, performance matters, but for the every day Joe it's not the case. It's looks, technology, and price point. We'll see soon enough if the updates for the camaro in those categories are enough to retake the sales lead. These reviews are leaning the otherway though...
Right, I don't think the majority of buyers in this segment are looking for the practical, logical choice. This gen sales war will be different for sure, but that doesn't mean looks/hype have been replaced by practicality.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:14 AM   #68
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
The 5th gen had a lot of hype and the fact that Mustangs had the market to themselves for 6 years led to an abundance of people wanting to be different.

And yes, the Transformer movies did contribute.

The late S197's were nice for being a very tired rehash of a 10 year old platform and design language. The ride was harsher than the 5th Gen, the interior was more boring to look at and so on.

Yet despite all that...it still was selling 7,000 or more Mustangs a month after 10 years and one drivetrain transition (so I guess you could call it a S197.5) The 5th Gen was at the end the sales were utterly collapsing after only 6 years.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:52 AM   #69
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
See below, they pretty much said everything I would have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The 5th gen had a lot of hype and the fact that Mustangs had the market to themselves for 6 years led to an abundance of people wanting to be different.

And yes, the Transformer movies did contribute.

The late S197's were nice for being a very tired rehash of a 10 year old platform and design language. The ride was harsher than the 5th Gen, the interior was more boring to look at and so on.

Yet despite all that...it still was selling 7,000 or more Mustangs a month after 10 years and one drivetrain transition (so I guess you could call it a S197.5) The 5th Gen was at the end the sales were utterly collapsing after only 6 years.

Those reasons are definitely part of it. I say most of it was pent up demand for the Camaro .

Quote:
Right, I don't think the majority of buyers in this segment are looking for the practical, logical choice. This gen sales war will be different for sure, but that doesn't mean looks/hype have been replaced by practicality.
Yes it will be different. Maybe I just expected to much out of the Camaro lol. I just expected being on the Alpha platform, with a much better interior than the 5th to get it some points over the Mustang especially in the few comments in the reviews about the Mustang being better to go driving in. Like I said maybe I just expected more out of it on that side.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:35 AM   #70
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Well it is pretty common for the magazine reviews to skew results to make the match up close. So while they have a formula for calculating the points based on performance/fuel economy, etc, it is pretty common to see them rate the subjective categories to make up ground for the car that doesn't measure up in other areas. Although the Mustang may well have an advantage in the listed areas, they claim the Mustang is 2 points better than the Camaro for fit and finish and 1 point better for exterior styling and rear seat comfort. I honestly believe that they tally the points and then adjust where they think they can do so reasonably to make it seem like its pretty close.