Old 05-08-2015, 09:29 PM   #631
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Old 05-08-2015, 09:33 PM   #632
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
You can ask that in another thread. One of the many others that that subject covers.
Oh ok, I will look for it. (not really)
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:34 PM   #633
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Exactly.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:36 PM   #634
PoorMansCamaro

I'm just saying, no need to make this thread a broken record, like every other football thread on c5
Old 05-08-2015, 09:38 PM   #635
PoorMansCamaro

Got a week to go, before the suspension/fine/loss of draft pick is announced (any combination of those or just one of those). I'm guessing Brady will be back just in time to play the Dolphins.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #636
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
It's weird because I have interacted with most people on this thread across many threads and everyone seems rational, smart, and cool overall. I am not blind to my own bias, but I think many of you are.

I don't accept anything about this at all. But at this point I am getting to wits end reading/thinking/getting angry about it.

If it's 2 game suspension, maybe just eat it and move on. Give the morons that figure this to be the worst thing since Pearl Harbor or Hurricane Katrina something to feel satisfied about. This is the most ridiculous thing I have been a witness to in 39 years on this planet, and yes I saw "Showgirls".

I could offer examples of all kinds of stuff that has gone on in the NFL that did not bat an eye nor draw all this attention, but no one cares. I actually only figured this out last night. People want mediocrity and dirt for whatever the reason.

With the evil balls that were deflated before game, at halftime the score was close and with the pristine NFL balls the game was a blowout. With the closest guarded balls of all time for the last Superbowl, the evil team won on a level playing field. Unless you folks want to argue that point, which I am sure the Pats had some unfair advantage or unicorns calling plays.

I really never had a grasp of how much the Patriots were hated until the C5 forum. I just don't frequent TV/Radio. Well if/when Brady gets suspended he is square with the house again. Then what. Better hope they just don't keep winning I guess.
First, I am a Colts fan, so you might think I'm upset because it's the Patriots. I'm not. We got our ass whipped in that game, these footballs weren't going to change the fact.

Second, whether he used slightly underinflated footballs or not, he's still one of the league's best QB's (Brady).

However, my issue with this is that it is obvious he lied about it. This would be like your wife or mom taking your car keys from you and taking your car for a joy ride without you knowing about it. You really think someone is going to do this with Tom "anal about my footballs" Brady? I just can't fall for that. Tom Brady knew what was being done and got caught. Hell, even Belichick threw him under the bus as well.

There have been reports about how the Patriots have such an insanely low fumble rate as well....things like lower pressure footballs would help immensely with that. Can I prove it? No. However, hearing that the balls have been doctored would certainly lend credibility to that line of thought.

Lastly, the whole Bountygate scandal was never proven to ever benefit the Saints in anyway on the field in terms of what they did. Was it unethical and against the rules? Absolutely. Was everyone doing this? I'd wager most teams were to some extent. Was it something every football player wants to do? Probably if you like hitting people. The point is, the Saints still had 4 players suspended, a defensive coach suspended for a year and a half...and their head coach for a season, not to mention fines. Something that you do that offers a clear advantage IN a game such as altering the football, pumping in crowd noise, etc... those deserve what ever punishment comes their way...

And very much lastly, because it is the Patriots, and because of Spygate, the NFL is going to have to come down a bit harder on them. I say give Brady 6 games....he serves 4 after appeal.....I hit the team with a massive fine...and I would go after a draft pick..
Old 05-08-2015, 09:54 PM   #637
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
With the evil balls that were deflated before game, at halftime the score was close and with the pristine NFL balls the game was a blowout. With the closest guarded balls of all time for the last Superbowl, the evil team won on a level playing field. Unless you folks want to argue that point, which I am sure the Pats had some unfair advantage or unicorns calling plays.
The thing you are overlooking is this....the low pressure football made it easier to hold on to while it was raining, easier to catch while raining, and much harder to drop while raining.

Yes, the Patriots won the game handily in the second half, but had they played with the balls properly inflated in the first half, would they have scored like they did? Would they have had drive success like they did? It's all completely possible that they would have and nothing changes. It's also completely possible that they fumble the ball a few times....maybe 1 or 2 passes get bobbled/tipped/intercepted more than the 1 Brady threw.....

You can call me a bitter fan if you want... a hater...whatever.... but the Pats cheated in a game they didn't even have to try to win.....and they got caught. The Colts, while being my team, and I like any other fan, want them to win every year, were playing with house money. They werent supposed to beat Denver....and they did.

Let's just say this....if they did it for the game against the Colts, who's to say it wasn't also done for the game against the Ravens? Something like this that gives a distinct advantage to one team better than the other is something that deserves to be punished regardless of WHO it is...
Old 05-08-2015, 11:04 PM   #638
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
It's weird because I have interacted with most people on this thread across many threads and everyone seems rational, smart, and cool overall. I am not blind to my own bias, but I think many of you are.

I've been pretty vocal about this in this thread, and if you've seen me post before, you know I'm pretty passionate about the things I discuss.

Honestly, I have no pony in this race. I think Brady is a very good QB, though not the greatest of all time. That's a discussion for another thread.

What I do care about is right and wrong. Whether it's been Ray Lewis, Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson.....lots of things outside of football. I value integrity.

And, I believe I'm consistent in those beliefs. I wasn't sad to see Browner go because of his PED issue, and how the 4 game suspensions hurt our team. I'm the type of person that wouldn't make illegal modifications to my one-design sailboat to reduce weight/make it non-standard...and would protest anyone I found out was doing so. I dislike auto racers that try to bend the rules.

I know you find it hard to believe your favorite QB (and look, we all have one or two we love) would go and so such a thing...I'd love to know WHY he felt the need to do it. The guy has a perfect life, and finds a way to really mess it up by breaking the rules. But when you look at the report, it's hard not to see that he was involved with McNally in putting a needle into the balls to deflate them AFTER they had been officially checked. WHY THE HELL WOULD HE DO THAT??

It's like when people speed, then blame the cop for giving them a ticket. Anything but taking responsibility for breaking the rules. Brady just got a ticket...he'll be fined (well, suspended really) and he'll go back to being the starting QB unless Jimmy G. is spectacular.

Also, can we please get off the notion that this was just about deflating balls in one game? The texts go back to October, so it was likely something that was going on all season...perhaps multiple seasons. That gets into the question of how many points deflating a ball would give/save you (from turnovers and easier to catch balls). 3 points a game? 7 points a game? Turnovers are the main indicator of who wins a game, and the Patriots did have a VERY low incidence of fumbles compared to the rest of the league.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:30 PM   #639
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Old 05-09-2015, 11:52 AM   #640
PoorMansCamaro

Dolphins going to rock a 1966 throwback alternate uniform on Monday night vs the giants. so awesome! Celebrating 50 seasons.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #641
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Dolphins going to rock a 1966 throwback alternate uniform on Monday night vs the giants. so awesome! Celebrating 50 seasons.
Just read that. Sounds cool AF...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #642
PoorMansCamaro

I think i'm going to pre order 2 of those books next Friday.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:18 PM   #643
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
While we are all piling on Tom, whether he was involved in deflating footballs or not, he's still just a dick.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:47 PM   #644
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Brady suspended 4 games, Pats lose 1st round 2016 pick, 4th round 2017 pick
Patriots fined $ 1 Million dollars.

Last edited by AZCamaroFan; 05-11-2015 at 05:00 PM.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote