Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-10-2015, 05:22 PM   #253
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiocamaro View Post
I don't see why they having a hard time, there little modification that's needed and without them it fits pretty good, I had issue in the marker area and the fender gap but that will be getting fix this weekend. Besides that I think it looks fineAttachment 715274
My bumper might be defective I'm not sure.

Because they said in the front middle of the bumper at the very top. Basically right above where the emblem in your grille is.

They said that it folds, it's just unstable or something. Can't seem to figure out why, but they've been at it for a few days with little luck.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #254
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Drives: 2012 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post

Because they said in the front middle of the bumper at the very top. Basically right above where the emblem in your grille is.

They said that it folds, it's just unstable or something. Can't seem to figure out why, but they've been at it for a few days with little luck.
Same answer I got from the shop that assured me they could do mine. Since then I've worked on it. A hairdryer does wonders for heating the urethane up and shaping it.

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Audio Mods: Rockford Fosgate P3 12", Rockford Fosgate 1000w amp

Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404436
Uhoh5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:53 PM   #255
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Drives: yellow camaro, black stripes
Quote:

Mine did same but once I put the grill on it was fine. Or maybe they will need to reenforce
Reggiocamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:25 PM   #256
Dmpsix

Quote:
Mine did same but once I put the grill on it was fine. Or maybe they will need to reenforce
I hope that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhoh5oh View Post
Same answer I got from the shop that assured me they could do mine. Since then I've worked on it. A hairdryer does wonders for heating the urethane up and shaping it.
Yeah I'm rooting for a quick and easy fix. Tony from Rideskinz is going to speak with them Monday and figure out what's going on.

It's been 2 weeks without my Camaro and I've seriously had 2 dreams about me driving my car already I miss her!
Old 05-10-2015, 06:27 PM   #257
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Quote:
I hope that's the case.

Yeah I'm rooting for a quick and easy fix. Tony from Rideskinz is going to speak with them Monday and figure out what's going on.

It's been 2 weeks without my Camaro and I've seriously had 2 dreams about me driving my car already I miss her!
I've got my fingers crossed for you. I've learned there is nothing quick about this bumper. Putting in the time and work will be worth it though.

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Old 05-10-2015, 07:21 PM   #258
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
What did you end up doing afterall with the bumper?

I've taken my bumper to 2 shops and they both warned me it wouldn't work.
So I ended up taking it to one of the most expensive shops in San Antonio.

They called me Friday letting me know that the bumper install is so far unsuccessful, that it keeps folding in the very center and basically said that after it's all said and done. My bumper in particular "will not come out the way it was intended to."

This is very disappointing :/
I gave up, sold it for 1/3 of the price, lost all the labor costs. Bought a used SS bumper and threw it on. The shop I took it to said that the bumper was awful and would never fit flush. Sure enough, he got it close, but around the side markers in particular never fit flush. I had faith in the shop, and still do, as they made my MPD hood and spoiler fitting perfectly, the former of which took some adjustment. Hopefully all of you have better luck than I did, but I got burned on both my aggressor attempts.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:46 PM   #259
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
I gave up, sold it for 1/3 of the price, lost all the labor costs. Bought a used SS bumper and threw it on. The shop I took it to said that the bumper was awful and would never fit flush. Sure enough, he got it close, but around the side markers in particular never fit flush. I had faith in the shop, and still do, as they made my MPD hood and spoiler fitting perfectly, the former of which took some adjustment. Hopefully all of you have better luck than I did, but I got burned on both my aggressor attempts.
Damn that sucks
Old 05-10-2015, 09:44 PM   #260
Dmpsix

Quote:
and what did Rideskinz say or do for you!?

They wouldn't reimburse you?
Old 05-10-2015, 09:56 PM   #261
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Quote:
and what did Rideskinz say or do for you!?

They wouldn't reimburse you?
The page said they won't once it's touch pretty much

Last edited by Reggiocamaro; 05-11-2015 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:46 AM   #262
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
After the Aggressor I, Tony provided a discount on the II, but that was all. In his defense, I didn't go to him after the II also was unable to work, so he did not have an opportunity to make it right for me. At that point, I was just done with it and wanted to cut my losses and move on.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #263
Dmpsix

Quote:
The page said they won't once it's touch pretty much
Yeah that sucks, this shop already cut the middle parts out.

Quote:
After the Aggressor I, Tony provided a discount on the II, but that was all. In his defense, I didn't go to him after the II also was unable to work, so he did not have an opportunity to make it right for me. At that point, I was just done with it and wanted to cut my losses and move on.
Dang I hope that doesn't happen here. It's kind of hard to reach Tony same day, he normally responds within a few business days. This shop that I took my car to is pretty hands on with the customer as well. They're always contacting me with updates. I love it...

Been waiting a few days for a response from Tony, because the next few days after I got my bumper. I told Tony there was a hole in the lower lip, and a half dollar sized bubble in the middle portion of it. He said it was fine and a shop should handle it no problem, that he didn't think the bumper was defective.

Now I'm thinking exactly that... that the bumper is defective.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:52 AM   #264
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Does anyone else have pictures?
Old 05-12-2015, 12:00 PM   #265
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

I've got pics of the work I'm doing on mine. Many more to come. The sanding is pretty much done. Will be doing a test fitting this weekend. Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1431449900155.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  236.5 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1431449930419.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  155.4 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1431449954901.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  101.8 KB

Old 05-12-2015, 12:06 PM   #266
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhoh5oh View Post
I've got pics of the work I'm doing on mine. Many more to come. The sanding is pretty much done. Will be doing a test fitting this weekend. Attachment 715786Attachment 715787Attachment 715788
Damn, why u sanding all it off