AWE Tuning

Old 01-16-2015, 02:55 PM   #211
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Soooo your point?

And can a person post where they please? Alot of Ford ppl do the same who cares , as long as the person isn't breaking rules!
The point was, Ford built the GT350R because they knew there were diehard Ford fans who would be ecstatic to buy a Ford product that matched or beat GM's z/28. LOWDOWN, ooopps, I mean, Seven asked why the GT350R was made.

I agree as long as no rules are broken, post what you want where you want. I just thought it was funny that Joe spends an awful lot of time in threads related to non-GM vehicles. Typically, when one product is better than another, it's a given and you should not need to spend any time promoting it.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:46 PM   #212
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
The point was, Ford built the GT350R because they knew there were diehard Ford fans who would be ecstatic to buy a Ford product that matched or beat GM's z/28. LOWDOWN, ooopps, I mean, Seven asked why the GT350R was made.

Seven was saying that the Z/28 is relevant for the same reason why the GT350R is! This is why I didn't get what you was trying to say!

I agree as long as no rules are broken, post what you want where you want. I just thought it was funny that Joe spends an awful lot of time in threads related to non-GM vehicles. Typically, when one product is better than another, it's a given and you should not need to spend any time promoting it.
Alright! But if Seven is stating facts than I don't see a reason the person cannot!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:09 PM   #213
DivineStrike

Drives: 05 Ranger Fx4, VW GTI, CBR600RR
Lol at this bickering going back and forth between who started the track wars. Pony was the Mustang way back in the day. Especially with the first Boss or even the original Mustang GT. But hey ya know GM had the Vette long before. So can we stop with the bickering about who started the little track wars? It's been back and forth since the beginning of each model.

IMO in regards to the ZL1, that was more of a GT500 competitor, not really a "track" car so to speak. Sure ya can but it was built for the GT500. In recent years it was the BOSS 302 trying to beat the M3 that really sparked things off. And since then GM has gained ground and is currently winning that war. We will have to see what this new GT350 can do. It looks promising...it's exciting to see these times where we have these wars. Especially with a new camaro is also right around the corner. I will also have to say, there hasn't been a time where the track wars have been so ongoing than now.

I think we can all thank Top Gear and all other Euro companies for this track war as well they love calling american cars junk that can go fast in a straight line but can't turn.
DivineStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:44 PM   #214
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineStrike View Post
Lol at this bickering going back and forth between who started the track wars. Pony was the Mustang way back in the day. Especially with the first Boss or even the original Mustang GT. But hey ya know GM had the Vette long before. So can we stop with the bickering about who started the little track wars? It's been back and forth since the beginning of each model.

IMO in regards to the ZL1, that was more of a GT500 competitor, not really a "track" car so to speak. Sure ya can but it was built for the GT500. In recent years it was the BOSS 302 trying to beat the M3 that really sparked things off. And since then GM has gained ground and is currently winning that war. We will have to see what this new GT350 can do. It looks promising...it's exciting to see these times where we have these wars. Especially with a new camaro is also right around the corner. I will also have to say, there hasn't been a time where the track wars have been so ongoing than now.

I think we can all thank Top Gear and all other Euro companies for this track war as well they love calling american cars junk that can go fast in a straight line but can't turn.

Hahaha... Like Chevy and Ford it'll never stop!
Old 01-16-2015, 08:30 PM   #215
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
1LE+LS7= Affordable Z/28.

The Z/28 GM did decide to do was just ego stroking. Very very effective, but also very very irrelevant
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
Two points:

1) There was a finite number of LS7s available that, if fitted to a 1LE-style package with a mid-$50s price, would have been exhausted in the first moments of open ordering. The proof of that? What's the current inventory level for the Z/28 after the Christmas Bonus 20% discount Sale?

2) If the Z/28 is so irrelevant, then why is it's "answer" the GT350-R?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Seven asked why the GT350R was made.
Seven didn't ask why it was built, Seven wanted to know why, if SIL thought the Z/28 was irrelevant, Ford would bother with such an even more irrelevant response, to be built in even fewer numbers than the Z/28. But you knew that, didn't you?

BTW, "finite number" means the number of LS7s available for production Z/28s was much smaller than what a "1LE + LS7" price point demand would have been, so the Team added content (and cost) to move the Price - Demand curves to equal the number of LS7s available and, not insignificantly, to achieve the BENCHMARK performance they did. Selling an intended 1.5 year model run out in a day and a half would have perplexed far more people than the $75,000 tag did. The "benchmark" would have been focused on MSRP instead of its overall capabilities. And the GT350s (all versions) would be less than what they'll be.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:34 PM   #216
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
nice
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:42 PM   #217
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Seven didn't ask why it was built, Seven wanted to know why, if SIL thought the Z/28 was irrelevant, Ford would bother with such an even more irrelevant response, to be built in even fewer numbers than the Z/28. But you knew that, didn't you?

BTW, "finite number" means the number of LS7s available for production Z/28s was much smaller than what a "1LE + LS7" price point demand would have been, so the Team added content (and cost) to move the Price - Demand curves to equal the number of LS7s available and, not insignificantly, to achieve the BENCHMARK performance they did. Selling an intended 1.5 year model run out in a day and a half would have perplexed far more people than the $75,000 tag did. The "benchmark" would have been focused on MSRP instead of its overall capabilities. And the GT350s (all versions) would be less than what they'll be.
Well, regardless of why GM did it, let's just be glad they did. We, the consumers benefit from the corporate penis measuring. The z/28 had its 15 minutes of fame, now it looks like it is the GT350R's turn. Some just can't handle it.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:18 PM   #218
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Why build the GT350R, or the Z/28? Because it is a way for auto companies to showcase and test technologies that will show up in more common vehicles later. I've also always thought it was a way to reward engineers who did a great job on something incredibly boring.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:32 AM   #219
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
Why build the GT350R, or the Z/28? Because it is a way for auto companies to showcase and test technologies that will show up in more common vehicles later. I've also always thought it was a way to reward engineers who did a great job on something incredibly boring.

Yup!

Quote:

exactly what I said!
Old 01-17-2015, 01:46 AM   #220
Aaron313

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
I founded that the ZL1 was revealed Feb 2011 and the Boss LS Nov 2011.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1NwSWhaXKvw

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...angs-revealed/

I wasn't referring to the LS but just to the boss its self and found renderings of it dating back to August of 2010. I didn't look up the ZL1 but I could remember clearly hearing and reading about the boss mustangs before the z had been revealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aaron313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:36 PM   #221

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
VIN #1 Mustang 350GT R coming up at B-J....lot #3008

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Event...R-COUPE-182535
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:58 PM   #222
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

Should be interesting!
Old 01-17-2015, 11:18 PM   #223
Aaron313

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

$1,000,000.... I'm surprised it sold for that much. Same price as the first zr1

Aaron313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:32 PM   #224
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron313 View Post
$1,000,000.... I'm surprised it sold for that much. Same price as the first zr1

Not surprised! The Ford mustang has big brother, so it go against the ZR1 too , to some!And I expected this because Z/28 sold for 600,000 so somewhere between 800,000 and 1M was what I thought it would go! Plus gotta remember the ZR1 is older and produce more numbers than this will! Good for Ford ! Though I like the GT350 better in looks!