Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-16-2015, 12:10 PM   #197
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
1LE+LS7= Affordable Z/28.

The Z/28 GM did decide to do was just ego stroking. Very very effective, but also very very irrelevant
I read that an LS7 powered 1LE would have cost as much as a ZL1 and would not have been faster around a track. In order to separate the two, it had to perform better with the suspension, wheels/tires and brakes. That's where the extra costs come from.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:18 PM   #198
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Z/28 irrelevant.....

That has to be the dumbest comment I've seen on these forums in a long time.

The Z/28 is kicking everyone's ass around the track. Going against cars that are 2x or 3x the cost.

From a regulated competition perspective the street production Z/28 is irrelevant, as is the 350R. The CC brakes are not race legal nor are the tires.

Sorry, I forget some of us do not run in regulated racing circles.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #199
1QwikZ28

Drives: 1999 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
Besides the cobra R who offered a track focused car in recent years? Pony car wise.
Exactly my point...Ford started, continued with the Boss & LS Boss, GM followed...
Also, there was a 1993 Cobra R.
1QwikZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:08 PM   #200
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
And, again, a 1988 1LE factory-built Camaro
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:22 PM   #201
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwikZ28 View Post
Exactly my point...Ford started, continued with the Boss & LS Boss, GM followed...
Also, there was a 1993 Cobra R.
The 3rd gen 1LE was built specifically for stock racing.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:28 PM   #202
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The 3rd gen 1LE was built specifically for stock racing.
In fact, its immediate forbearer, the Player's/GM Challenge cars, even arrived at dealerships with a roll cage, racing seat and harness, and exhaust dump already installed.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #203
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post

Because Ford does want to sell as many Mustangs as it can and knows there is a market for that car? Like you, who would never consider buying a Ford product no matter how good it was, there are others who feel the same way about a GM product. You're living proof this myopic attitude is alive and well in the automotive community.

I do notice for a GM guy, you sure spend a lot of your time on this site posting in threads related to discussions about non-GM products.
Soooo your point?

And can a person post where they please? Alot of Ford ppl do the same who cares , as long as the person isn't breaking rules!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #204
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
The Boss LS could be had for 49K. The Z/28 had a sticker of 75K.

The 302R and S were non-vin'd, non-street legal cars.

The Mustang and Camaro always stood for blue collar affordable performance. At $75,000 that takes it out of the price range for the majority of Americans when it comes to car purchases.

Oh, alright! Well , happy that the Z/28 is able to be driven wherever on the streets! And as far as the Z/28 price goes the Americans should stop spending more for the German cars . Because I love that the Camaro is selling for prices all over. Cause I hate when ppl say it's just a Camaro!
Old 01-16-2015, 02:01 PM   #205
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I don't even know what this thread is about anymore.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:07 PM   #206
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Hahaha.... Surrrrrrrrre!
Old 01-16-2015, 02:11 PM   #207
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
[QUOTE=SpeedIsLife;8173540]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post

On what basis to you stake your claim that the 1LE is selling so much?

If it's true I'm happy to admit I'm wrong but I hardly EVER see 1LE's in real life, or on dealer lots. I think I may have seen 1 in the last two years.

Downsides?

It's got a really good track suspension, but it's a bit harsh for the street and conditions where there are less than ideal road surfaces (potholes, washboards, etc).

Summer only tires..

More than a few professional and amateur reviews have praised the 1LE on the track, but have said its perhaps a bit too hard for the street. Having driven and ridden in a 1LE I would agree. Fantastic track car, but not one I would want to live with on a daily basis.
Maybe it's regional? Here in Detroit, you can't find a 1LE on a car lot. Sold out, and they're not being sold off in the used world either, or at top dollar. Z/28's and ZL1's are common on lots, new and used, to my chagrin of resale values. I don't have a solid number in our Gen5 club but, as far as I recall, no one has gone for a Z/28 yet and the last ZL1 was added last winter. But, I'm positive there were at least 3 1LEs added last year and I know 2 others that are serious buyers, if they can work the right deal.

What that tells me is there is a solid price point of $40k or less that the majority of enthusiast drivers want to spend on a new Camaro.

On the street I've only seen 1 ZL1 if I wasn't at a car show, cruise-in, or club event. I've seen 2 Z/28's. I see 1LE's regularly in good weather. Same point as above. At that price point, guys are willing to drive 1LE's anywhere.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:19 PM   #208
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=DDoug;8174174]
Quote:

Maybe it's regional? Here in Detroit, you can't find a 1LE on a car lot. Sold out, and they're not being sold off in the used world either, or at top dollar. Z/28's and ZL1's are common on lots, new and used, to my chagrin of resale values. I don't have a solid number in our Gen5 club but, as far as I recall, no one has gone for a Z/28 yet and the last ZL1 was added last winter. But, I'm positive there were at least 3 1LEs added last year and I know 2 others that are serious buyers, if they can work the right deal.

What that tells me is there is a solid price point of $40k or less that the majority of enthusiast drivers want to spend on a new Camaro.

On the street I've only seen 1 ZL1 if I wasn't at a car show, cruise-in, or club event. I've seen 2 Z/28's. I see 1LE's regularly in good weather. Same point as above. At that price point, guys are willing to drive 1LE's anywhere.
Yup, it's crazy I've seen more ZL1's than 1LE's but I don't really go no where!lol... And I think it's because it's more of a package not like the ZL1 and low numbers produce ! Plus, the 1LE wasn't out til 13!
Old 01-16-2015, 02:34 PM   #209
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Me either. I keep coming back hoping to find out more info (like estimated price, options list, so on) and keep getting disappointed.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:44 PM   #210
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Me either. I keep coming back hoping to find out more info (like estimated price, options list, so on) and keep getting disappointed.

[QUOTE=DDoug;8174174]
Quote:

[QUOTE=Q'smuscle;8174190]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post

Yup, it's crazy I've seen more ZL1's than 1LE's but I don't really go no where!lol... And I think it's because it's more of a package not like the ZL1 and low numbers produce ! Plus, the 1LE wasn't out til 13!
In my area, I've seen more 1LE's than ZL1's and Z/28's combined. Which isn't saying much because I haven't seen a lot of ZL1's and the only Z/28 I've seen is the wild is mine.

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote