#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 01-18-2015, 10:19 AM   #2829
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltFed View Post
Bwahahaha. And there he goes again. Hilarious. How a car can bother someone so much that even when real life customer evidence is right in his face he is still in total denial. And proceeds pull shit out of his ass as "new" evidence when the article has a "July 21, 2014" stamp.

Haters always gonna find a way to hate. It's entertaining!!!
The car I thoroughly enjoy. It's the fans that flock here to laud its praises while ignoring its struggles that keep me coming back.

You even proved my point! Why do you think this is the FIRST time this manual Hellcat test from Cars.com has surfaced in this 114 page thread?? The 11.4 Cars.com run has been brought up NUMEROUS times to support the fact that a well-prepped track can yield performance metrics similar to Dodge's claimed 11.2 ET. Yet, not a single one of the Mopar faithful bring to light this Cars.com test at a drag-strip from 6 months ago?? Why do you think that is?

If we are going to discuss the performance, styling, technology of a car, why must we only be limited to the selective "highlights" that certain visitors to this forum choose?

Go back to page 5 of this thread and read post #120:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Curb weight of the ZL1 Camaro is 4150lbs Curb weight of the Hellcat is reported to be 4400lbs I don't think that the difference is that great, and with the update to the Challenger suspension I think that the only thing that the Camaro will see is the tail lights in the 1/4 and on the track it will be at least equal to the ZL1 the Z28 will be a better track car but if Dodge puts out a TA they would target the Z
They throw out claims like this. When the results start rolling in, we know the Hellcat will not in fact be "equal to the ZL1" on any track. When we start discussing these "suspension updates" on subsequent pages, the conversation quickly dies on the Mopar end only to resurrect when a good auto ET is posted. It's a one-sided story. Post anything about a Hellcat with a manual transmission (which 75% of the pre-orders were for) and suddenly I'm a hater, or the track wasn't prepped right or any number of excuses ensue.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:41 AM   #2830
BeltFed

Drives: Geo Metro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
The car I thoroughly enjoy. It's the fans that flock here to laud its praises while ignoring its struggles that keep me coming back.

You even proved my point! Why do you think this is the FIRST time this manual Hellcat test from Cars.com has surfaced in this 114 page thread?? The 11.4 Cars.com run has been brought up NUMEROUS times to support the fact that a well-prepped track can yield performance metrics similar to Dodge's claimed 11.2 ET. Yet, not a single one of the Mopar faithful bring to light this Cars.com test at a drag-strip from 6 months ago?? Why do you think that is?

If we are going to discuss the performance, styling, technology of a car, why must we only be limited to the selective "highlights" that certain visitors to this forum choose?

Go back to page 5 of this thread and read post #120:

They throw out claims like this. When the results start rolling in, we know the Hellcat will not in fact be "equal to the ZL1" on any track. When we start discussing these "suspension updates" on subsequent pages, the conversation quickly dies on the Mopar end only to resurrect when a good auto ET is posted. It's a one-sided story. Post anything about a Hellcat with a manual transmission (which 75% of the pre-orders were for) and suddenly I'm a hater, or the track wasn't prepped right or any number of excuses ensue.
You go to extreme lengths to prove your opinion that we no longer care about. You spew the same shit over and over, hating this, then hating that. You are proven wrong on one end, then you find something else. Face it, the Hellcat, and anything related, gets under your skin and makes you boil inside. Stop being an elitist self righteous prick, and enjoy the car for what it is.

We all benefit from this. Chevy and Ford are not going to sit idle and will eventually make their cars even better. And in return, you get a better Camaro, or whatever else you idolize, so you can stop crying.
BeltFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #2831
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Yea MEDISIN stop being jealous and a hater lol you only own a CTS-V one of the best American cars so what do you know? lmao
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #2832
rayzazoo

Drives: Challenger SRT Hellcat
Still getting the timeslip for the races on 1/16/2015.

Modified Black Hellcat (Nitto 555r 275/40/20 and VP MS109 race fuel) - broke the driveshaft again on the 1st pass. Car was inspected by several forum members, pictures taken of the engine bay and no signs of NoS.

Stock White Hellcat (Stock Pirelli PZero Summers and 93 octane fuel w/ 10% ethanol - premium fuel at the gas stations in Texas) -

12.5 @ 121mph (traction issues and 3rd gear bogged) and 11.16 @ 126mph

Last edited by rayzazoo; 01-18-2015 at 04:45 PM.
rayzazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:48 PM   #2833
MEDISIN

Quote:
You go to extreme lengths to prove your opinion that we no longer care about. You spew the same shit over and over, hating this, then hating that. You are proven wrong on one end, then you find something else. Face it, the Hellcat, and anything related, gets under your skin and makes you boil inside.
Opinions can't be proven, they are by nature subjective. Did you even read my post above? No explanation - just more insults? You like to pretend the Hellcat somehow bothers me. I'm ambivalent at best which explains why I have hundreds of posts in various threads here over the last 5+ years. Interesting you have 19 posts here, ALL on Hellcat-related threads...

Quote:
Stop being an elitist self righteous prick, and enjoy the car for what it is.
Again, nothing constructive to contribute to this thread - just more insults. Why so sensitive? I don't own a Hellcat...how am I to enjoy it? Do you enjoy your Hellcat?

Quote:
We all benefit from this. Chevy and Ford are not going to sit idle and will eventually make their cars even better. And in return, you get a better Camaro, or whatever else you idolize, so you can stop crying.
Don't pretend you know me. Only a fool would idolize a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
Yea MEDISIN stop being jealous and a hater lol you only own a CTS-V one of the best American cars so what do you know? lmao
Didn't you get the memo? All other cars pale in comparison to the Dodge twins. It is only the Hellcat now. Having owned many performance cars and trucks over the years both foreign and domestic, I have never met a fanbase as sensitive as Dodge fans. None of these characters even own a Hellcat but they defend it ad nauseum. Many are very practical - Hemi Dave for example. But post anything but sunshine about the Hellcat and the Mopar mafia come out to insult you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzazoo View Post
Still getting the timeslip for the races on 1/16/2015.

Modified Black Hellcat (Nitto 555r 275/40/20 and VP MS109 race fuel) - broke the driveshaft again on it's 1st pass. Car was inspected by several forum members, pictures taken of the engine bay and no signs of NoS.

Stock White Hellcat (Stock Pirelli PZero Summers and 93 octane fuel w/ 10% ethanol - premium fuel at the gas stations in Texas) -

12.5 @ 121mph (traction issues and 3rd gear bogged) and 11.16 @ 126mph
Another driveshaft snapped? Starting to think this is more than a faulty part. I understood Dodge strengthened the drivetrain to accommodate drag radials. Perhaps insufficient.

I'm guessing the white Hellcat is automatic? 11.16 is excellent. Perhaps the Dodge fanbase can rest easy tonight knowing someone finally achieved the Dodge marketed times.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
Old 01-18-2015, 04:05 PM   #2834
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Yeah just left the Streetcardrags in West Palm Beach and 1 Green Hellcat. Lets just say he didn't do good and left shortly after. Not bashing the guy but that's what happened.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:48 PM   #2835
rayzazoo

Quote:
Another driveshaft snapped? Starting to think this is more than a faulty part. I understood Dodge strengthened the drivetrain to accommodate drag radials. Perhaps insufficient.

I'm guessing the white Hellcat is automatic? 11.16 is excellent. Perhaps the Dodge fanbase can rest easy tonight knowing someone finally achieved the Dodge marketed times.
Both are automatic.

The white Hellcat ran 11.06 @ 126mph on 1/6/2015 and now 11.16 @ 126mph on 1/16/2015. All Stock. Pirelli PZero and 93 octane.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:56 PM   #2836
HEMI DAVE

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2015 Hellcat Challenger,
Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
Yeah just left the Streetcardrags in West Palm Beach and 1 Green Hellcat. Lets just say he didn't do good and left shortly after. Not bashing the guy but that's what happened.
Driver mod?
Old 01-18-2015, 04:58 PM   #2837
rayzazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI DAVE View Post
Driver mod?
Traction issues

Old 01-18-2015, 07:21 PM   #2838
HEMI DAVE

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2015 Hellcat Challenger,
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzazoo View Post
Traction issues

What the hell was Dodge thinking putting 275's out back?

They should have had at least an option for real rubber back there on a wider rim.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:56 PM   #2839
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI DAVE View Post
What the hell was Dodge thinking putting 275's out back?

They should have had at least an option for real rubber back there on a wider rim.
My guess is they were concerned about the drivetrain. After two broken drive shafts it seems possible.
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:09 PM   #2840
BeltFed

Quote:
Opinions can't be proven, they are by nature subjective. Did you even read my post above? No explanation - just more insults? You like to pretend the Hellcat somehow bothers me. I'm ambivalent at best which explains why I have hundreds of posts in various threads here over the last 5+ years. Interesting you have 19 posts here, ALL on Hellcat-related threads...

Again, nothing constructive to contribute to this thread - just more insults. Why so sensitive? I don't own a Hellcat...how am I to enjoy it? Do you enjoy your Hellcat?

Don't pretend you know me. Only a fool would idolize a car.

Didn't you get the memo? All other cars pale in comparison to the Dodge twins. It is only the Hellcat now. Having owned many performance cars and trucks over the years both foreign and domestic, I have never met a fanbase as sensitive as Dodge fans. None of these characters even own a Hellcat but they defend it ad nauseum. Many are very practical - Hemi Dave for example. But post anything but sunshine about the Hellcat and the Mopar mafia come out to insult you.

LOL. Thanks for proving my point once again. You are bothered so much you have to seek out my posting history, dissect my comments apart, and reply to individual sections to defend your argument. You DO go to extreme lengths to spew the same rhetoric. I think you take it a little too personal.

I however could give a rat's ass. But I do think it is hilarious you get so cooked off.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:46 PM   #2841
MEDISIN

Quote:
LOL. Thanks for proving my point once again. You are bothered so much you have to seek out my posting history, dissect my comments apart, and reply to individual sections to defend your argument. You DO go to extreme lengths to spew the same rhetoric. I think you take it a little too personal.

I however could give a rat's ass. But I do think it is hilarious you get so cooked off.
What history here? All 20 posts? Don't kid yourself, you've had zero impact or contribution to this discussion. You can't respond to a single question I've posed. Your personal attacks only distract from the conversation. Don't embarass yourself any further. If you can't contribute to the discussion, find somewhere else to troll.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:05 AM   #2842
BeltFed

Quote:
What history here? All 20 posts? Don't kid yourself, you've had zero impact or contribution to this discussion. You can't respond to a single question I've posed. Your personal attacks only distract from the conversation. Don't embarass yourself any further. If you can't contribute to the discussion, find somewhere else to troll.
Don't worry, I don't need to contribute to what is already obvious. You've already made up your mind, in denial.

I will however, continue to enjoy your attempts to dissuade everyone else that doesn't agree with you.

Keep em coming!

Tags
dodge, hellcat, horsepower, srt