#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-14-2015, 10:06 AM   #113
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
The CTS-V is the most powerful car in its Class. It doesn't really need 700+ hp. And no one has said the LT-series engines are "all done" in LT4 form at "only 650 hp." In fact, there's more than one source suggesting 700+ in this architecture is "possible, if necessary".

Class-appropriate competition will determine what is "necessary". Always has, and always will.
The Camaro won't make more power than the Corvette. That's always been the case. Even with the Z06 dead, the revisions to the Z/28 LS7 didn't net a single horsepower.

There's always potential left in an engine. It doesn't mean GM is going to use some of it for the ZL1.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:34 PM   #114
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
1. Are you really gonna argue the n/a vs forced induction with a Porsche? Yes it can be mad[e] to work but not with tiny ass blowers. That you can't argue.

Seems like we are. Or at least having a discussion

2. If you think the "gt" won't be a amazing car with crazy numbers you are just fooling yourself.

That's NOT what your initial hyperbole-laden remark said. You said "record break[er]". What record(s)? Please a few.

3. If priced properly the "vette" crowd will follow. Those buyers have a good amount of disposable income anyways.

Rear-mid-engine vehicles, as per the Ford GT, have a very limited market. Do you expect Ford to produce 20-30,000 "pedestrian" versions of the GT, priced from mid-$50s and up, like Corvette does with their current models?

4. Even at 650-700hp the lt4 better hope it can hang with what Ford brings out. Unless gm manages to make a lighter car. (Never happen)
And what do your tarot cards tell you Ford is coming out with for motorvation of the GT500? [more hyperbole in 3...2...1...]
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:47 PM   #115
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The Camaro won't make more power than the Corvette. That's always been the case. Even with the Z06 dead, the revisions to the Z/28 LS7 didn't net a single horsepower.

Who confirmed Corvette will never have more than an LT4 making 650 hp?

There's always potential left in an engine. It doesn't mean GM is going to use some of it for the ZL1.
And it doesn't exempt it, either. See above.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #116
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
And it doesn't exempt it, either. See above.
I should have been more clear. When the Camaro and Corvette share an engine, the Camaro will not make more power.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:00 PM   #117
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I like the blue color and stripe scheme. I just can't get over the body shell, as it still needs work.

It looks like it will be very competitive on the track.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #118
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
And what do your tarot cards tell you Ford is coming out with for motorvation of the GT500? [more hyperbole in 3...2...1...]
I make a comment saying it will break records and you tell me it won't yet I'm the one talking out my a$$? I guess the tarot cards you hold show its ability already huh? By records I mean the same track time records the z06 guys are holding onto since the car is getting ripped apart in a straight line. As for the gt500 Ford as had no problem answering back with a bad ss car that whooped everything else in a straight line. Given its engines ability to make power and weight I'm pretty sure they will offer something to dethrone the hellcats. If Chevy sticks with the lt4 w/1.7 blower it won't stand a chance even if its the same weight.

Btw you never responded to the issues bout the lil 1.7 blower on a track car. You think that was a good idea or are you gonna bring up another "turbo" car to defend a "blower" car?
Old 01-14-2015, 02:22 PM   #119
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
405 Ft LB's based on a 6,000LB vehicle.

Just like how the MT82 is limited to "only 390 ft lbs" of torque..but then everyone fails to mention "in a 10,000lb vehicle".
Ahhh thanks for the clarification.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:03 PM   #120
Aaron313

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
This is going to be the most capable pony car on the track. The z/28 has better brakes no doubt but this gt350r is going to out perform the z/28. Never thought I would see the day when a factory mustang would get 305/315 tires on it. Impressive and its definitely the car ford had to make because of the z/28. Jamal Hemeedi from ford said it was a combination of 911 and z/28 times they wanted to go after but I'm sure it's top goal was to surpass the z/28 and worry about Porsche numbers after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aaron313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:20 PM   #121
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Quote:
I make a comment saying it will break records... yet I'm the one talking out my a$$?
Apparently you are, until you tell us what "records" it's going to "break". Go ahead, we'll wait...

And your taunt that the next-Gen HP Camaro will NOT be able to handle an equally unannounced GT500 leads me to believe your special tarot cards, and the psychic insight they provide you, should be shared. Care to?

I'm not calling you out. I just REALLY hope you'll share these FACTS with us all.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:35 PM   #122
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
405 Ft LB's based on a 6,000LB vehicle.

Just like how the MT82 is limited to "only 390 ft lbs" of torque..but then everyone fails to mention "in a 10,000lb vehicle".
Your slide rule needs some recalibration. The torque rating is the torque rating, regardless of a vehicle's weight. And in what vehicle weighing "10,000 lb." was the MT82 featured, as OE?

Face it, the GT350s are now restricted by a minimalist transmission to "factory power - tuners need not apply".
Old 01-14-2015, 09:31 PM   #123
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Apparently you are, until you tell us what "records" it's going to "break". Go ahead, we'll wait...

And your taunt that the next-Gen HP Camaro will NOT be able to handle an equally unannounced GT500 leads me to believe your special tarot cards, and the psychic insight they provide you, should be shared. Care to?

I'm not calling you out. I just REALLY hope you'll share these FACTS with us all.
Just because I'm predicting something doesn't make it fact. But when you predict something that's ok right? Or are you just trolling?

Never ONCE did I ever say it won't be able to "handle equally" so please don't make up things to strengthen your argument.

As for the next gt500 I'm just going off the past and how Ford has responded. If I'm wrong on all of these then kudos to Chevy but they haven't done so well lately.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:50 PM   #124
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Speaking of "trolling":

Quote:
gm is in trouble. Between the 350/350r and now the "gt" Chevy is gonna have nothing to compete with either cars. God forbid Ford drops a new gt500 varaint. That would just be the nail in the coffin for them.
You did say that, didn't you?

And THEN you said this:

Quote:
Just because I'm predicting something doesn't make it fact. But when you predict something that's ok right? Or are you just trolling?

Never ONCE did I ever say it won't be able to "handle equally" [which isn't what I said] so please don't make up things to strengthen your argument.

As for the next gt500 I'm just going off the past and how Ford has responded. If I'm wrong on all of these then kudos to Chevy but they haven't done so well lately.
Which really means:

Quote:
I make a comment... yet I'm the one talking out my a$$?
Apparently so, friend, apparently so.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:38 PM   #125
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Your slide rule needs some recalibration. The torque rating is the torque rating, regardless of a vehicle's weight. And in what vehicle weighing "10,000 lb." was the MT82 featured, as OE?

Face it, the GT350s are now restricted by a minimalist transmission to "factory power - tuners need not apply".
You do not know what you're talking about.

A transmissions torque capacity is at a given gross vehicle weight rating. In the case of the Tremec 3160 it is at 4700 pounds gross vehicle weight.

Mkay? Mkay, glad you learned something today.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:38 AM   #126
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Well the brake arguement is over as the GT350R has an option for Carbon brakes and the wheels are CF options. Got to give Ford credit again asmthey are laying it all out and letting customers build it a la carte the way we want it?.

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/252624506

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote