#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 01-13-2015, 06:33 PM   #99
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
So, we have one case of it not suffering from overheating and other temperature issues..

And another where it did (Randy P's run where the Oil Temp caused him to shut down).

Time will tell.
Several other threads on there if people tracking the z06 with no issues
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:44 PM   #100
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
It's fast but for how many laps? I'm sorry but the intercooling and blower on the lt4 are a huge let down. Gm swore they had it figured out. Clearly they lied. We all expected heat soak but not like it has proven in such a short time.
Fact is, GM has a lot more experience building supercharged track cars than Ford does flat plane crank engines. Time will tell. Given Chevy's recent track record (pun intended), I'm not worried

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:58 PM   #101
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Fact is, GM has a lot more experience building supercharged track cars than Ford does flat plane crank engines. Time will tell. Given Chevy's recent track record (pun intended), I'm not worried
They do yet they still went with a smaller blower that creates more heat without being able to control temps. Look at the issues the zl1 had with the 1.9. The vette itself forced them to go smaller and that's a bad move. You dont force induct a "track" car and if you do you don't put the smallest parts you can find on it. The "GT" will be a record break you can bet that. The vette needs to go mid engine and let the camaro variants range from a turbo4 to a "unrestricted" forced inducted gt500 fighter.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:08 PM   #102
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
You dont force induct a "track" car
Gosh , I thought the all-conquering 917-934-935-962 Porsches were boosted. And all those Roush-IMSA variants. Must have been a bad dream.

Quote:
The "GT" will be a record break[er,] you can bet that.
At what? It WILL make a great 50th Anniversary present to itself. Just like the last one was a present to its benefactor.

Quote:
The vette needs to go mid engine
And leave 1,000s of loyal annual purchasers behind? Ford wishes they had those extra dollars to play with. The dollars GM will use to help create the "Zora".

Quote:
let the camaro variants range from a turbo4 to a[n] "unrestricted" forced inducted [sic] gt500 fighter.
You're likely to get your wish on this one. After all, who reveals first? GT500 or "unrestricted" HP Camaro? This time, like last, going second could again make the "follower" the "leader". It'll work well for the GT350-R killer as well.

SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:29 PM   #103
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I got bored and looked up the GT350 transmission, which is the TR3160. It's 121 lbs but only has a torque capacity of 405 lb ft so I don't see the GT350 making anywhere near the torque of the LS7 but, if the weight rumors are true, it won't need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
You're likely to get your wish on this one. After all, who reveals first? GT500 or "unrestricted" HP Camaro? This time, like last, going second could again make the "follower" the "leader". It'll work well for the GT350-R killer as well.

It would work if the ZL1 was going to get a one off engine but that isn't the case. It's getting the LT4 and won't make more than 650 hp.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:48 PM   #104
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It would work if the ZL1 was going to get a one off engine but that isn't the case. It's getting the LT4 and won't make more than 650 hp.
And you have that, signed in blood with who's signature, from GM?
Old 01-13-2015, 10:22 PM   #105
Bhobbs

Quote:
And you have that, signed in blood with who's signature, from GM?
Basically. It's called the 2016 CTS-V.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:06 PM   #106
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Firstly I absolutely Love the look of the GT350 & (R) versions and will defintely look at a test drive next time I'm shopping a replacement. While the speed and track abaility are very aluring the released slides today of the complexity of the FPC 5.2 GT350 engine is concerning and it will be interesting to see the longevity and reliability of that motor. Also how is Ford going to deal with the warranty for those of us who actually track our cars and not garage queen them.

Maybe our LS/LT engines may be a bit lower on factory specs but they are race proven reliable and straight forward to mod and repair. I'll take a few less HP for the day after day frind we put our cars through without a second thought.

Holy Cr@p just look at the timing chains on this thing.

http://www.hotrod.com/news/first-loo...#__federated=1

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:43 AM   #107
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
GM may be working on a Camaro but don't have the proper engine to take on the GT350. It seems more likely it will be just the LT1 and LT4 than anything else. No one has heard any rumors about a new engine being developed and it would have to be pretty far along for it to be in a Camaro soon.

We don't know if there is a Zora coming. All we saw were some spy shots of what may be a mid engine car that may or may not be a Corvette. It might not be a Chevy at all.
Is it just me, or is Ford really playing up the MOTOR part of the Ford Motor Company lately? Roadrunner, Trinity, Hummingbird, Phoenix?

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:54 AM   #108
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Is it just me, or is Ford really playing up the MOTOR part of the Ford Motor Company lately? Roadrunner, Trinity, Hummingbird, Phoenix?
I don't know if I would even say lately. Looking back, they built the 5.4 in the 00 Cobra R, the 4.6 supercharged in the Terminator and Lightning around the same time. Seems Ford is more willing to try different engines than Chevy.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:42 AM   #109
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Basically. It's called the 2016 CTS-V.
The CTS-V is the most powerful car in its Class. It doesn't really need 700+ hp. And no one has said the LT-series engines are "all done" in LT4 form at "only 650 hp." In fact, there's more than one source suggesting 700+ in this architecture is "possible, if necessary".

Class-appropriate competition will determine what is "necessary". Always has, and always will.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:00 AM   #110
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
I got bored and looked up the GT350 transmission, which is the TR3160. It's 121 lbs but only has a torque capacity of 405 lb ft so I don't see the GT350 making anywhere near the torque of the LS7 but, if the weight rumors are true, it won't need to.
Wait does it really have a torque capacity of 405 lb-ft? Could that be why we haven't seen power figures yet? Seems like that may be a bit of an issue and hold things back a bit.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:09 AM   #111
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Wait does it really have a torque capacity of 405 lb-ft? Could that be why we haven't seen power figures yet? Seems like that may be a bit of an issue and hold things back a bit.
405 Ft LB's based on a 6,000LB vehicle.

Just like how the MT82 is limited to "only 390 ft lbs" of torque..but then everyone fails to mention "in a 10,000lb vehicle".
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:23 AM   #112
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Gosh , I thought the all-conquering 917-934-935-962 Porsches were boosted. And all those Roush-IMSA variants. Must have been a bad dream.

At what? It WILL make a great 50th Anniversary present to itself. Just like the last one was a present to its benefactor.

And leave 1,000s of loyal annual purchasers behind? Ford wishes they had those extra dollars to play with. The dollars GM will use to help create the "Zora".

1. Are you really gonna argue the n/a vs forced induction with a Porsche? Yes it can be mad to work but not with tiny ass blowers. That you can't argue.

2. If you think the "gt" won't be a amazing car with crazy numbers you are just fooling yourself.

3. If priced properly the "vette" crowd will follow. Those buyers have a good amount of disposable income anyways.

4. Even at 650-700hp the lt4 better hope it can hang with what Ford brings out. Unless gm manages to make a lighter car. (Never happen)