Phastek Performance

Old 03-30-2013, 04:59 AM   #29
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
that's pretty much their job now.
That's because you only think of cops as traffic cops, since that's where you mainly see them work
Old 03-30-2013, 05:05 AM   #30
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
That's because you only think of cops as traffic cops, since that's where you mainly see them work
you going to tell me cops don't have quota's of tickets they have to write. that they don't have to generate a certain amount of money to justify that position? or that advancement and promotion isn't heavily determined by how many tickets are being written

the cops have fallen far the last few decades. too much revenue focus, nepotism, politics, and corruption. serve and protect isn't what it used to be. now that's not to say there aren't good cops out there, I actually know a couple. they're just getting fewer and farther between.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:10 AM   #31
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
1.you going to tell me cops don't have quota's of tickets they have to write.
2.that they don't have to generate a certain amount of money to justify that position?
3.or that advancement and promotion isn't heavily determined by how many tickets are being written

4.the cops have fallen far the last few decades. too much revenue focus, nepotism and corruption. serve and protect isn't what it used to be.
I broke your quote up to answer it easier

1. Yes we have quotas, they don't want officers not having anything to do. We aren't always call, to call, to call.

2. No, we don't have to generate any amount of money. This is the most misunderstood part of law enforcement. When I write a ticket...my department gets $1.28 back from it of the $120. The city gets $15. State and courts get the rest. We write 500 tickets a year. Sorry, $650/year isn't helping pay 75 officers salaries like the public believes. It all goes to educating the public at schools and such.

3. I have never in my life heard of anyone ever getting promoted due to how many tickets are written. Dafuq?

4. That's the west. The west needs some serious help.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:14 AM   #32
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
you going to tell me cops don't have quota's of tickets they have to write. that they don't have to generate a certain amount of money to justify that position? or that advancement and promotion isn't heavily determined by how many tickets are being written

the cops have fallen far the last few decades. too much revenue focus, nepotism, politics, and corruption. serve and protect isn't what it used to be. now that's not to say there aren't good cops out there, I actually know a couple. they're just getting fewer and farther between.
No my friend, I am going to tell you that I said exactly what I said, and not what you want to tack on to it: you think of cops as traffic cops because you only see traffic cops and that's what a cop means to you.

That's it, end of my comment. Don't make it into something it's not please
Old 03-30-2013, 05:15 AM   #33
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

Quote:
No my friend, I am going to tell you that I said exactly what I said, and not what you want to tack on to it: you think of cops as traffic cops because you only see traffic cops and that's what a cop means to you.

That's it, end of my comment. Don't make it into something it's not please
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:20 AM   #34
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
actually Adam, my information comes from former law enforcement people I know.

2. In Va, the money goes to the jurisdiction that writes the tickets. yes, it all goes to the general fund, but that's where the salary is being paid from. if a fairfax county cop writes a ticket, your paying that money to Fairfax county. it may not go directly to the PD, but since the county is funding the PD it doesn't really matter.

3. it's not a conditional thing, but If you don't think in most jurisdictions the people writing the most tickets are considered to be doing a better job and are looked at more favorably for promotion then I think your burying your head in the sand. you think the officer not making his quota is getting that Sergent position that came open?

4. it's not just in the west. hell, look how many people have posted here about getting away with stuff because mom was a dispatcher, or dad was on the force or they just pulled out their gold card. in a lot of places they use those "thin blue line" stickers. just throw one on the window, bumper, wherever and your good to go so long as you can drop a name or two.

and again, not to offend any of the LEO's here, I know it varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. and I'm also well aware that there are good cops out there.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:24 AM   #35
epatrone

Drives: 2011 camaro 2SS L99
It is called "Community Policing" and it is a friendly advice to keep valuables out of sight. I rather have a friendly reminder about my valuables than a broken window from some punk. The other vehicles may have nothing in plain view and that is why it was left alone. Maybe the officer started to commit to some community policing and was called off on a call. You should be honored that the officer took the time to give you advice, maybe the officer was impressed with the vehicle and had a soft spot for Camaro owners. Ed
epatrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:41 AM   #36
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
1. Yes we have quotas, they don't want officers not having anything to do. We aren't always call, to call, to call.

I think you may want to re-phrase that... It's actually illegal to have a "quota" system in place. There is only one county in the US where it's not illegal to have one. They can set "goal standards" or blah blah blah though.

To the OP. Just be glad someone is looking out for you, put items out of site and move on.

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:46 AM   #37
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post

I think you may want to re-phrase that... It's actually illegal to have a "quota" system in place. There is only one county in the US where it's not illegal to have one. They can set "goal standards" or blah blah blah though.

To the OP. Just be glad someone is looking out for you, put items out of site and move on.
I was just starring at your avatar and signature. Made me laugh to see your police vehicle and a picture of you tearing it up in your camaro. lol...reckless driving. love it.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:54 AM   #38
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
I was just starring at your avatar and signature. Made me laugh to see your police vehicle and a picture of you tearing it up in your camaro. lol...reckless driving. love it.
Do you even know where that picture was taken?

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Old 03-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #39
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
At the end of the day, an LEO is still a human being with human being tendencies. You think that every officer of the law doesn't grin and look around, then maybe accelerate a little aggressively?

I got pulled over once for not using my turn signal. Well that was his excuse. It was an old LEO who used to drive the Caprice's and he wanted to just talk about it haha. He then proceeded to 'accelerate aggressively' away in his Crown Vic.

LEO's are people too. Only the asshole ones will write you a ticket for every minor infraction, or the nice ones will if you're an asshole to them.

Whoever placed that notice on your vehicle probably saw it from their car as they were patrolling the lot and left you a note basically saying "If I were looking for something to steal - your car is now a potential target."

To the LEO's in here: I've never gotten a ticket for going 7 over. Would you write a ticket for 7 over? Curiosity.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:13 AM   #40
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsZL1 View Post
At the end of the day, an LEO is still a human being with human being tendencies. You think that every officer of the law doesn't grin and look around, then maybe accelerate a little aggressively?

I got pulled over once for not using my turn signal. Well that was his excuse. It was an old LEO who used to drive the Caprice's and he wanted to just talk about it haha. He then proceeded to 'accelerate aggressively' away in his Crown Vic.

LEO's are people too. Only the asshole ones will write you a ticket for every minor infraction, or the nice ones will if you're an asshole to them.

Whoever placed that notice on your vehicle probably saw it from their car as they were patrolling the lot and left you a note basically saying "If I were looking for something to steal - your car is now a potential target."

To the LEO's in here: I've never gotten a ticket for going 7 over. Would you write a ticket for 7 over? Curiosity.
The judges here will toss pretty much anything under 10-15mph over. Funny thing is the photo vans will tag you at 10 over and they uphold every single one....

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Old 03-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #41
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Cops giving out smiley faced tickets!

I wish our tickets looked as friendly over here.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #42
cmoz28

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS LS3
[QUOTE=BDBiker;6357630]The Sheriff dept does the same thing here, I have got a few of their little notes just to let me know that they are out there "on patrol". But when I have called them in a time of need, I can plan on a 30 minute wait before I see a officer.
As for me, I view the cops as totally useless, they are never around when you need them. But I can plan on getting hit by at least one radar trap going to work and at least one going home each day. They usually set up 2 or 3 so that you think that you are clear to let it rip and then: SURPRISE!![/QUOTE

Same here
cmoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote