Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #15
Madness11
086YN

Drives: Black 2SS/RS Demon of Madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Cavaliers were last made in 2005. You're still paying on it?
SHE is still paying on it and SHE picked it up used. I have been helping her pay on it since we got together. I still have my own stuff I need to pay off as well.

not to mention her car also needs a new A/C compressor, evaporator, and orifice tube.....$300+.....SMH

Back to the matter at hand..... Thanks for the two links that were posted above. That helped.

We are both hoping for a boy....any bets? lol
Madness11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #16
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
the Basket type seats are kinda tricky to get in and out but once they hit a yearish you should be able to switch to a standard type seat that you leave in the car Much less painful, Plus my daughter loves the wind blowing in her hair and is always giggling when the top is down.
Also before you buy anything talk to friends and family, a friend just gave us two Really nice car seats just to get rid of them.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Congrats!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #18
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
I have had my niece in my camaro once and she is still in the infant seat. Not the easiest but do-able. My brother in law has a 2011 ******* 5.0 and has my niece in the car every day. He has it to a science.
steveo9043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #19
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Traded a 1992 Mr2 highly moded turbo on a Plymouth breeze under pressure from the now exwife. Then the kids never rode in my car anyways because if we were going anywhere with the kids we were together so why move the seats. It was retarded, still not over it, she was just trying to neuter me, don't fall for it.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
Madness11
086YN

Thanks for the advice LOL
Old 01-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #21
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Let my pain be your gain friend!

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #22
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
Just a car, dude. A nice car but still a car.

Your kid though is a different matter all together. Time to be a Dad... family first, toys a distant second.
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #23
RedRaven

Drives: 2012 2SS M6 CRT
How tall is your wife? You can get the infant seat that latches into a base. One button and he/she is out! Your wife's knees might be in the glove box though. Only a few months till they're in a front facing seat. Don't forget the onesie that says "My Daddy's Car Rocks - Eat Diaper!"

First real car: 1968 Malibu, '67 283, Canary yellow
RedRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #24
cmoz28

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
Some people couldn't care less on what they drive. My fiancee drives a Malibu with close to 200k miles, filthy as all get out, barely runs, she's driving it until it dies and then buying a Honda or something to last for a long time. She makes more money than I do, and she spends more money on clothes and shoes than I have in my entire 26 years on earth. Don't get me started on purses, makeup, etc.

That said, I take meticulous care of my car. I also spend a lot of money on entertainment, gadgets, etc. Different strokes for different people. I've offered many times to help her pick out a new car (believe me, she can afford it), and she just isn't interested right now.
Dont let her buy a honda buy the new 2013 malibu with the 2.0 turbo. I drove one and its a great looking and pretty quick. Buy American!!
cmoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #25
Madness11
086YN

The toys I have will stay...the toys i want can wait.

My wife is about 5'5" and when she sits in my camaro now she is flexible enough to sit indian style i guess you could say so we could move the seat forward some. I cant wait til my child is old enough for the simpson racing seat that i saw at my local racing supply store.....my child will be riding around like a rockstar with me. My child will also have crazy shirts and onesies.....for sure.

I will not buy foreign when we are ready to buy a new car for my wife. With the ride she wants we will have to save money for a down payment AND trade her car in.....actually I would rather keep her car and save money for the down payment, that way there is another paid off mode of transportation. We shall see though.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #26
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Congrats Madness11! The little buggers will turn your priorities upside down but they are a blessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
and she spends more money on clothes and shoes than I have in my entire 26 years on earth. Don't get me started on purses, makeup, etc.
You're not alone brother, you just described 99% of the women in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
You are correct, rear facing means the passenger seat will have to be moved most or all the way forward. You will also have to watch where you park because the long doors on the Camaro will have to be fully open while you perform gymnastics to buckle the kid in.
In can be done but it won't be convenient.
Congrats dad!
My wife and I struggled with a car seat in the back for many months before deciding to go 4-door. As others have said, it can be done, but gets cumbersome at times. Most days I wish I had my SS back, but life is full of compromises. The whine of the LSA makes up for it a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Buy a new car for the new mother. Get something reliable, a big tree-knocker-downer with all the doors.

We loved raising babies
Kind of glad they are gone now though
Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, something with mass and easy to repair. Will take mass over MPG every time when the safety of my family is on the line. Wife's LR3 gets 15MPG combined (premium no less). It's a 6,000lb rolling safe as far as I'm concerned.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #27
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Just bungy cord the child to the motorcycle seat. Or if you have saddle bags, he or she should fit in them for a few months, at least.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #28
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
just throw the baby back there and call it good
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote